Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Lebanon writes their second victory in World Champs history

  1. #1

    Default Lebanon writes their second victory in World Champs history

    History was made
    lebanon won over france
    what a game!!!!!


    mabrookkk to all the lebanese!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member marko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    new rawda, lebanon
    Posts
    426

    Thumbs up Lebanon 74 - 73 france

    i still cant beleive it ...

    we started the game close to france i thought we will continue 1 quarter like this

    half time was 13 points for us .. i still thought france will still comeback and win us in second half

    in 3rd quarter france played physically with us .. they came back but we still had alwayz 3 or 4 point lead ...

    also in 4th quarter france were missing shots but still managed to get up on us by 1 point with 40 seconds left

    here joe vogel scored fo rlebanon a basket with a foul .. so lebanon is up by 2

    boris diaw took a fould with 6seconds left ... he scored 1 andmissed 1 but gor the offensive board ..

    with 1 seconds left lebanon was up by 1 france took a buzzer beater mid distance shot and missed it ...

    oh yehhh we won

    i still cant beleive it ... lebanese people here have gone crazy .... this is history to us .. we won over venezuela and france

    and if we win tomorow well be 2nd after argentina


    this is incredible ....

    sorry excuse me if i talked a lot but my country is in war and look what our NT is doing in japan ... this is pride to us

    we deserve vredit

  3. #3
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Congrats to Lebanon, they've deserved this victory.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,392
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Sincere congratulations!!!! Never expected it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ATHENS
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Great Great Win!!!!! Congratulations Lebanon.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rchos7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    athens
    Posts
    807

    Default

    well done lebanon!great win!
    http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
    Live your life with basketball

    P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Holy crap! Congrats to Lebanon!

    I wish I would have seen this game - It must've been exciting.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Arik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,484

    Thumbs up

    74 : 73 for Lebanon. Respect!
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005


  9. #9

    Default

    what a win!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member PHILIPeurobasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wloclawek -> Poland
    Posts
    6,521
    Country: Poland

    Default

    CONGRATULATIONS guys Great game and great won for your country !!!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Did France already qualify for the 2nd round, or do they still need to win another game to advance? Anyone know?

  12. #12
    Senior Member bobo81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Casaeros
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    When I saw this I couldnt believe it...Wow, great win guys. Im sure the French media will bash the team now!
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

  13. #13
    Junior Member TD21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default

    yesssssssss we wonnnnnnnnn

    mabrouk to all the lebanese






  14. #14
    Senior Member Civilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Wonderful job, Lebanon! I hope this victory lifts the people's spirits and contributes to the future basketball mania in Lebanon! Victories like this gives a boost to the popularity of sports!

    Can someone tell me the likely final standings in Group A if Lebanon defeats Nigeria? Meaning the positions of all 4 top teams?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Civilis
    Wonderful job, Lebanon! I hope this victory lifts the people's spirits and contributes to the future basketball mania in Lebanon! Victories like this gives a boost to the popularity of sports!

    Can someone tell me the likely final standings in Group A if Lebanon defeats Venezuela? Meaning the positions of all 4 top teams?
    if lebanon defeats nigeria u mean???


    if argentina won over serbia the final standing will be


    argentina
    lebanon
    france
    serbia
    venezuella
    nigeria



    if argentina lost


    argentina
    serbia
    lebanon
    france
    venezuella
    nigeria

    if nigeria and argentina win
    argentina
    france
    nigeria
    serbia
    lebanon venezuella

  16. #16
    Senior Member Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko
    i still cant beleive it ...

    we started the game close to france i thought we will continue 1 quarter like this

    half time was 13 points for us .. i still thought france will still comeback and win us in second half

    in 3rd quarter france played physically with us .. they came back but we still had alwayz 3 or 4 point lead ...

    also in 4th quarter france were missing shots but still managed to get up on us by 1 point with 40 seconds left

    here joe vogel scored fo rlebanon a basket with a foul .. so lebanon is up by 2

    boris diaw took a fould with 6seconds left ... he scored 1 andmissed 1 but gor the offensive board ..

    with 1 seconds left lebanon was up by 1 france took a buzzer beater mid distance shot and missed it ...

    oh yehhh we won

    i still cant beleive it ... lebanese people here have gone crazy .... this is history to us .. we won over venezuela and france

    and if we win tomorow well be 2nd after argentina


    this is incredible ....

    sorry excuse me if i talked a lot but my country is in war and look what our NT is doing in japan ... this is pride to us

    we deserve vredit
    Congratulations, I am very happy Lebanon won.

  17. #17
    Senior Member PHILIPeurobasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wloclawek -> Poland
    Posts
    6,521
    Country: Poland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyKRo
    Did France already qualify for the 2nd round, or do they still need to win another game to advance? Anyone know?
    If they will win tommorow, they will have 2nde place in group after Argentina !!!

  18. #18

    Default

    I Am Soo Proud Of This Guyssssss


    Go Lebanon

    We Won Over France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Wedid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member Civilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    524

    Default

    yes, Nigeria, I've just corrected, sorry

    So we will all be cheering for Argentina in their game against Serbia

    I also wish that Serbia meets Spain 1/8 so that they become more tired for the match vs. Lithuania

    PS would you still have any chance to qualify if you lose to Nigeria at least by one point?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Civilis
    yes, Nigeria, I've just corrected, sorry

    So we will all be cheering for Argentina in their game against Serbia

    I also wish that Serbia meets Spain 1/8 so that they become more tired for the match vs. Lithuania

    PS would you still have any chance to qualify if you lose to Nigeria at least by one point?
    lol goo lithuania
    yeah if we lose we got a small chance and its that france lose to venezuella

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •