This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    I remember a certain thread here. Maybe Thabeet was not interested in the first place.
    Thabeet plays in the NBA and wont be available for tournaments during the season. Also, the TBF won't be able to pay flights as well as insurances for him. Unless he pays everything out of his pocket, he wont suit up for the national-tream anytime soon.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
      Thabeet plays in the NBA and wont be available for tournaments during the season. Also, the TBF won't be able to pay flights as well as insurances for him. Unless he pays everything out of his pocket, he wont suit up for the national-tream anytime soon.
      Many thanks for sharing the contributing factors that are detrimental to Thabeet's participation with the team.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Ugandan Men's National Team

Today, Uganda has announced the National Team for the Fiba Africa Zone V Nations Championship.

B. Komakech
        J. Enabu
        I. Enabu
        J. Ikong
        E. Malinga
        B. Okello
        S. Omony
        N. Blick
        I. Afidra
        B. Ssentogo
        R. Mubiru
        E. Kateregga

Emmanuel Enabu, the reigning rookie of the year was not chosen to join his brothers on the squad. Also Philip Wakimwero did not made the grade.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Egypt is still trying to convince FIBA to postpone (again) the zone V qualifiers due to the riots in the country, but from I was able to gather, the tournament will take place 7th-12th of February in Kigali (Rwanda)

The hosts are flying in Kenny Wilson "Gasana" from Texas altogether with a new recruit named Joseph Works as their club-team Texas Fuel reports on www.usbasket.com:
          "THE FUEL OTHER ALLSTAR KENNY WILSON AND ALSO SMALL FORWARD JOSEPH WORKS WILL RETURN LATE FEBUARY ON LEAVING TO GO PLAY IN AFRICA."
          "Mathieu" Matt Miller should be there too, lets see if Robert Thomson is also included.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Egypt withdraws from Zone V Championships

Defending Zone V Champions, Egypt has withdrawn from the competition due to Political Unrest in the country and the non-postponement of the Zone V competitions to run in February 7-12, 2011.

Zone V (Men's) teams:

Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.

Tanzania has withdrawn from the men's competition, but the Tanzanian Women's team will proceed to compete.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Egypt is already qualified and there is no need for a second postponement of the tournament. I see Rwanda coming first while Uganda and Kenya are battling out the second qualifier for the African Champs.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                He's a millionaire he can afford insurance.... Also there's nothing going on in August.... But I guess you do what your team tells you to do when you don't get any play time. Sad.
                aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                  He's a millionaire he can afford insurance.... Also there's nothing going on in August.... But I guess you do what your team tells you to do when you don't get any play time. Sad.
                  It was more about the qualifiers who just started...and without him, Tanzania is weak compared to Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Say hello to Qatar II (Imports in bold)

Rwanda men’s team:

Andrew Francis (APR), Aboubacar Barame (APR), Darrius Brannon (Houston Blaze), Edwin Mbanda (CSK), Kenny Gasana (AS Sale & NH Ostrava), Jean Louis Habineza (Espoir), Joshua Tarver (Oregon State University), Kami Kabange (APR), Mathew Miller (APR), Aristide Mugabe (CSK), Fiston Muhire (KBC), Olivier Muhizi (NUR), Karim Nkusi (Falcons-Uganda), Hamza Ruhezamihigo (Concordia University) and Thomson Robert Stanley (KLUJ).

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Tanzania

Today, Tanzania had announced that the Men's team will depart for Kigali Rwanda for the Zone V championships despite insufficient funds.

Tanzania National Team:

Gerald Baru
                      Lusajo Samweli
                      Gilbert Batungi
                      Mohamedy Yusuph
                      George Tarimo
                      Jije Makani
                      Andrew Ikungura
                      Francis Mlewa
                      Adam Jegame
                      Frank Kusiga
                      Mohamedy Ally
                      Alpha Kisusi.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Rwandan News:

"Darius Brannon from Houston Blaze (USA), Edwin Mbanda from CSK (Rwanda), Kenny Gasana from NH Ostrava(USA) Joshua Tarver from Oregon State University (USA) and Andrew Francis from APR(Rwanda) didn’t get the green light to play for Rwanda in the opening match.

“I don’t know if FIBA will allow them to play other matches of the competition but we will wait and see, it’s up to the federation to look for their papers” Disclosed Veceslav after the match."

Edwin Mbanda is a 6-8 center from the US (Eastern University)
                        Darrius Brannon is a 6-8 forward from Texas (Univ. of Houston)
                        Kenny "Gasana" Wilson is also from Texas and known for his scoring in the last African Championships.
                        Josh Tarver is a 6-3 guard from Sacramento (Oregon State)
                        Andrew Francis is a 6-8 forward from Texas (Univ. of Houston and UTSA).

Other imports include Matt Miller and Stanley Thomson as well as Kami Kabange.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Togolese star jimmy williams
                          Attached Files

Comment

info

mojado thanks for the info..... majado you seem to know alot about basket in africa i have 2 questions like to know wat u think. who are the top guards in africa even add the ones that were givin pass ports, also who are some sleeper players in africa. and best player in africa.

ps rwanda r cheaters

mojado thanks bro...

Comment

Rwanda didn't give their new imports fake names? Were their imported women's players allowed to play?

I think Edwin Mbanda is actually from Rwanda.

It didn't matter in the opening round:

Rwanda 98-60 Burundi
                              Kenya 76-61 Uganda
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Looks like most of the imports (namely Andrew Francis, Kenny Wilson, Edwin Mbanda and Josh Tarver) of Rwanda wont play at all, as Rwanda continued to win without them the third time in a row. So it will be either Kenya or Burundi that will follow the hosts to the African Champs.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information