No announcement yet.

German talents in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are absolutely right - he should be mentioned with solid numbers like that!

Comment

Lucca Staiger with a terrible night yesterday against no. 5 seed Duke Bluedevils. Staiger and the rest of the normally sharp shooting Cyclones couldn't hit anything against these impressive title candidates.

Saturday the first regular game of Chris Standhardinger when Nebraska travels to Texas to face Texas A&M.

Nick Schneiders and his Spartans are traveling to Nashville to play Belmont tonight. Schneiders is currently among the top shotblockers in Division I averaging 3,5 bpg. in 13 games so far this season.

Elias Harris and Gonzaga will play St. Mary's on saturday.

Comment

Schneiders was born in 1984, so he's not that young anymore..
        "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

Comment

Well, at the age of 25 he's still young enough to be interesting for the NT I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
            Schneiders was born in 1984, so he's not that young anymore..
            For a 7'3 he still young(he is senior, this is the last year in NCAA)
            Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
            16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
            Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
            8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Talking about Schneiders - USC Upstate lost to Belmont by 10 with Schneiders playing 19 minutes and contributing 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocked shots and a steal off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                Draftexpress has him as the 15th pick in next year's draft.
                Amazing what the right career choice can do for you.

In Germany, there wouldn't have been a single 1st league team offering him a starting job (which is a topic on its own). If I compare his European career to the references of other potential draftees, it is pretty obvious he'd probably never have made the draft. It's speculative he'd ever have left Germany at all.

And now he's considered 15th pick by Draftexpress ...

Comment

Standhardinger with 13 points, 7 rebounds and 1 Assist in 22 Minutes in his first regular season game for Nebraska. Quite a decent performance by Chris. I think w e will have a lot of fun watching the coming games and expect him to get more and more envolved on both ends of the floor. He could also become an interesting prospect for the german NT if he continues like that.

Comment

Elias Harris with another strong perofrmance in Gonzaga's 81-78 win over Portland. He contributed 18 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes of play.

USC Upstate lost again, but Nick Schneiders also with a strong performance with 19 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in 27 minutes.

Lucca Staiger with 10 points in 23 minutes in a narrow win against No. Dakota State.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
                      Elias Harris with another strong perofrmance in Gonzaga's 81-78 win over Portland. He contributed 18 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes of play.
                      You should add this kid to the list, he had a heck of a losing effort for Portland..

View the profile of Portland Pilots Forward Robin Smeulders on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.
                      "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                        You should add this kid to the list, he had a heck of a losing effort for Portland..

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=32584
                        He's already in the starting post now - thanks.

Comment

Robin Smeulders is born in Germany, but he is Dutch. He played for the Holland U20 National Team already in 2007 for example.
                          ----------------------------------
                          http://www.europeanprospects.com
                          Who will be the next ...?
                          News and Scouting Reports on European Youth Basketball
                          ----------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by xtf_no4 View Post
                            Robin Smeulders is born in Germany, but he is Dutch. He played for the Holland U20 National Team already in 2007 for example.
                            Which means he could still play for Germany if he and Germany wanted, but I remove him again.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
                              ...and what exactly is your post supposed to tell us now?

Noone doubts that his mother is Pinay and that he therefore has filipino roots right? Still that doesn't mean anything regarding his future preference, particularly since he already played for Germany.
                              Athletes with ambitions usually tend to go where a) the money is b) the most challenging place respectively competetive league c) best possible teammates and coaching d) best NT perspectives (World Champs, Olympics etc.).
                              Does any of that speak for the Philippines rather than Europe or the german NT in particular?

I always said anyway that he has a lot of talent, but still needs to develop and mature more. The time at Nebraska will probably do him very good. Let's wait and see how he developes there and how good he will turn out to be. If he will really turn out to be as good as we all hope, it will still be up to him (and not us) for which NT he's gonna decide to play.
                              come on man dont be to harsh on us, for the record u have a filipina wife and a daughter who is 50% filipino blood running through her veins dont you find that funny? and whats your issues man? let Standhardinger decide where he wants to play and besides even if he have played for the germans u18 you got to face it he still and will be a filipino duh?! anyone from grade school knows that and if you still got issues with pinoys try to settle it with manny pacquiao and you'll see the 3 stars and the sun in your dreams thats the filipino pride should be peace out man

Comment

Originally posted by da_dream View Post
                                come on man dont be to harsh on us, for the record u have a filipina wife and a daughter who is 50% filipino blood running through her veins dont you find that funny? and whats your issues man? let Standhardinger decide where he wants to play and besides even if he have played for the germans u18 you got to face it he still and will be a filipino duh?! anyone from grade school knows that and if you still got issues with pinoys try to settle it with manny pacquiao and you'll see the 3 stars and the sun in your dreams thats the filipino pride should be peace out man
                                I don't care if a half filipino is considered filipino or german - I only care on which NT he's gonna end up. why letting a talent go that's already in our system ever since he started playing?
                                That my daughter is half Pinay doesn't mean I don't want to see Chris play for Germany maybe at the next Euro Champs.
                                I wish the philippine team all the best and since Germany and the Philippines very likely won't play eachother often, I won't really get in trouble. Since I'm German, I naturally see Germany's interest first, just like you do with the Philippines.
                                No need to argue over this anyway, since Chris will decide himself what will be best for his career. Still I will follow up on his career and hope he's gonna remain German and continues to play for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information