Truth about jumping higher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth about jumping higher

There are things you can do that are at your disposal already. There are things you can start doing from today and within 2 months you can see yourself jumping higher than you ever thought possible.

That my friend, is the truth. The problem is, you might ask, what is it that I can do? Okay, let's start with one of the effective ways you can do everyday that will guarantee you amazing results.

play basketball everyday

spend 45 minutes a day with your jump rope

make 50 "explosions" (jump as high as you can by
    bringing your knees to your chest) everyday

find a stable box or a bench or anything and jump on it and then jump from it. This completes one repetition. Do 30 repetitions every second day.

do 100 calf raises (stand straight with both legs together and the raise your heel off the ground so you are on your tippy-toes. Then lower heels onto the ground again) everyday after you finish playing basketball.

Maintain this working attitude for 50 days. Good! I bet you
    thought it was going to be work)

Well think about it, what was the thing, Michael Jordan or Vince Carter or so many others high-flying sky-walkers did, that helped them bring their vertical game to that amazing level.

What was it, that made Dominique Wilkins make those windmills or 360 spins so fast? Weren't you just nervous in a way, from the thought that you can't possibly do that and you thought you'd give just about anything to be able to do that, so that you can impress your friends maybe with your astonishing dunks. Sounds familiar?

Well here are some of the things I heard that Michael Jordan was doing to develop his vertical leap that he had at his best years of playing:

He spent 2 hours a day, playing with weights on his legs. Not to mention the countless hours he spent on the court doing dunks or trying to perform dunks that he knew back then he wasn't capable of. Or how about to consider how many times he spent jumping under the rim just grabbing those rebounds

Isn't it amazing to think how many pounds of sweat he has
    "drained" from his tireless body. And this is just an example.

The point is, every player that you can think of has dedicated great deal of time jumping and jumping and jumping. Why?

Probably because he was inspired by someone just like you are right know. And what's more important, he was d-e-t-e-r-m-i-n-e-d.

There are of course programs out there selling on the internet which are quite effective that will take you by the hand and show you the "short-cut".

The thing, it ain't easy man, it can get pretty ugly but you
    can't possibly improve your vertical game just spending 20-30 minutes a day doing some simple and easy exercises.

Unfortunately you'll find dozens of basketball programs out
    there. And most of them are garbage. They are expensive and they are offering nothing more than a bunch of exercises that will "sky-rocket" your vertical leap for a very short time.

You have to realize, my friend, that you have to work. There is no other way. You'll probably also heard of those pills some people sell or some liquids or many many other stuff. Don't, under any circumstance use them because they are not tested and none of the NBA players are using them. They are medically untested and they can be very harmful.

You and I both know what it takes.
    11 exercises to jump higher in 49 days - http://www.exercisestoincreaseverticalleap.com

You know, there is one way to jump higher without any training whatsoever.
    In fact one time i did it myself. It was during the lay up drill before a game.
    That day i had a massive chili with rice for my dinner.
    So when i was going for the lay up, i felt some gas, and at the exact time of take off, i farted very loudly, and all of a sudden i got boosted and took off like MJ and rammed the ball through the hoop.

Answer, don't train - JUST EAT CHILI THEN FART.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER View Post
      So when i was going for the lay up, i felt some gas, and at the exact time of take off, i farted very loudly, and all of a sudden i got boosted and took off like MJ and rammed the ball through the hoop.

If that was just from eating chilli then I wonder what u could have done had u consumed a bowl of beans instead

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post

If that was just from eating chilli then I wonder what u could have done had u consumed a bowl of beans instead
        Why not combine it and eat some chili con carne?

Originally posted by parso
        Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
        Originally posted by sseppel
        it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
        Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
        Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Could agree with you more, thanks for that Trajko

Comment

I know how to jump higher. There are many people who tried it and achieved. Add at least 10'' their vertical. Its guaranteed. Give a shot

Comment

well i recommend putting ankle weights on when you are training and running do not over do it 30mins every other day this will help build up the small mucles in your legs and just keep jumping. Skipping is also great to get them muscles stronger.hope this will help you
              do you need to improve your verticle....then you should check this out....

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
                Why not combine it and eat some chili con carne?
                chilli con carne - mmmmmmmmm rulez!

Comment

I actually just stumbled across a website while sifting through the web.

The guy says he can give you up to 5 inches in improvement in your vertical jump with some free tips.

I am a little sketchy but I am about to check it out. I wanted to post this up if anyone else was curious about gaining an additional 5 inches in their jump height.

Here it is: www.becomeafreak.com

Comment

The cold hard truth to dunking and increasing your vertical is that it takes a lot of work. There is no magical pill take or secrete shoes that you can lace up and instantly start dunking. You need to do body weight exercises and this will get you on the right track, but during these exercises you will have to give 100% effort so you can reap the benefits.

With everything there are shortcuts, with this i would take the shortcuts instead of trying to figure it all out for yourself. I can leave a link to a review that I found to the best vertical jump program in the https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/

This program focuses on body weight exercises so you will have a less likely chance to get injured and you do not need access to the gym.The program is only 8 weeks and has a ton of bonus content with it. I suggest reading the review and deciding. I don't regret going through the program because It increase my vertical by 10 inches.
                    Get a free book to increase your vertical by 4 inches https://vericaljump.gr8.com/

Comment

To add to what Trajko said, increasing your vertical is a matter of focusing on two types of training; plyometrics and weight training.

How to go about training is to structure your routine with exercises that mainly target the muscles most influential to your jump, those being all of the lower body along with the core. You'll also want to incorporate exercises for the upper body to maintain your body composition balanced. The exercises should be primarily high-intensity as this helps most with muscle recruitment, so as for plyometrics, you'll be focusing mostly on jumping exercises such as box jump and depth jumps. Weight training exercises include deadlifts, weighted squats, and weighted lunges, among many other options.

Since you'll be performing high-intensity sessions, be sure to include:
                      1. Proper warm-ups before exercising.
                      2. Proper cool-downs to slowly regulate your body back to normal.
                      3. Proper form and precaution with any gym-equipment you use.

Along with exercising, don't forget to pay attention to your nutrition and dieting, as well as getting rest for the body. To keep track of all this can seem like a bit of a pain, so if you're serious about increasing your vertical jump then I would personally recommend looking into vertical jump programs since they pretty much hand you a clear roadmap for you to follow.

I do think however that you should still do your due diligence on understanding how vertical jump training works so that you can grasp the concept on a more fundamental level. In fact, that's a big part of being able to seed out garbage jump programs from good ones. If you're interested in reading a review on Vert Shock, which is one of the better programs in the jump training scene, you can read a review here: https://ballamazingly.com/vert-shock-review/

Reading from multiple sources is yet another good way of gauging how good some else, and jump programs are no exception. However, if you decide to go at it bare and do all of the work in structuring your jump program, you can check this brief article to get a good idea of how to start.
                      https://ballamazingly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER View Post
                        So when i was going for the lay up, i felt some gas, and at the exact time of take off Impression plexiglas Cannes, i farted very loudly, and all of a sudden i got boosted and took off like MJ and rammed the ball through the hoop.

Lots of imaginations I see! And that's good because you have a goal.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information