Americas Championship 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murilo out, Shamell too...

the first one is injuried (Caio come to replace), and Shamell Stallworth did not a good season.

Diego always was a good potential, i like him.. but probably will be cut.

Arthur was fundamental to Brasília in championship of New Basketball Brazil. Good take.

Benite and Douglas Nunes are both young and they had a great national championship this year, for me they deserve to stay in 12 final list.

Nene, Varejao, Barbosa and Augusto Lima, i dont know, i think they will not come... with or without nba's lockout.

Paulão Prestes told yesterday, he will comes, nice news. Hettsheimeir i dont know too, but I support him, he could be a very important player to us.

The biggest surprise was Larry Taylor, he plays here in Brazil since 2008, speak a good portuguese. He's an very athletic guard, with him on the roster, the problem with Huertas backup is solved/fixed.

Comment

It is disgusting to make a foreigner player apply for a double citzenship just to have him playing for our national team.

Comment

Larry Taylor...american?
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

I think that Barea will kill this tournament with Piwi, Galindo, Vassallo and Peavy
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Anderson Varejão won't play the tournament (ankle injury), but he will present himself to the NT and support the other players. Link (in portuguese)

Comment

So now Brazil has naturalized players. That leaves Lithuania, China and Argentina the only top-25 NTs to never having used naturalized players and/or players born abroad.
              aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
                It is disgusting to make a foreigner player apply for a double citzenship just to have him playing for our national team.
                I don't really have a problem with it if the player can show some heritage or if the player shows a tremendous amount of allegiance to his adopted country. Brazil really doesn't need to naturalize players. They've got such a huge talent pool.

I like that there are quite a few names I don't recognize. It's great to see that Machado is still on the list. I would have thought that maybe the coach wouldn't bring him in.
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Hope this naturalized players thing dont get out of control...

Brazil need a good backup to Huertas, and we dont have this... but with Larry, can be good.

he's not 100% naturalized, he's naturalization is WIP.

Comment

Arthur is the wild card....

Comment

why is nene not on thath list am I missing s.t ?
                      ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                        Yes, his real name. Maybiner Hilario
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                          hahahahaahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                            So now Brazil has naturalized players. That leaves Lithuania, China and Argentina the only top-25 NTs to never having used naturalized players and/or players born abroad.
                            Don't Iran and Angola (i'm not sure) qualify to that list as well

Comment

Well, Brazilian had naturalized players before. In the world championship we had a player born in Argentina and another one borned in Polonia.

Comment

Originally posted by planaria View Post
                                Well, Brazilian had naturalized players before. In the world championship we had a player born in Argentina and another one borned in Polonia.
                                Really? Who were they? From what I read in LNB's website this would be the first time. Maybe they're missing something.
                                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information