No announcement yet.

Puerto Rico NT 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our team sucks ass, i just realized that today, i should jump from a cliff.

Comment

el water me la esta pelando.

the water is peeling it...

Comment

Is the Federation planning on leaving Peavy behind and trying to bring huertas along?

I still pick my team, although i read a nasty rumor that they want to include narvaez in the final team, any truth to that?

Comment

R_Balkman32: ALL I DO IS WIN WIN WIN

RENALDO BALKMAN, the patriot!

first part of the game:

THE BEST OF THE GAME RENALDO BALKMAN CON 14 PTS, 16 REB, 3 STEALS, 3 ASIS, 4 BLOCKS
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Nice to see Balkman playing so well. When he first tried out for Team PR, I was thinking that he would end up as a minor player on the bench. Looks like I was wrong. Of course, we'll see how he does in Turkey where the competition is a lot tougher.
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Puerto Rico 92 China 76 @World Basketball Festival Basketball showcase.

Carlos Arroyo had 16 points and 9 assists while Jose Juan Barea had 12 points and 10 assists.

Click here for the statistics sheet.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Larry Ayuso and Christian Dalmau just quit the NT before flying to Germany for the Friendlies. Guillermo Diaz and David Huertas rumored to replace them. Ayuso is suspended for 1 year from all FIBA competition. Rumor has it that he was adamant about starting and getting more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79 View Post
                  Larry Ayuso and Christian Dalmau just quit the NT before flying to Germany for the Friendlies. Guillermo Diaz and David Huertas rumored to replace them. Ayuso is suspended for 1 year from all FIBA competition. Rumor has it that he was adamant about starting and getting more minutes.
                  I could care less if Dalmau leaves, I really wanted David Huertas in the team but I really wanted Ayuso to come from the bench and score some 3s, but well he has helped this team for years always giving his best for Puerto Rico. I hope Guillermo Diaz and David Huertas do the same for us.

Comment

The Puerto Rican Basketball Federation announced that Guillermo Diaz and David Huertas will replace Larry Ayuso and Christian Dalmau in the Puerto Rican national team that will play in the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

It's unfortunate that we won't have Ayuso. Manolo Cintron seems to alienate a lot of his players and this kind of thing only hurts the team. All of a sudden Puerto Rico is not such a great 3-point shooting team.

Think about it, Barea and Arroyo don't shoot them for high percentages. Carmelo Lee and Ricky Sanchez have to be wide open and need lots of time. The international game does have some of that, and when Ayuso got a good look he was automatic.

The guys coming off the bench, Vasallo, Diaz, Rivera are inconistent from out there as well. With all of the single elimination games in this tournament, one lackluster or poorly played game, and you lose. Having 3-point shooting means that you might win a game you don't play so well. Now, they have to play more consistent as a team, and we all know how Puerto Rico can play lousy for long stretches.

Comment

Ayuso absent will hurt a little...here's to hoping el tipo g-mo comes up gunning.
                        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

team is looking good... great defensive performance so far in the worlds...
                          future looking bright for us...
                          Arroyo, Barea, Fili
                          Vassallo, Huertas
                          Galindo, Ubiles
                          Sanchez, Peavy, Balkman
                          Ramos, JB Diaz
                          sigpic

Comment

As I stated on this forum before: PR always underperforms when playing not in the Americas. I watched them in 2008 in Athens, in 2009 in San Juan and now in Turkey. They are doing great in the Caribbean, they are playing badly away with no fan support. Sorry for that, as I like their streetball-style.

I from Wisconsin!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                              team is looking good... great defensive performance so far in the worlds...
                              future looking bright for us...
                              Arroyo, Barea, Fili
                              Vassallo, Huertas
                              Galindo, Ubiles
                              Sanchez, Peavy, Balkman
                              Ramos, JB Diaz
                              Filiberto Riveras is nothing compared to Ayuso IMO. He may be younger and more athletic but I don't think he is on par with the great guard tradition that PR has.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Someone asked about Raymond Dalmau and his sons, specifically how good a player was daddy..Raymond Dalmau? My name is jose santos and i played for the guaynabo mets on the 1982 championship team. Raymond was a great player and one of the best players in Puerto rico histiory. part of the Quebradillas Piratas dynasty of 3 championships in a row 77-79. Some one asked about his "game" so here it is...Raymond Dalmau was a killer, assassin and a competitor with enormous pride in his game. Ray could do it all, handle, shoot defend and more athletic than people gave him credit for. His Mid-range game was CRAZY! Beautiful jumper, high release above his head and deadly accurate and CLUTCH!! Strong in the post and always battled on the boards..easy double double guy every night. scored from all angles and could dunk it in your face id you slept on him. This was raymond dalmau and it was a pleasure to battle against him, Manny Figueroa and Cesar Fantauzzi, this was a legendary front line and they have my respect. Sincerely...Jose santos.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information