Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Afrobasket 2011

Angola, Madagascar, Tunisia (!?) and Morocco are interested to jump in, if the Ivory Coast fails to a) build a 8.000 seat stadium and b) a secure and stable situation within the country.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Default Tanzanian National Team for Afrobasket 2011 Zone V

Men's National Team Players:

Gerald Baru (Oilers)
    Lusajo Samweli (Oilers)
    Gilbert Batungi (ABC)
    Dogo Nyambura (ABC)
    Juma Kisoky (ABC)
    Mohamedy Yusuph (Chang'ombe United)
    George Tarimo (Savio)
    Jije Makani (Savio)
    Musa Chacha (Savio)
    Andrew Ikungura (Pazi)
    Denis Chibula (Pazi)
    Francis Mlewa (JKT)
    Adam Jegame (JKT)
    Frank Kusiga (JKT)
    Mohamedy Makani (Chang'ombe United)
    Mohamedy Ally (Chang'ombe United)
    Alpha Kisusi (Vijana City Bulls)
    Mwalimu Kheri (Vijana City Bulls)
    Sudi Abdurazak (Vijana City Bulls)
    Robert Edward (Soweto Arusha)
    Chelu Simion (Heats Mwanza)
    Benedictor Mwangara (Chui)

Women's National Team Players:

Lucy Agustino (Jeshi Stars)
    Nipael Kessy (Jeshi Stars)
    Faraja Malaki (Jeshi Stars)
    Jabu Shabani (Jeshi Stars)
    Jackline Shemeza (Jeshi Stars)
    Annomisiata Antony (Jeshi Stars)
    Evodia Kazinja (JKT Stars)
    Doritha Mbunda (JKT Stars)
    Elizabeth Masenyi (JKT Stars)
    Sekela Domonic (JKT Stars)
    Revina Julius (JKT Stars)
    Nelly Anyengisye (JKT Stars)
    Nyilabu Maximillian (JKT Stars)
    Tukusubila David (Vijana Queens)
    Zakia Kondo (Don Bosco Lady Lioness)
    Nina Mliga (Don Bosco Lady Lioness)

The overall cost for participation for Afrobasket is worth Sh40 Million according to the Tanzanian Basketball Federation.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Men's National Team Players:
    No Thabeet again I see...
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    No Thabeet again I see...
    I remember a certain thread here. Maybe Thabeet was not interested in the first place.
    Sacramento Kings

Default Afrobasket men 2011: Côte d'Ivoire still at the helm

Moise Kore, president of the Ivorian Basketball Federation insisted that the Ivory Coast has not lost the hosting rights for Afrobasket 2011 which is scheduled in August 2011.

It is said on the article:

Afrobasket men 2011: Côte d'Ivoire still at the helm
    Côte d'Ivoire remains the host of the male Afrobasket 2011. This assurance was given by Moise Kore, president of the Ivorian Basketball Federation (Fibbi) last Saturday at a news conference.

Some languages are quick to rush into the tabloids announcing the withdrawal of Côte d'Ivoire from the organization of Afrobasket 2011 scheduled to be held in August. "We were not withdrawn. I talked with the secretary general of FIBA Africa on the phone. He and his staff are for maintaining the competition in Côte d'Ivoire. Given the country's current situation, we were given time to discuss with authorities how this will be a reality, "replied bluntly the President of the Ivorian basketball Federation, Moise Kore. It was during a press conference for this purpose at the headquarters of the Fibbi Saturday, January 29. Continuing in his oratory, Moise Kore, has even reassured the audience that the Fibbi has the full support of government authorities. Including the Minister of Sports, Franck Guei, who according to the head of the ball of the basket in Côte d'Ivoire is ostensibly committed to do everything possible to the actual organization of the competition.

"Currently he (Editor's note: the minister) is in discussion with his fellow minister of finance to start the rehabilitation of the Sports Palace. And at our level, we are currently reviewing our project so we can be in time and allow competition to be held in Abidjan. We have until February 15 to meet with our authorities and go see the FIBA Africa to say whether or not the organization of Afrobasket is still possible in our country, "said President of Fibbi. According to him, after the failure of the first plan due to the post-election crisis, the Ivorian governing body of basketball has resorted to a plan B to allow delivery of infrastructure within the allotted time.

This is the rehabilitation of the Sports Palace in Treichville and construction of an adjoining room.

It should be noted that during the evaluation meeting with FIBA Africa in Bamako, Mali, on January 23, the special envoy of Fibbi, Florent Bah, gave assurances that Côte d'Ivoire had still the possibility of organizing the African Nations Championship.

This, after taking the stock of steps already taken underpinned by documents relating to the statement made by the Cabinet to demonstrate the effective support of the Ivorian authorities. Following the intervention of Florent Bah, some members of FIBA Africa waved the thorny issue inherent to the current situation of the country. "In fact, they wanted to politicize the debate. And the President of FIBA Africa said vehemently that it was out of question to introduce political issues into basket. Security issues were left aside.

The case of Côte d'Ivoire is not isolated as Somalia and Angola have hosted the competition as they were at war, "instructed Moise Kore.
    -starafrica
    Sacramento Kings

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    I remember a certain thread here. Maybe Thabeet was not interested in the first place.
    Thabeet plays in the NBA and wont be available for tournaments during the season. Also, the TBF won't be able to pay flights as well as insurances for him. Unless he pays everything out of his pocket, he wont suit up for the national-tream anytime soon.

I from Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Thabeet plays in the NBA and wont be available for tournaments during the season. Also, the TBF won't be able to pay flights as well as insurances for him. Unless he pays everything out of his pocket, he wont suit up for the national-tream anytime soon.
    Many thanks for sharing the contributing factors that are detrimental to Thabeet's participation with the team.
    Sacramento Kings

Default Ugandan Men's National Team

Today, Uganda has announced the National Team for the Fiba Africa Zone V Nations Championship.

B. Komakech
    J. Enabu
    I. Enabu
    J. Ikong
    E. Malinga
    B. Okello
    S. Omony
    N. Blick
    I. Afidra
    B. Ssentogo
    R. Mubiru
    E. Kateregga

Emmanuel Enabu, the reigning rookie of the year was not chosen to join his brothers on the squad. Also Philip Wakimwero did not made the grade.
    Sacramento Kings

Egypt is still trying to convince FIBA to postpone (again) the zone V qualifiers due to the riots in the country, but from I was able to gather, the tournament will take place 7th-12th of February in Kigali (Rwanda)
    http://www.fiba-afrique.org/index.ph...mid=26&lang=en

The hosts are flying in Kenny Wilson "Gasana" from Texas altogether with a new recruit named Joseph Works as their club-team Texas Fuel reports on www.usbasket.com:
    "THE FUEL OTHER ALLSTAR KENNY WILSON AND ALSO SMALL FORWARD JOSEPH WORKS WILL RETURN LATE FEBUARY ON LEAVING TO GO PLAY IN AFRICA."
    "Mathieu" Matt Miller should be there too, lets see if Robert Thomson is also included.

I from Wisconsin!

Default Egypt withdraws from Zone V Championships

Defending Zone V Champions, Egypt has withdrawn from the competition due to Political Unrest in the country and the non-postponement of the Zone V competitions to run in February 7-12, 2011.

Zone V (Men's) teams:

Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.

Tanzania has withdrawn from the men's competition, but the Tanzanian Women's team will proceed to compete.
    Sacramento Kings

Egypt is already qualified and there is no need for a second postponement of the tournament. I see Rwanda coming first while Uganda and Kenya are battling out the second qualifier for the African Champs.

I from Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    He's a millionaire he can afford insurance.... Also there's nothing going on in August.... But I guess you do what your team tells you to do when you don't get any play time. Sad.
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    He's a millionaire he can afford insurance.... Also there's nothing going on in August.... But I guess you do what your team tells you to do when you don't get any play time. Sad.
    It was more about the qualifiers who just started...and without him, Tanzania is weak compared to Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya.

I from Wisconsin!

Say hello to Qatar II (Imports in bold)

Rwanda men’s team:

Andrew Francis (APR), Aboubacar Barame (APR), Darrius Brannon (Houston Blaze), Edwin Mbanda (CSK), Kenny Gasana (AS Sale & NH Ostrava), Jean Louis Habineza (Espoir), Joshua Tarver (Oregon State University), Kami Kabange (APR), Mathew Miller (APR), Aristide Mugabe (CSK), Fiston Muhire (KBC), Olivier Muhizi (NUR), Karim Nkusi (Falcons-Uganda), Hamza Ruhezamihigo (Concordia University) and Thomson Robert Stanley (KLUJ).

I from Wisconsin!

Default Tanzania

Today, Tanzania had announced that the Men's team will depart for Kigali Rwanda for the Zone V championships despite insufficient funds.

Tanzania National Team:

Gerald Baru
    Lusajo Samweli
    Gilbert Batungi
    Mohamedy Yusuph
    George Tarimo
    Jije Makani
    Andrew Ikungura
    Francis Mlewa
    Adam Jegame
    Frank Kusiga
    Mohamedy Ally
    Alpha Kisusi.
    Sacramento Kings

Rwandan News:

"Darius Brannon from Houston Blaze (USA), Edwin Mbanda from CSK (Rwanda), Kenny Gasana from NH Ostrava(USA) Joshua Tarver from Oregon State University (USA) and Andrew Francis from APR(Rwanda) didn’t get the green light to play for Rwanda in the opening match.

“I don’t know if FIBA will allow them to play other matches of the competition but we will wait and see, it’s up to the federation to look for their papers” Disclosed Veceslav after the match."

Edwin Mbanda is a 6-8 center from the US (Eastern University)
    Darrius Brannon is a 6-8 forward from Texas (Univ. of Houston)
    Kenny "Gasana" Wilson is also from Texas and known for his scoring in the last African Championships.
    Josh Tarver is a 6-3 guard from Sacramento (Oregon State)
    Andrew Francis is a 6-8 forward from Texas (Univ. of Houston and UTSA).

Other imports include Matt Miller and Stanley Thomson as well as Kami Kabange.

I from Wisconsin!

Banned

Togolese star jimmy williams
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Default info

mojado thanks for the info..... majado you seem to know alot about basket in africa i have 2 questions like to know wat u think. who are the top guards in africa even add the ones that were givin pass ports, also who are some sleeper players in africa. and best player in africa.

ps rwanda r cheaters

mojado thanks bro...

Rwanda didn't give their new imports fake names? Were their imported women's players allowed to play?

I think Edwin Mbanda is actually from Rwanda.

It didn't matter in the opening round:

Rwanda 98-60 Burundi
    Kenya 76-61 Uganda
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Looks like most of the imports (namely Andrew Francis, Kenny Wilson, Edwin Mbanda and Josh Tarver) of Rwanda wont play at all, as Rwanda continued to win without them the third time in a row. So it will be either Kenya or Burundi that will follow the hosts to the African Champs.

I from Wisconsin!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast