Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91

Thread: German talents in the USA

  1. #21
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Talking about Schneiders - USC Upstate lost to Belmont by 10 with Schneiders playing 19 minutes and contributing 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocked shots and a steal off the bench.

  2. #22
    Senior Member robbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Draftexpress has him as the 15th pick in next year's draft.
    Amazing what the right career choice can do for you.

    In Germany, there wouldn't have been a single 1st league team offering him a starting job (which is a topic on its own). If I compare his European career to the references of other potential draftees, it is pretty obvious he'd probably never have made the draft. It's speculative he'd ever have left Germany at all.

    And now he's considered 15th pick by Draftexpress ...

  3. #23
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Standhardinger with 13 points, 7 rebounds and 1 Assist in 22 Minutes in his first regular season game for Nebraska. Quite a decent performance by Chris. I think w e will have a lot of fun watching the coming games and expect him to get more and more envolved on both ends of the floor. He could also become an interesting prospect for the german NT if he continues like that.

  4. #24
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Elias Harris with another strong perofrmance in Gonzaga's 81-78 win over Portland. He contributed 18 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes of play.

    USC Upstate lost again, but Nick Schneiders also with a strong performance with 19 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in 27 minutes.

    Lucca Staiger with 10 points in 23 minutes in a narrow win against No. Dakota State.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Fearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsgermany View Post
    Elias Harris with another strong perofrmance in Gonzaga's 81-78 win over Portland. He contributed 18 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes of play.
    You should add this kid to the list, he had a heck of a losing effort for Portland..

    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=32584
    "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

  6. #26
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    You should add this kid to the list, he had a heck of a losing effort for Portland..

    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=32584
    He's already in the starting post now - thanks.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Robin Smeulders is born in Germany, but he is Dutch. He played for the Holland U20 National Team already in 2007 for example.
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.europeanprospects.com
    Who will be the next ...?
    News and Scouting Reports on European Youth Basketball
    ----------------------------------

  8. #28
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtf_no4 View Post
    Robin Smeulders is born in Germany, but he is Dutch. He played for the Holland U20 National Team already in 2007 for example.
    Which means he could still play for Germany if he and Germany wanted, but I remove him again.

  9. #29
    Senior Member da_dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsgermany View Post
    ...and what exactly is your post supposed to tell us now?

    Noone doubts that his mother is Pinay and that he therefore has filipino roots right? Still that doesn't mean anything regarding his future preference, particularly since he already played for Germany.
    Athletes with ambitions usually tend to go where a) the money is b) the most challenging place respectively competetive league c) best possible teammates and coaching d) best NT perspectives (World Champs, Olympics etc.).
    Does any of that speak for the Philippines rather than Europe or the german NT in particular?

    I always said anyway that he has a lot of talent, but still needs to develop and mature more. The time at Nebraska will probably do him very good. Let's wait and see how he developes there and how good he will turn out to be. If he will really turn out to be as good as we all hope, it will still be up to him (and not us) for which NT he's gonna decide to play.
    come on man dont be to harsh on us, for the record u have a filipina wife and a daughter who is 50% filipino blood running through her veins dont you find that funny? and whats your issues man? let Standhardinger decide where he wants to play and besides even if he have played for the germans u18 you got to face it he still and will be a filipino duh?! anyone from grade school knows that and if you still got issues with pinoys try to settle it with manny pacquiao and you'll see the 3 stars and the sun in your dreams thats the filipino pride should be peace out man

  10. #30
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by da_dream View Post
    come on man dont be to harsh on us, for the record u have a filipina wife and a daughter who is 50% filipino blood running through her veins dont you find that funny? and whats your issues man? let Standhardinger decide where he wants to play and besides even if he have played for the germans u18 you got to face it he still and will be a filipino duh?! anyone from grade school knows that and if you still got issues with pinoys try to settle it with manny pacquiao and you'll see the 3 stars and the sun in your dreams thats the filipino pride should be peace out man
    I don't care if a half filipino is considered filipino or german - I only care on which NT he's gonna end up. why letting a talent go that's already in our system ever since he started playing?
    That my daughter is half Pinay doesn't mean I don't want to see Chris play for Germany maybe at the next Euro Champs.
    I wish the philippine team all the best and since Germany and the Philippines very likely won't play eachother often, I won't really get in trouble. Since I'm German, I naturally see Germany's interest first, just like you do with the Philippines.
    No need to argue over this anyway, since Chris will decide himself what will be best for his career. Still I will follow up on his career and hope he's gonna remain German and continues to play for us.

  11. #31
    Senior Member da_dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsgermany View Post
    Filipinos here in the Forum tend to target everyone who's surname may sound Filipino and is proven to be able to hold a ball, particularly when he's above 6'0''.
    ok no need to argue bout this Standhardinger let him decide where he wants to play.. but as for you man no need for this harsh comment on pinoys... watch your word.. peace out

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,451
    Country: United States

    Default

    Harris and Gonzaga have a big game on Thursday against St. Mary's...the Gaels have replaced Patrick Mills with another Australian star in Matthew Dellavedova and feature a strong front line with (lebanese eligible?) Omar Samhan and another Aussie Ben Allen. Also two more guys from last year's Australian U19 team coming off the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  13. #33
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Lucca Staiger with a strong performance in an 83-90 loss against No. 1 ranked Texas. Lucca contributed 19 points (4/8 three's), 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

    Chris Standhardinger on the other hand had a very tough time against No. 3 ranked Kansas, showing that he still has a fiew lessons to learn in a game, where favorit Kansas needed more than 30 minutes to start pulling away a little from Nebraska. Being used as PF again, the Kansas defense was still a little too much for him in the paint. Chris finished with 8 points and 2 rebounds on 2/8 shhoting inside while getting no shots at all outside this time.

    Cool to see a quite a fiew fans holding up german flags in there to support Chris.

  14. #34
    Senior Member PRSURF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,586
    Country: Puerto Rico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsgermany View Post
    Lucca Staiger with a strong performance in an 83-90 loss against No. 1 ranked Texas. Lucca contributed 19 points (4/8 three's), 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

    Chris Standhardinger on the other hand had a very tough time against No. 3 ranked Kansas, showing that he still has a fiew lessons to learn in a game, where favorit Kansas needed more than 30 minutes to start pulling away a little from Nebraska. Being used as PF again, the Kansas defense was still a little too much for him in the paint. Chris finished with 8 points and 2 rebounds on 2/8 shhoting inside while getting no shots at all outside this time.

    Cool to see a quite a fiew fans holding up german flags in there to support Chris.
    Yeah is see one flag from Puerto Rico too supporting Jorge Brian Diaz.....Chris was very nervous
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

    Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

  15. #35
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Elias Harris with a fantastic performance in Gonzaga's win over St. Mary's.

    Harris was the top player with 31 points, 12 rebounds and 2 steals.

  16. #36
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Nick Schneiders with another very solid performance in a 57-60 loss against Mercer. Nick contributed 21 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist and once again 4 blocked shots.

  17. #37
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Iowa State (Staiger) beat Nebraska (Standhardinger) 56-53.

    Both players with rather quiet performances this time. Lucca Staiger still managed to contribute 7 points (2 three's) and 1 assist in 25 minutes, while Standhardinger hat trouble finding his game for the second game in a row, only playing 11 minutes while scoring 2 points.

    Gonzaga once again had no trouble beating San Diego on the road with Elias Harris once again being their leading scorer with 20 while also grabbing 11 rebounds.

  18. #38
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    USC Upstate beat Kennesaw State 66-62.

    Nick Schneiders with 10 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocked shots in 36 minutes.

  19. #39
    Senior Member PRSURF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,586
    Country: Puerto Rico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsgermany View Post
    USC Upstate beat Kennesaw State 66-62.

    Nick Schneiders with 10 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocked shots in 36 minutes.
    I am telling you, this guy is good, he need to be in the NT!
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

    Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

  20. #40
    Senior Member bsgermany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    I am telling you, this guy is good, he need to be in the NT!
    Have you watched him already? His stats are quite impressive, but I haven't watched him live yet. A player with that height and such shot blocking skills as a backup behind Kaman doesn't sound too bad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •