NLB Adriatic League 2010/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oky View Post
    1. – I don’t see why are you prominence that? You should ask from your club management to give immediate resignations cause they were involved in organization of this F4 together with city of Ljubljana.
    I know for a fact who was involved in organization and responsible for this. City and club had nothing to do with organization itself.

Originally posted by Oky View Post
    2. – Srdjan Dozai = Croat Serb, now that’s a new one, you just now how to make people laugh
    It was made for people to laugh, if you didn't understand the joke...

3. – Now that’s a statement! It was directed that Olimpija may not win the game, especially when we know that neither Partizan or any Serbian club has no people in ruling board of the league, knowing that NLB is main sponsor of the competition, that you were given F4 organization for the fourth time (a record), even tough Buducnost, as a debutant should be the only logic and normal choice. Some should be really a narrow minded to create such theory, and belive in it…. Directed…. Epic!
    Directed, once again.

4. – So a Croat referee, that was refereeing Euroleague final game in 2008, risks his career and reputation ruling in Partizan favor cause of the directions from god knows who, and than saying it loud and clear in the middle of the game in front of everyone and puts his career on stake, can that be ...? Well I guess if that Photographer said it, it’s pretty reliable. No way he is just pissed of Olimpija fan, just couldn’t be,
    I know the photographer who said this. I believe him and he's actually Serbian.

7. – This is silly, no one , I repeat no one from Buducnost complained, or even given a hint on referees deciding the game. Some of my friends, Buducnost supporters watched the game and they to didn’t mentioned that. I guess you’re trying to be more catholic than the Pope, or those it just hurt that much?
    Gavrilo Pajović and Momčilo Popović were complaining and Radonjić but they didn't want to speak up in public, same as Zdovc didn't and players of Olimpija.

9. – Now 4 days after the game, there is no where to find this article on Serbian internet or newspaper media. I’m pretty sure Dule didn’t said it that way, maybe it’s wrong interpretation?
    Yes, probably wrong interpretation. Dude, who are you kidding?

Slovenian sponsors, starting next season, are gone from the league, btw. Thank god.

Anyway, conversation ended from my behalf, congrats on winning this. I have no problems with Partizan winning it, they were better at accepting whatever was going on on court.
    Last edited by elaj; 04-25-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• ... elaj, do elaborate about the sponsors, even if on private messages.

Few seasons ago, I'd actually jump out of my seat if I heard that, right now don't really care.
      Out of 2 million € of sponsorship for the league waste majority is politicaly directed anyway, meaning if only one million would stay within our basketball, even losing NLB league wouldn't be much of an issue in general.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by elaj View Post
        I know for a fact who was involved in organization and responsible for this. City and club had nothing to do with organization itself.

Directed, once again.
        Do tell, let the world knows who's responsible!
        I know the photographer who said this. I believe him and he's actually Serbian.
        I highly doubt this story! Him being Serbian brings even more doubt...
        Yes, probably wrong interpretation. Dude, who are you kidding?
        Even if he said that, I can't see what's Partizan's fault at it... Dule is a master at putting pressure on refs and he actually have right on this matter.
        But, Olimpija will have to earn this right.
        Slovenian sponsors, starting next season, are gone from the league, btw. Thank god.
        So? Will this league disintegrate?
        And why "thank God"? It's not that Serbs lured and black-mailed you into this league, it was the other way around, as I can recall.
        Anyway, conversation ended from my behalf, congrats on winning this. I have no problems with Partizan winning it, they were better at accepting whatever was going on on court.
        Partizan played finals twice in Ljubljana and both times there were problems, even some assaults... Both times Partizan was accused of shady business. I would like someone (for God's sake) to annex some evidence for instance, or just STFU! Demagogy is very popular throughout ex-Yu, among politicians, tycoons, religion representatives, sports officials, but enough is enough...

Comment

• SunOverHStreet, you'd be surprised by all the things and people some individuals on this forum know.
          Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 04-25-2011, 04:39 PM.
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
            SunOverTheStreet, you'd be surprised by all the things and people some individuals on this forum know.
            I'm not interested in 'behind the curtain' doings... But if he have some infos, please, he should tell everything he knows, otherwise it's nothing but misleading. I would love to know how Partizan is doing those things, is it money, influence, what? I know for sure that money and influence isn't something that Partizan could brag about...

I watched the game, refereeing wasn't good, but I wouldn't say that it was in Partizan's favor. Refs made several mistakes on both sides, than compensating in very next possession. The obvious being Ožbolt's bumping into Kecman (wasn't sanctioned), which provoked Kecman's unsportsmanlike reaction (which also wasn't sanctioned, but should've been)...
            I'm aware that little bit of cockiness is desirable, but something else is needed, too. I got the impression that Zdovc made his players more nervous, instead of calming them down. Maybe Ožbolt thought he'll hit every freackin' shot, like he did against Krka, thus his frustration... Partizan is not Krka, obviously, and 'you' need to play your arse off to beat them in such important game, especially in such aggressive manner. I mean, they were close and it wouldn't be wrong if they won it, also.
            Now, the worst thing would be to abandon this project of new Olimpija, just because something went wrong for them in the finals...

Comment

• Of course things goes on both sides, I am not that naive to believe in ultimate innocence of Olimpija's players For example I am surprised on few recent games by the ammount of low hits Ožbolt is sharing against his opponents and Jagodnik... well, you've seen him in Hemofarm for the last few seasons.
              but that's not the point.

Elaj didn't make that quote up. It was also published here within majority of the media, which you can imagine, what kind of an outrage it provoked with the people within the club, within some of the Olimpija/NLB league sponsors, basketball journalists, fans or general public. I won't argue if it's true or not (I wasn't there to hear it), but in case it is, those referees have to be sanctioned as strictly as possible. Not trying to take anything away from Partizan by saying that, there are very few clubs I respect as much as I respect Partizan.
              Sanctions are up to Lisac, Radić and Lorbek, I guess... but I kind of doubt anything will happen here.

There also shouldn't be any excuses about the abandoning the "new Olimpija project" due to all this. Olimpija is all about supporters and even if it would collapse one year ago, it would still be more of an basketball clubs than 90% of them out there as a fan of a club with devoted supporters that love their club and basketball I know you share the same feeling for Partizan
              Issues with Olimpija are elsewhere...

I wish Partizan fans would understand that all this anger isn't towards Partizan, but towards Dožai (and his alikes) and the management of the league.

Comment

• 2011. Adriatic league finals between Olimpija and Partizan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  Of course things goes on both sides, I am not that naive to believe in ultimate innocence of Olimpija's players For example I am surprised on few recent games by the ammount of low hits Ožbolt is sharing against his opponents and Jagodnik... well, you've seen him in Hemofarm for the last few seasons.
                  but that's not the point.
                  Jagodnik is another story and I deliberately didn't want to mention him, but Ožbolt was indeed a surprise...
                  Elaj didn't make that quote up. It was also published here within majority of the media, which you can imagine, what kind of an outrage it provoked with the people within the club, within some of the Olimpija/NLB league sponsors, basketball journalists, fans or general public. I won't argue if it's true or not (I wasn't there to hear it), but in case it is, those referees have to be sanctioned as strictly as possible. Not trying to take anything away from Partizan by saying that, there are very few clubs I respect as much as I respect Partizan.
                  You should be honest to yourselves. Hole city, sponsors, supporters, Janković, had high expectations and didn't even thought about possibility of losing the finals. That's the biggest problem. For the first time in God knows how many years, Olimpija manged to build respectable roster and to have successful European campaign. Not to mention that they never won Adriatic league(in it's current format) and this was the best opportunity for it, and also to justify the money invested. This is why this defeat hurts so much and I kinda sympathize with Olimpija's supporters, but some things are getting out of proportion. The story of Dožaj saying to Gist that he shouldn't worry is really out of this world. No body's that stupid!
                  I posted entire game here, so everybody will be able to see and judge by themselves. BTW, I have huge respect for your opinions and your way of thinking, but here I will have to disagree with you. If you have so much doubts about the game, it indirectly means that 'you', especially your medias, are trying to take this victory away from Partizan...
                  There also shouldn't be any excuses about the abandoning the "new Olimpija project" due to all this. Olimpija is all about supporters and even if it would collapse one year ago...
                  I'm aware of this, but as you can witness, Zvezda is in such situation and I'm pretty sure Zvezda's supporters would rather see it fighting for some trophy than see it just existing... I hope you understand what I mean.
                  And of course that I'm aware how much Olimpija is loved and followed in Ljubljana and that no one there would let it extinct and fade away.
                  I wish Partizan fans would understand that all this anger isn't towards Partizan, but towards Dožai (and his alikes) and the management of the league.
                  This league is desperate need for ownership restructuring, for fresh faces and new ideas. This league is turning into clone of Euroleague, but with it's bad things emphasized the most... Refereeing being one of the greatest problems.
                  Also, Serbian clubs deserve bigger respect and bigger stake in it's management than they have ATM. Having F4 for the fourth time in Ljubljana is just one of the examples of it's one-sidedness...

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information