German talents in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
    Filipinos here in the Forum tend to target everyone who's surname may sound Filipino and is proven to be able to hold a ball, particularly when he's above 6'0''.
    ok no need to argue bout this Standhardinger let him decide where he wants to play.. but as for you man no need for this harsh comment on pinoys... watch your word.. peace out

Comment

Harris and Gonzaga have a big game on Thursday against St. Mary's...the Gaels have replaced Patrick Mills with another Australian star in Matthew Dellavedova and feature a strong front line with (lebanese eligible?) Omar Samhan and another Aussie Ben Allen. Also two more guys from last year's Australian U19 team coming off the bench.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Lucca Staiger with a strong performance in an 83-90 loss against No. 1 ranked Texas. Lucca contributed 19 points (4/8 three's), 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

Chris Standhardinger on the other hand had a very tough time against No. 3 ranked Kansas, showing that he still has a fiew lessons to learn in a game, where favorit Kansas needed more than 30 minutes to start pulling away a little from Nebraska. Being used as PF again, the Kansas defense was still a little too much for him in the paint. Chris finished with 8 points and 2 rebounds on 2/8 shhoting inside while getting no shots at all outside this time.

Cool to see a quite a fiew fans holding up german flags in there to support Chris.

Comment

Lucca Staiger with a strong performance in an 83-90 loss against No. 1 ranked Texas. Lucca contributed 19 points (4/8 three's), 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

Chris Standhardinger on the other hand had a very tough time against No. 3 ranked Kansas, showing that he still has a fiew lessons to learn in a game, where favorit Kansas needed more than 30 minutes to start pulling away a little from Nebraska. Being used as PF again, the Kansas defense was still a little too much for him in the paint. Chris finished with 8 points and 2 rebounds on 2/8 shhoting inside while getting no shots at all outside this time.

Cool to see a quite a fiew fans holding up german flags in there to support Chris.
          Yeah is see one flag from Puerto Rico too supporting Jorge Brian Diaz.....Chris was very nervous
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Elias Harris with a fantastic performance in Gonzaga's win over St. Mary's.

Harris was the top player with 31 points, 12 rebounds and 2 steals.

Comment

Nick Schneiders with another very solid performance in a 57-60 loss against Mercer. Nick contributed 21 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist and once again 4 blocked shots.

Comment

Iowa State (Staiger) beat Nebraska (Standhardinger) 56-53.

Both players with rather quiet performances this time. Lucca Staiger still managed to contribute 7 points (2 three's) and 1 assist in 25 minutes, while Standhardinger hat trouble finding his game for the second game in a row, only playing 11 minutes while scoring 2 points.

Gonzaga once again had no trouble beating San Diego on the road with Elias Harris once again being their leading scorer with 20 while also grabbing 11 rebounds.

Comment

USC Upstate beat Kennesaw State 66-62.

Nick Schneiders with 10 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocked shots in 36 minutes.

Comment

USC Upstate beat Kennesaw State 66-62.

Nick Schneiders with 10 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocked shots in 36 minutes.
                    I am telling you, this guy is good, he need to be in the NT!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
                      I am telling you, this guy is good, he need to be in the NT!
                      Have you watched him already? His stats are quite impressive, but I haven't watched him live yet. A player with that height and such shot blocking skills as a backup behind Kaman doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Here is one upcoming high school player in the US:

Played already on the German-national team on a junior level but was never called up again once out of the country. Guess the German Basketball Federation is relying only on players on their turf. Amateurish coaches when you ask me. Get this kid for the U-18 /U-20 asap!

I from Wisconsin!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Yes - I read about Reischel before. I'm curious which college he's gonna choose. He might become a very interesting target even for the senior NT in 1-2 years.

It's not that players joining a US highschool or college are out of the picture. I'm quite sure he's still well observed, but for the junior teams, they probably rely more on players that are close by and permanently available.
                          On the college level for example, this is already a totally different story with guys like Staiger and Harris being pretty safe calls for the coming World Champs in Turkey.
                          Last edited by bsgermany; 01-18-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Have you watched him already? His stats are quite impressive, but I haven't watched him live yet. A player with that height and such shot blocking skills as a backup behind Kaman doesn't sound too bad.
                            Yes I watched him already playing versus Jorge Brian Diaz and is very very good for real, you will see it if he play in your country!

Comment

Yes - I read about Reischel before. I'm curious which college he's gonna choose. He might become a very interesting target even for the senior NT in 1-2 years.

It's not that players joining a US highschool or college are out of the picture. I'm quite sure he's still well observed, but for the junior teams, they probably rely more on players that are close by and permanently available.
                              On the college level for example, this is already a totally different story with guys like Staiger and Harris being pretty safe calls for the coming World Champs in Turkey.

Believe me when I say, that German youth coaches dont look over the ocean. Same happened with Max Groebe back then. When Fordham had Sebastian Greene, the Germans did not even knew about him at all.
                              There is no effort to put together the best team available but to put certain players together from teams where national-team coaches have friends in the coaching positions. Same old sad game...
                              I can only tell young players in Germany to move over the ocean. German youth system still sucks. Best example: Harris. He would have never made it this far if he stayed in Germany.

I from Wisconsin!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Lucca Staiger returning home: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4840845

Rumors here are that it is ALBA Berlin. If this is really true, I don't understand the move. The guy needs playing time at this point of his career, and he won't get that much in Berlin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information