• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHINA TEAM
    DON'T RUN!~

nice pic

by the way, Narvaez got drafted today in the NBDL
    sigpic

Comment

Incidentally, his Albuquerque Thunderbirds will travel soon to China for 2 exhibition games against China NT.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
        Incidentally, his Albuquerque Thunderbirds will travel soon to China for 2 exhibition games against China NT.
        anything planned for him?
        sigpic

Comment

Old School

What about the players from the Old School?

The one's that played down in PR during the 80's.

The one's that put PR on the map in basketball history.

To name a few, Wes Correa, Mario Butler, Jerome Mincey, Picolean Ortiz, Mario Sanchez, Munch, Edwin Peqoit, etc.

Let's see how your history skills are.

Comment

Information

Originally posted by -K2-
            anything planned for him?
            Do you have any info. or photos from the PR players of the 1980's. The notiable one's. Highest scores, championship teams, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeline
              What about the players from the Old School?

The one's that played down in PR during the 80's.

The one's that put PR on the map in basketball history.

To name a few, Wes Correa, Mario Butler, Jerome Mincey, Picolean Ortiz, Mario Sanchez, Munch, Edwin Peqoit, etc.

Let's see how your history skills are.
              1. Wes Correa was a drug addict, one of the best scorers in PR Basketball History, SF/SG. Morovis Titanes
              2. Mario Butler was panamenians, The best rebounder that have ever played in PR
              3. Jerome Mincy, currently the assistant GM on the NT. 6'8" PF who played in training camps with the Knicks, but was forced to play SF, and didnt make the roster. He developed a jump shot after that experience.
              4. Piculin Ortiz.. do I have to talk about him?
              5. Mario Sanchez? Mario "Quijote" Morales, SF, 6'8". Played for the Guaynabo Mets along with Fico Lopez. One of the best scorers back in the day. Didnt play in the NCAA cuz he couldnt speak english. Same with the NBA.
              6. Munch?
              7. you mean Edwin Pellot, right?
              8. do you know about Georgie Torres? Teo Cruz? Ruben Rodriguez? Raymond Dalmau? Pachin Vicens? El Mago Blondet? Neftali Rivera? Fufi Santori? Tinajon Feliciano? Stop with the "The one's that put PR on the map in basketball history." B.S. cuz thats not true. You are actually disrecpecting our basketball history. Thanks
              sigpic

Comment

BSN Championship Teams from 1980 to 1990
                1980 - Guaynabo Mets
                1981 - Bayamon Vaqueros
                1982 - Guaynabo Mets
                1983 - Canovanas Indios
                1984 - Canovanas Indios*
                1985 - Aibonito Polluelos
                1987 - Morovis Titanes
                1988 - Bayamon Vaqueros
                1989 - Guaynabo Mets
                1990 - Ponce Leones

BSN Scoring Leaders from 1980 to 1990
                1980 - Mario Morales 32.9 PPG (Guaynabo Mets)
                1981 - Rolando Frazer 33.4 PPG (Aibonito Polluelos)
                1982 - Rolando Frazer 34.2 PPG (Aibonito Polluelos)
                1983 - Jim Maldonado 30.6 PPG (Arecibo Capitanes)
                1984 - Georgie Torres 28.8 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                1985 - Georgie Torres 33.5 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                1986 - Georgie Torres 29.7 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                1987 - Georgie Torres 35.5 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                1988 - Edgar Leons 30.5 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                1989 - Wesley Correa 30.9 (Morovis Titanes)
                1990 - Edgar Leon 31.8 PPG (Fajardo Cariduros)
                sigpic

Comment

Edgardo Edstrom, Michael Shroeder and Joe Gleason

Thats my future team hehehe
                  Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                  16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                  Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                  8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Can anyone describe this Raymond Dalmau and his game? (Please) I mean you guys are ripping the other Dalmau that he can't play and never plays well for NT and is Mr. Turnover etc. But Raymond Dalmau is supposed to be one of the best ever from PR? So are they related? How many Dalmau's are there?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)
                      Can anyone describe this Raymond Dalmau and his game? (Please) I mean you guys are ripping the other Dalmau that he can't play and never plays well for NT and is Mr. Turnover etc. But Raymond Dalmau is supposed to be one of the best ever from PR? So are they related? How many Dalmau's are there?
                      I wasnt even born when he retired, so its kinda hard for me to give u an scouting report on him. All I know is that he played F and was a hard nosed played. He has 3 kids playing ball, Christian, Ricardo and Richie.

Christian is the one that plays in Poland.
                      Ricardo plays in the BSN and he has not followed an international career (dont know why)
                      Richie, IMO, the best of them 3, played in Italy for a season, and in the NBDL. he also was a starter for the PR NT on the Indianapolis WBC.

sigpic

Comment

No Disrespect intended

thanks for the infor. I happen to be Wes Correa's ex-wife, we have two son's together. I lived down there during those years with him, during the height of his career. I am pleased to say that Wes is no longer on drugs, doing quite well, he plays in several leagues here is NY. And yes, I know all of the players your mentioned, I ate dinner at there homes and traveled with them during tournaments. Do you have any news clippings or any pictures.

QUOTE=-K2-]1. Wes Correa was a drug addict, one of the best scorers in PR Basketball History, SF/SG. Morovis Titanes
                        2. Mario Butler was panamenians, The best rebounder that have ever played in PR
                        3. Jerome Mincy, currently the assistant GM on the NT. 6'8" PF who played in training camps with the Knicks, but was forced to play SF, and didnt make the roster. He developed a jump shot after that experience.
                        4. Piculin Ortiz.. do I have to talk about him?
                        5. Mario Sanchez? Mario "Quijote" Morales, SF, 6'8". Played for the Guaynabo Mets along with Fico Lopez. One of the best scorers back in the day. Didnt play in the NCAA cuz he couldnt speak english. Same with the NBA.
                        6. Munch?
                        7. you mean Edwin Pellot, right?
                        8. do you know about Georgie Torres? Teo Cruz? Ruben Rodriguez? Raymond Dalmau? Pachin Vicens? El Mago Blondet? Neftali Rivera? Fufi Santori? Tinajon Feliciano? Stop with the "The one's that put PR on the map in basketball history." B.S. cuz thats not true. You are actually disrecpecting our basketball history. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

I have some pics

mainly Fico Lopez, Piculin Ortiz, maybe Jerome Mincy, I have a pic of Ramon Rivas... hmmmm, i dont know, I have to search around, and that would be a project
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information