Marciulionis nominated for HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marciulionis nominated for HOF

Finalists will be announced in a few weeks, but he's in the running.......and very deservedly. I hope he gets inducted. If he doesn't this time, he will eventually.

Link to article.

Congratulations, Sarunas!!!!

Janis

That's great news, congratulations Šarūnas!

Comment

it was about time
      great player
      1st in IBN 2018-2019
      2nd in IBN 2016-2017
      2nd in IBN 2015-2016
      1st in IBN 2014-2015
      2nd in IBN 2013-2014
      2nd in IBN 2012-2013
      2nd in IBN 2010-2011
      3nd in IBN 2009-2010
      1st in IBN 2008-2009
      2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
      https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
      @RankingsSport

Comment

Congrats. This guy was a beast. His kind of players is under extinction in Europe. As Nelson put it, he was one of the most physically strongest guards in NBA before major injuries. Currently there are simply no players like Marčiulionis in Europe.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The last time I saw Šarūnas Marčiulionis play live was during the twilight of his playing career late in the 1996-97 season when he was with the Denver Nuggets. I had a very good ticket to see the Nuggets play the Raptors here in Toronto.

Šarūnas saw very little if any court time during the first half. It was Antonio McDyess who topped the score sheet for the Nuggets that day. He was white hot and was just hitting everything from all over the court.

Šarūnas came on at PG for the Nuggets during the third quarter. On perhaps the Nuggets' first possession after Šarūnas entry into the game, he tried to drive down the lane from the top of the key. The Raptors' quickly collapsed on him closing down the lane. You could almost hear them thinking "No way any European with some unpronounceable name is going to drive on us, uh uh!" Šarūnas though flipped the ball back to McDyess who drained an uncontested three from the top of the key. "Lucky Šarūnas spotted McDyess back there in the nick of time" I thought. "He must have eyes in the back of his head."

Three minutes later though Šarūnas did the exact same thing. He drew the Raptors' defenders to him as he drove down the middle to the basket but then dished the ball back to McDyess who had once again been left all alone at the top of the key. The result was another easy three pointer by McDyess. I grinned as I realized it had been a designed play all along to get the ball to an uncovered McDyess, the man with the hot hand. Šarūnas and his coach had cooked it up on the sidelines and the Raptors fell for it twice, hook, line and sinker!

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-20-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

A new video:

Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Congrats Marčiulionis! My all time favourite guard is hall of famer! I think that's a big day for Lith basketball.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

You know,we always hear about Sabonis and what ifs and not's ,had he been NBA player from the age of 18,20,23,25, etc..
                I do not remember, at least now,discussion here on this forum , where ,and let's make it fair, lets make it plural,where Marciulionis is the one instead.
                Bar his injuries ,and had he started playing in NBA at his tender age of 20-23? We all might hadbeen bowing to the different master.

What a fucking bad speech.He was unprepared and sweating ,shifting his body all along towards Mullin?,struggling all along.
                He knew he was out that place the minute he took microphone into his hands.
                Although.
                2 ice cubes- 3 ice cubes joke i liked.I liked it a lot. So when my wife put 4 ice cubes into her vodka tonight,i said ,wtf. The ice cubes were stuck on the top of the glass.She poured vodka on top.She missed many.I laughed. She hit me on my balls.
                And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Well I guess there are good reasons why these fellows aren't paid to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                    Well I guess there are good reasons why these fellows aren't paid to talk.

Well, unless you participate in "after dinner (celebrity) speaker " business . Which is quite a thing here in UK.
                    Any decent gathering has one ,and i am talking like military or private etc club dinner parties. 15-20 minute speech ,delivered in a confident manner ,full of anecdotes and "let me tell you a secret " tales , plus some gossips. Works like a charm... And those people do this because they need money and because it became their job after, and they do it well because it has been rehearsed times and times again.
                    And they are not that famous after all...Some county cricket or one of them rugby league ex players? That level...But boy, they do it well..
                    So, I know that perhaps there is no market for this in Lithuania ,and there might never be one ,but there is no excuse of giving a shitty speech at his biggest occasion . No rehearsal ,no written words on paper just in case (remember big Z?). And he wont get invited for after dinner speeches too after this.
                    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Wow! Look at the cool uniforms Žalgiris wore in 1987!

Last edited by Hepcat; 02-22-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

So I see that Šarūnas Marčiulionis will be standing on the Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union' list of candidates for the European Parliament. I'm just wondering what he knows about farming....

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          So I see that Šarūnas Marčiulionis will be standing on the Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union' list of candidates for the European Parliament. I'm just wondering what he knows about farming....

He was pretty good at driving
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Remember when NBA cards been huge thing for me and friends in my teen days. I bet today it's not the same when there's internet:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information