NO!! For a naturalized player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!! For a naturalized player

A message to the Lebanese Basketball Federation.

Let us stop pretending we are whom we are not. A player in the Level of Vroman, Gilles, or the likes will not help us reach the second round of the world cup, not to mention even reaching the World Cup.

Those players have nothing to do with Lebanon, they only come for the money, money which can be used to build basketball schools, money that can be used to send Lebanese youth to the NCAA to become great players.

Let us stop lying at ourselves, let us have some national dignity and pride, lets us stop relying on (mortazaka) to play for our national teams. People whom don't even know the colors of our flag.

As for Lebanese aboard, if they believe they are related to this land and want a chance to play in the world cup, then they are welcomed to play and even benefit from the bonus cash if they played well, else f**k off.

Technically speaking, without naturalized players we still have a big team, with good preparation and will we can achieve.

retarded

Comment

Originally posted by m_ajjour View Post

Let us stop pretending we are whom we are not. A player in the Level of Vroman, Gilles, or the likes will not help us reach the second round of the world cup, not to mention even reaching the World Cup.
      Huh, does the Lebanese national team pay its players?!?

Those players have nothing to do with Lebanon, they only come for the money, money which can be used to build basketball schools, money that can be used to send Lebanese youth to the NCAA to become great players.
      Lebanon pays for Lebanese players to go to college? In league play, don't teams get naturalized players to improve their team (to get more money)?

Let us stop lying at ourselves, let us have some national dignity and pride, lets us stop relying on (mortazaka) to play for our national teams. People whom don't even know the colors of our flag.
      Huh?

As for Lebanese aboard, if they believe they are related to this land and want a chance to play in the world cup, then they are welcomed to play and even benefit from the bonus cash if they played well, else f**k off.
      Again, the national team pays its players? And why are you so angry with players trying to make a living?

Technically speaking, without naturalized players we still have a big team, with good preparation and will we can achieve.
      Ok, so you don't have a problem with naturalized players on club teams? Plus, if the national team does give "bonuses" or pay their players, do naturalized players demand more (though I thought nobody gets paid to play for national teams...)?

Sorry, but I'm confused by your spiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
        Huh, does the Lebanese national team pay its players?!?

Lebanon pays for Lebanese players to go to college? In league play, don't teams get naturalized players to improve their team (to get more money)?

Huh?

Again, the national team pays its players? And why are you so angry with players trying to make a living?

Ok, so you don't have a problem with naturalized players on club teams? Plus, if the national team does give "bonuses" or pay their players, do naturalized players demand more (though I thought nobody gets paid to play for national teams...)?

Sorry, but I'm confused by your spiel.
        well in lebanon unfortunately lebanese abroad and naturalized players are getting payed huge amounts of money!
        Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

this thread in this way was not necessary at all.
          I'm not against naturalization if it comes to fill a gap,im against naturalization to create a whole team like Qatar.
          Not all the NT players do get paid,its the naturalized player and Matt Freije.

Majjour , thanks for the thread but again it wasn't necessary in this way and you know why!
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

If naturalization was so bad the Fiba would have stopped it.
            Big teams like Russia, Germany and many others have naturalized players, are we better than those teams? or do we even think that we have better basketball knowledge than they do?
            Yes those players get huge amounts, but can anyone say that Vogel was not one of the main reasons why we made it to the world cup at the first time? and one of the major reasons behind our success in Asia and against France in 2006 in a game that we all consider the best achievement in any single match we have ever had?
            Yes at a certain point this can be stopped or at least we cannot count on it, but we haven't reached that point yet, we do not have good programs, and we don't have very good Centers at the moment so why not benefit from our right and fill the gap we have?

Comment

...jackson vroman is not a good player as well as freijie
              sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                If naturalization was so bad the Fiba would have stopped it.
                Big teams like Russia, Germany and many others have naturalized players, are we better than those teams? or do we even think that we have better basketball knowledge than they do?
                Yes those players get huge amounts, but can anyone say that Vogel was not one of the main reasons why we made it to the world cup at the first time? and one of the major reasons behind our success in Asia and against France in 2006 in a game that we all consider the best achievement in any single match we have ever had?
                Yes at a certain point this can be stopped or at least we cannot count on it, but we haven't reached that point yet, we do not have good programs, and we don't have very good Centers at the moment so why not benefit from our right and fill the gap we have?
                i think in asian championship 2005 we could have qualified to the world basketball championship even without vogel ...ofcourse we have to remove qatars entire team as well since their ALL naturalized....lebanon would still beat south korea to come in 2nd or worst case korea would beat us and we,ll finish 3rd ...back than most teams were weak ...leb and qatar were more than 15pts better than korea who was around 15pts better than japan and iran was even worse than japan ...they had most of the players they have now but they were all 19 and 20 a very young team and i dont know if hamed haddadi was even playing back than i think he was but his level was still weak even worse than jaber rouzbahani ....

Comment

- Mots of the Asian and African national players get payed for playing with their national teams, some teams like even pay their players 12 month a year, this is because players here are "somewhat" poor and some of them have their own business, so the federation makes up for them for the time they spend with the national teams.

- I am not against naturalization as a concept, lets take the case of joe vogel,this guy knew Lebanon and the Lebanese people and he wanted to spend his career here, that is accepted, but to get a player who has nothing to relate with Lebanon that's what am against.

-If we had another player like joe vogel now then we should naturalize him, but we dont have.

-Related to Lebanese players aboard, lets remember Rony Seikaly, he just played a few games for Lebanon, but he played while injured, and he had to pay his team New Jersey Nets a penalty to for the games he played for Lebanon, only players with such mentality should playe for the national team.

- Now lets take a look around us, what if the wealthy KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain decided to get NBA start players to play for their national Teams, would that be fare!!
                  Last edited by m_ajjour; 01-07-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

you sounds not a lebanese bro. maybe you're the one pretending

peace
                    Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

Khatib gets paid too
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
                        i think in asian championship 2005 we could have qualified to the world basketball championship even without vogel ...ofcourse we have to remove qatars entire team as well since their ALL naturalized....lebanon would still beat south korea to come in 2nd or worst case korea would beat us and we,ll finish 3rd ...back than most teams were weak ...leb and qatar were more than 15pts better than korea who was around 15pts better than japan and iran was even worse than japan ...they had most of the players they have now but they were all 19 and 20 a very young team and i dont know if hamed haddadi was even playing back than i think he was but his level was still weak even worse than jaber rouzbahani ....
                        So you've got my point if we have removed Vogel it wasn't easy to beat the naturalized Qtarians!!

Comment

this thread should be deleted
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                            ...jackson vroman is not a good player as well as freijie
                            Yeah SURE!! Philipino Players are much better than Matt and Jackson!!!
                            I AM LEBANESE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                              So you've got my point if we have removed Vogel it wasn't easy to beat the naturalized Qtarians!!
                              no my point was if we removed vogel we could,ve beaten the teams who didnt have any naturalized players as well who is everyone except qatar ...qatar would not even be in the tournament at this point since their all naturalized ...so without vogel lebanon would not have played the WBC2002 but they would be in the 2006 ....anyway this topic should be deleted cuz it would be stupid for lebanon to remove its naturalized player as many other teams now worldwide and in asia are doing it , especially that lebanon were the 1st team to do this with vogel a decade ago

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information