Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebanon writes their second victory in World Champs history

I really want to make congrats for Lebanon. The fact that this mid-east country is in World Championship is great already. Not only that. Players have to play while having in minds about their country, the war that's happening there, have to worry about it. I'm sure that's very hard mentally. I just want to say they are not only able to beat all psychological things in their minds, they're also able to beat such team like France! That's a HUGE respect to Lebanese players. HUGE.

Again, congrats to Lebanon fans!

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Soccer is much more popular in Slovenia then basketball.
    you kidding!!!!!!!!!

my friend tell me in slovenia,basketball is biggest,people in slovenia dont play soccer,they play basketball much more.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMann
    you kidding!!!!!!!!!

my friend tell me in slovenia,basketball is biggest,people in slovenia dont play soccer,they play basketball much more.
    I'm from Slovenia, and I can assure you that football is much more popular here then basketball.

you kidding!!!!!!!!!

Basketball as popular as it, it's still a secondary sport in most countries. As much as we love this sport, that's the cruel reality.

Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    Basketball as popular as it, it's still a secondary sport in most countries. As much as we love this sport, that's the cruel reality.
    soccer only have big name,nothing else is better than basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Butata
    Correct me if I'm wrong, aside from the Philippines, the only other countries/territories where basketball is more popular than football are Lithuania, Puerto Rico and Lebanon. So basketball popularity in Lebanon will be at its peak with this win over France!

Don't forget the U.S.

Unless of course you mean American football.

Interesting, according to Wikipedia, Lithuania and the Phillipines are the only countries where basketball is the most popular sport. Though it has baseball for the U.S., I would thing American football has surpased that (and basketball following).

Either way mazel tov to Lebanese team.

Good to see Fadi back in shape. I only have seen Lebanon face Argentina, and well....France on the otherhand, another disapointment. Somebody needs to step up. They have good young talent, but nobody to take over a game. Parker was that, but a PG shouldn't be the player and even with that said, he ain't playing.

BadMann should emigrate to Lithuania.. He wants so much basketball to be the top sport worldwide... So at least he could be happy in Lithuania

The new coach of "Lietuvos rytas" Sharon Drucker said "To me, Lithuania is No.1 basketball-country because here you can feel and smell it in the air all the time"

soccer only have big name,nothing else is better than basketball.
    Don't get me wrong, I love basketball but I was just trying to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13
    Don't forget the U.S.

Unless of course you mean American football.

Interesting, according to Wikipedia, Lithuania and the Phillipines are the only countries where basketball is the most popular sport. Though it has baseball for the U.S., I would thing American football has surpased that (and basketball following).

Either way mazel tov to Lebanese team.
    In the United States baseball and american football are far more popular than basketball. Even golf is more popular than basketball. It's still a big countr yand there a lot of people that love the sport but it's nowhere near being no. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilis
    BadMann should emigrate to Lithuania.. He wants so much basketball to be the top sport worldwide... So at least he could be happy in Lithuania

The new coach of "Lietuvos rytas" Sharon Drucker said "To me, Lithuania is No.1 basketball-country because here you can feel and smell it in the air all the time"
    LOL,a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    In the United States baseball and american football are far more popular than basketball. Even golf is more popular than basketball. It's still a big country and there a lot of people that love the sport but it's nowhere near being no. 1.
    Golf more popular then basketball? Well NASCAR may be. The U.S. is big, so there may be a 'Balkaniztion' of sports. Meaning, a different region, different favorite sport.

What is popularity? Wikipedia has baseball listed as the most popular, but more people watch (American or gridiron) football, and only bowling is played by more Americans than basketball.

I see Latvia is listed as basketball being the number one sport, any Latvians care to comment?

i think basketball is more promising than soccer.many country bball is most played sports.i say in greece slovenia sebia latvia and usa basketball is most played sports.

is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by sariss
    i mean most played sports not most popular sports.

slovenia,crotia,sebia,greece(near future),russia,china,america,canada,newzeland,Esth onia,latvia,and so many on are much more popular than soccer!!!!!!!!
    In New Zealand basketball is definitely more popular than soccer however, in that country Rugby is the religion and highly unlikely rugby would be defeated.
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

In my opinion Basketball is much more exciting to watch than Soccer, that's why Basketball is more popular in the Philippines than Soccer.

CONGRATULATION TO TEAM LEBANON they deserve the win.

Good luck to your next game against nigeria.

Congrats to Lebanon for their victory.

Wink

Congratulations to Lebanon! The Asians can!

Good luck to all Asian Teams. Let's show the world what we are capable of.

go Lebanon GO.

congrats to lebanon, they deserve it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast