NBA Brazilians 2009-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had a great season.

Cleveland already advanced. It looks like Denver and Phoenix will do the same.

One more round to all Brazilians.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
      He had a great season.
      Oddly, he seems to be more important now in the post season. Against Chicago, Varejao is basically the "main" center. He's playing about 30-35 minutes per game, while Shaq is playing the rest, and Z is getting a few minutes. Varejao isn't starting yet, but he's getting almost all of the minutes at the center position.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Yeah, you can clearly see how much coach Brown trusts Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
          Cleveland already advanced. It looks like Denver and Phoenix will do the same.

One more round to all Brazilians.
          I didn't really know why I said that Denver would do the same, since they were loosing the series 3-1. Now they won one more game but Utah is still the favorite.

And some bad news in that last game.

Nene out after spraining left knee

Denver Nuggets forward Nene sprained his left knee in the first half of Game 5 against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night and the team said he will not return to the game.

He will be re-evaluated Thursday.

Nene stayed on the court for several minutes after Jazz forward Carlos Boozer banged his left leg into Nene’s knee. He was helped off the court and into the locker room leaning on trainer Jim Gillen.

Nene had two points and one rebound in 14 minutes for Denver, which entered the game trailing 3-1 in the series.

Comment

Well, a sprain isn't too bad and it certainly won't keep him out of Turkey later in the summer.

It looks like Nene and Denver won't be going to the second round, though. I'm surprised, because once AK47 started sitting and Memo got hurt, I thought Utah was "toast."

At least Barbosa looks to move on and Varejao is already going ahead to play against Boston.

I predict that KG will make some dirty move against Varejao, but KG won't go after Shaq.
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
              Well, a sprain isn't too bad and it certainly won't keep him out of Turkey later in the summer.
              Unfortunally it can be worse.

Nene undergoing tests on his injured knee

DENVER (AP)—Nuggets center Nene is undergoing medical tests on his injured left knee amid concerns that he tore his ACL in the first half of Denver’s Game 5 win over the Utah Jazz.

An MRI on Thursday will determine the severity of the injury. The Nuggets called it a sprain after the game but there was deep concern among his teammates and the coaching staff that Nene suffered a serious injury.

Nene tore the ACL in his right knee in the 2005-06 opener and missed the remainder of the season.

Nene averaged 13.8 points and seven rebounds in the first four games of this series and he had four assists to go with two points and a rebound in 14 minutes Wednesday night.

The Nuggets trail 3-2 heading into Game 6 in Salt Lake City on Friday night.
              Originally posted by mvblair View Post
              At least Barbosa looks to move on and Varejao is already going ahead to play against Boston.

I predict that KG will make some dirty move against Varejao, but KG won't go after Shaq.
              Andy can handle himself against any kind of player. Althought having Shaq next to him won't hurt.

Comment

Good.

Sprain to sideline Nene for Game 6

DENVER -- Medical tests have revealed that Nuggets center Nene Hilario only hyperextended his left knee and didn't tear his ACL as feared when he went down in the first half of Denver's Game 5 win over the Utah Jazz.

An MRI on Thursday revealed no ligament or meniscus damage in his sprained knee, the team said.

Nene didn't make the team's trip to Salt Lake City for Game 6 on Friday night, but if the Nuggets win that game, there's a possibility Nene could return to action Sunday night back in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information