Omitting Philippines section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omitting Philippines section

Can't there be a code created to exclude the result from Philippines section in New Posts?

New posts button is the most essential functionality of the forum, but honestly when you login once a day you then have to browse through 4-6 pages to find rare non-Philippines section threads that interest you.

Of course I'm happy that basketball is such a big deal in Philippines, but I don't want Philippines basketball being such a big deal for me. I don't give a damn about 15 threads that refer to Gilas whatever and such.

And now they even have their own OT section? I've never seen a Europe OT section or a Balkan OT section and users from these regions are many.

IBN = International Basketball Network of Filipino Basketball Network?
    THE ONLY MAROUSSI FAN ON IBN+robbe
    Aris: check, Alba: check, Roma: check, Olimpija: check, Maccabi: check, CSKA: damn you Khryapa, Panathinaikos: check, Olympiacos: check, Partizan: check
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    A chuck fest combined with wwf-style defense which Robbe might have appreciated.

Originally posted by Prometheus on fire View Post
    Can't there be a code created to exclude the result from Philippines section in New Posts?

New posts button is the most essential functionality of the forum, but honestly when you login once a day you then have to browse through 4-6 pages to find rare non-Philippines section threads that interest you.

Of course I'm happy that basketball is such a big deal in Philippines, but I don't want Philippines basketball being such a big deal for me. I don't give a damn about 15 threads that refer to Gilas whatever and such.

And now they even have their own OT section? I've never seen a Europe OT section or a Balkan OT section and users from these regions are many.

racist..

Comment

@TS:

I pity you. Instead of ranting, why don't you just go learn to use your computer and the internet?
      Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

sir there are so many ways on how to use internet
        TEAM PILIPINAS!

www.myspace.com/fivefeetadjustment

www.facebook.com/fivefeetadjustment

Comment

hey! just go tell your mother about this. go create your own site and make this restrictions.

Comment

idiot.

Comment

This isn't the first time somebody wanted the posts from the Philippines section to be removed from new posts. See this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus on fire View Post

i dont find his post as racict or him being an idiot. .i think we just need to respect his post.. .shall we??

Comment

Just respect his opinion...I think what he is saying is that when he wants to see new posts, he does not like the fact that there are so many Philippine-specialized forums and repeat threads. I do see his side...maybe we can sort new psts or something so its easier to look for new posts we are intersted in...idk im thinking out loud. But do not bash this member. I think its good that we can share our opinions on how this forum could work better or more efficiently. I also respect this poster because he shared an honest opinion in a nice manner...there were no swears or bashing of members, just the multitude of topics.

Prometheus on fire- the reason I think there are sperate filipino forums is because of the high volume...i am sure they took up a lot of room in the asian forums and they had to make a new philippines forum so we could see other asian threads.
                  My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                  1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                  1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                  1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                  1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                  1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                  1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                  1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

I see no problem with the new posts page. It is exactly what it is supposed to be, a true in order tally of the latest active threads on interbasket. I've never actually clicked on it until reading this thread, I clicked expecting to see like 50 pages..lol it was just 2 pages.wow what a big chore to sift through. (a quick scroll down on main forum page will bring you to any latest thread) Omit Philippines section? What is this the playground where kid does not like how the game is going, so he takes the ball and goes home? How is that fair to people who are interested in Philippines or are not bothered by their high volume posts. That goes against Interbasket's inclusive theme Sarcastically calling this web site the 'International Basketball Network of Filipino Basketball Networkt' is not fair when you consider the fact hat a host of other countries get a great deal of spotlight including front page blog stories. I think Interbasket need not mess with codes because of the personal tastes of some posters.

(interesting enough, one is 'happy' about Filipino Basket popularity, but does not want to sift through two pages of thread post. Hardly a big price to pay for evolution of world basket. I guess these people will really trip when sites like these begin to be populated with African basket fans 10 years from now. )
                    http://BuckeyeBallers.Blogspot.com

Comment

I logged in this morning. Four pages, in the first page 11/15 threads were Filipino.

If this is not an issue which needs sorting out then it is clear that the forum is discriminating against non-Filipinos.
                      Aris: check, Alba: check, Roma: check, Olimpija: check, Maccabi: check, CSKA: damn you Khryapa, Panathinaikos: check, Olympiacos: check, Partizan: check
                      A chuck fest combined with wwf-style defense which Robbe might have appreciated.

Comment

well if you think this thread cluttered w/ Filipino topics then post more threads here that is something related to basketball in your country. This might put a balance between our topics and the rest of world
                        you know why I am happy

Comment

You don't want to see Philippine threads simply overlook them Or read some, they're fun to read as well. If you say some Filipinos spam a bit, I won't say they don't.
                          There's nothing that can be done, that's the truth.
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
                            well if you think this thread cluttered w/ Filipino topics then post more threads here that is something related to basketball in your country. This might put a balance between our topics and the rest of world
                            Good idea, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information