X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German talents in the USA

The most interesting ones in the NCAA currently should be:

Elias Harris (SF/6'7''ft./201cm): Gonzaga

Currently one of the nations top freshmen, playing for the University of Gonzaga, averaging 13,9 points / 7,6 rebounds / 1,1 Steals in only 27,5 minutes while starting all 14 games so far.

Yesterday he was leading Gonzaga to an 85-83 win at Illinois with 19 points and 16 rebounds.
    The game before (83-69 win over Oklahoma), he drove in 15 points and 9 rebounds as their most effective player again.

Lucca Staiger (SG/6'5''ft./196cm): Iowa State University

Averaging 8,9 points / 1,7 rebounds / 1,5 Assists while starting all 12 games for the University of Iowa State, being their top threepoint-shooter with 33 (41,3%).

Christian Standhardinger (SF/6'8''ft./203cm): University of Nebraska

Still banned from official games due to his contract with a semi pro team in Germany in the 08/09 season. Had two impressive performances in exhibition games earlier this season, averaging 17,5 points & 7,0 rebounds. He will return to the team soon and play the second half of the season.

Nick Schneiders (C/7'3''ft./221cm): USC Upstate

Currently averaging 11,5 ppg., 7,0 rpg. and an impressive 3,5 blocked shots per game in his senior year there.
    Last edited by bsgermany; 01-11-2010, 04:14 AM.

Standhardinger will play his first game next Saturday against Texas A&M.

Other Germans that moved to NCAA this season are Max Rockmann (UMKC), Davis Martens (Siena) but also Kevin Schaffartzik and Thomas Schoeps who play at Odessa Junior College or Akeem Vargas who plays at the Iowa Lakes CC.

Additionally, you find some more names in NAIA for example
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.europeanprospects.com
    Who will be the next ...?
    News and Scouting Reports on European Youth Basketball

Comment

Standhardinger is being heavily targeted by Filipinos given his ancestry, despite the fact he already played for German national teams.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

I think Harris is playing mainly power forward for the Zags, at least he was in one of the preseason tournaments I watched.

Not the position I see him on on pro level, lets hope he develops his overall game.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          Standhardinger is being heavily targeted by Filipinos given his ancestry, despite the fact he already played for German national teams.
          Filipinos here in the Forum tend to target everyone who's surname may sound Filipino and is proven to be able to hold a ball, particularly when he's above 6'0''.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
            Filipinos here in the Forum tend to target everyone who's surname may sound Filipino and is proven to be able to hold a ball, particularly when he's above 6'0''.
            Yes, but Standhardinger is not that case.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

There was already a discussion about that in the Pinoy section, but I still believe that Standhardinger will be better off sticking to Germany - something he actually did already in youth NT's, wearing the German jersey.

Comment

Standhardinger will play for Germany for sure. Why should he play for the Philippines. He should be the future of the German NT together with Harris, Benzing, Ohlbrecht in the next years.

@robbe
                Harris is mainly playing PF in the games I saw. I don't know if he particularly works on his outside skills, I am not present at the practices. But I think that currently he mainly uses his speed to beat slower PF. Haven't seen a game of him though since end of November.

Comment

Harris must have worked on his outside shooting lately 'cause he starts doing quite well lately from threepoint range. I have seen him cover both SF and PF at Gonzaga.

Lucca Staiger just helped Iowa State beat Houston 82-75 in double OT, scoring 18 points on 6 threepointers.

Comment

Harris must have worked on his outside shooting lately 'cause he starts doing quite well lately from threepoint range.
                    good to mention that. I just checked his 3pt stats. He is at 7/10 over the last 5 games. Before that, he was at 2/10. We will see if that is just a streak at the moment or a real improvement. Let's hope for him it's the second

Comment

sourgraping mate? or threatened? better check Chris Facebook. For us.. it doesnt matter where he will play for as long as he aknowledges his roots.. your post about "pinoy's" is subjective and if you try to analyze my fellow Pinoy post they just want the best for chris for as long as he is happy with his decision.

[URL=http://img17.imageshack.us/i/chrisea.jpg/][/URL

"pinoy ako sa puso't diwa" (let my Fellow pinoy do the translation)

isnt it ironic?

Cheers
                      TEAM PILIPINAS!

www.myspace.com/fivefeetadjustment

www.facebook.com/fivefeetadjustment

Comment

...and what exactly is your post supposed to tell us now?

Noone doubts that his mother is Pinay and that he therefore has filipino roots right? Still that doesn't mean anything regarding his future preference, particularly since he already played for Germany.
                        Athletes with ambitions usually tend to go where a) the money is b) the most challenging place respectively competetive league c) best possible teammates and coaching d) best NT perspectives (World Champs, Olympics etc.).
                        Does any of that speak for the Philippines rather than Europe or the german NT in particular?

I always said anyway that he has a lot of talent, but still needs to develop and mature more. The time at Nebraska will probably do him very good. Let's wait and see how he developes there and how good he will turn out to be. If he will really turn out to be as good as we all hope, it will still be up to him (and not us) for which NT he's gonna decide to play.

Comment

Yesterday he was leading Gonzaga to an 85-83 win at Illinois with 19 points and 16 rebounds.
                          And scored the gamewinner 12 seconds from time. They went to him in the final two possessions. Also the key rebound at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                            And scored the gamewinner 12 seconds from time. They went to him in the final two possessions. Also the key rebound at the end of the game.
                            He also had the basket to put them ahead near the end of regulation, on a similar play to the gamewinner. And a nice dunk in traffic earlier in the second half.

Draftexpress has him as the 15th pick in next year's draft.
                            Originally posted by Fedfan
                            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                            Originally posted by GuTO
                            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

I am surprised that no one mentioned Nick Schneider!

Nick Schnider, USC UPSTATE, 7'3(2.21), 11.5 ppg, 7 rpg, 3.5 bpg

#14 in this video with the green
                              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information