This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
    If Nigeria would spend more time together as a team, they could conquer Afrobasket. But their team always comes together very late and they don't get much time to prepare. That's a shame because they could have the most talented roster.
    Your right bro Nigerians has a lot of talent however they are not form properly
    by their federation
    sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Could the Congo be a team on the rise in Africa, with players like Ibaka and Eyenga in the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ View Post
        Could the Congo be a team on the rise in Africa, with players like Ibaka and Eyenga in the NBA?
        Well for Ibaka looks like he's much more inclined to play for Spain.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ View Post
          They are not form the same Congo, Eyenga is from DR Congo and Ibaka belong to Congo Brazaville.

Comment

Ibaka played for the Republic of Congo's junior-national team 2006 in the African Champs in South Africa, so Spain needs to bribe their federation to make him available for their senior's national team.
            Eyenga is not from the same country as Ibaka. A lot of people getting confused with "Congo".
            There are two nations.
            Republic of Congo (Brazzaville) and Democratic Rep. of Congo.

Eyenga is from the Dem Rep of Congo like Mutombo, Didier Mbenga (who opted to play for Belgium), Wenbos Mukubu (Italy),Boris Meno (France), Moses Ehambe (Spain) Kabeya Kabongo (St.Peters USA), Menji Mundadi (Lithuania), Luse Mundadi (Robert Morris,USA),Mohamed Ntumba (Southern Indiana,USA), Mutombo Yombo (Brewton-Parker,USA) Gege Kizunbanata (Tunisia) and Freddy Mali (Yemen).

Congo-Brazzavile has Ibaka, Herve Assoua (Morocco),Max Kougere (France - But he opted to play for the Central African Republic), Giovan Oniangue (France), Tanguy Ngombo (Qatar - Plays for Qatar instead) and Nobel Boungou-Colo (France).

I from Wisconsin!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

ZONE I: MAROC, TUNISIA
              ZONE II : SENEGAL, MALI
              ZONE III : NIGERIA, TOGO, COTE D’IVOIRE
              ZONE IV : CENTRAFRIQUE, TCHAD
              ZONE V: RWANDA, KENYA
              ZONE VI: MOZAMBIQUE, SOUTH AFRICA
              ZONE VII: ?? Madagascar, Maurice, Comores, Djibouti and Seychelles...

Champs: Angola

Not Qualified: Cape Verde,DR of Congo, Congo-Brazzaville, Libya and Algeria
              Last edited by Mojado; 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Coverage of the Zone VI qualifiers here:
                Help the South African basketball community grow by connecting basketball players and fans around Africa and the world. It's not just a game! #Mybasketball
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

togo

how is togo national team? i heard they quilfied and have a great player jimmy will . i see his youtube looks good- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4oB2qd-gA i need more info on him maybe i ca place him next year for big money since hes in libya now.

Comment

Originally posted by bballscout2004 View Post
                    how is togo national team? i heard they quilfied and have a great player jimmy will . i see his youtube looks good- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4oB2qd-gA i need more info on him maybe i ca place him next year for big money since hes in libya now.

Seems like was brought in to play for Togo but is not really from the country.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

togo

yes i found out his father is from togo and his mom is american. togo national is on the rise. i seen som film from the zone 3 qulifiers they looked good and jimmy lead them well as a point guard 12.0ppg 6.3rpg 5.0apg in the qulifiers.

i got a question do you know how many team can qulify out of the african championship

Comment

Originally posted by bballscout2004 View Post
                        yes i found out his father is from togo and his mom is american. togo national is on the rise. i seen som film from the zone 3 qulifiers they looked good and jimmy lead them well as a point guard 12.0ppg 6.3rpg 5.0apg in the qulifiers.

i got a question do you know how many team can qulify out of the african championship
                        I heavily doubt that his dad from Togo. However, every country can include one player that is not originally from the country, so I hope he can make some money over in Africa, wherever he plays. Good luck to him, he is a good guy.

16 teams in total. host+champion and places 2-4 from last African Champs are automatically qualified.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

thank you for the info. only 1 team can quilfy for the olimpics or is it 3 now.

Comment

as of right now, 1
                            My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                            1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                            1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                            1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                            1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                            1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                            1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                            1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

I'll be rooting for Côte d’Ivoire (I think they can beat Angola based on what I saw in 2010... but I admit I don't know much about Afrobasket).

Imagine if Africa can get all the "expats" or foreign-born guys to their NTs, they have the potential to be really competitive.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Tanzania and Uganda are having financial troubles so they may or may not appear in Rwanda for the Zone V qualifiers. I don't see Somalia, Eritrea and Sudan coming to this tournament, so this could leave the qualifier with Rwanda, Egypt and Burundi battling for two spots.

Also, I doubt that the Afrobasket will be in the Ivory Coast, due to the war there.

It could be, that countries like Cape Verde, Algeria and even Benin could join the field of sixteen if Madagascar fails again to send a team.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information