Birth of Slovenian League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of Slovenian League

I'm really interested in knowning as much as possible about how Slovenian basketball was organized and the Slovenian league created right after Slovenia became independent from Yugoslavia.

Any information or link would be greatly appreciated.

I'm interested as well in Croatia, although I've just opened a thread in the proper forum as well.

I'm helping a friend to get information for a book on Balkan basketball, and he's struggling finding anything on this matter.

Thanks everyone.

I think this text can help you: http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=4&xy=2697

Comment

I think there were no problems, because even before independence Slovenia had it's own league, only the best teams played in federal league.

At that time there were 1st and 2nd federal league, followed by 1st and 2nd republic league (Slovenia was one of the republics in Yugoslavia). They probably put teams from federal leagues to the new 1st league and added some of the best team from former 1st republiv league, etc.

Send me a PM, i can chack it, as i+m in the middle of some basketball history research.

Edit: i just found that it was more complicated I'm cuorius now so i will research it next week.
      Last edited by zwbgr; 10-23-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks elaj, but I don't find anything on the birth of the Slovenian league in that link.

zwbgr, thank you too. I would love to hear whatever you find out on the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information