Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach Sergio Hernández named three squads for this international season:

Development team, will tour Australia and China during June:

PG Jonatan Treise (25), Quimsa (Argentina)
    PG Nicolás Aguirre (21), Quilmes (Argentina)
    PG Facundo Campazzo (19), Peñarol (Argentina)
    SG Leonel Schattmann (23), Unión Sunchales (Argentina)
    SG Nicolás de los Santos (22), Gimnasia (Argentina)
    SG Matías Nocedal (20), Baskonia (Spain)
    SF Mariano Fierro (24), Regatas (Argentina)
    SF Sebastián Vega (22), Peñarol (Argentina)
    SF Franco Rocchia
    PF Nicolás Romano (23), Quilmes (Argentina)
    PF Diego Romero (28), Gimnasia (Argentina)
    PF Federico Aguerre (22),
    C Pablo Orlietti (20), Atenas (Argentina)
    C Alejandro Alloatti (26), Obras (Argentina)

-------

B Team, will play the South American Championship on July.

PG Juan Fernández (20), Temple (NCAA)
    PG Juan Pablo Cantero (28), Atenas (Argentina)
    PG Luis Cequeira (25), Sionista (Argentina)
    SG Diego García (31)
    SG Federico Van Lacke (28), Valladolid (Spain)
    SG Leonel Schattmann
    SF Matías Sandes (26), Fuenlabrada (Spain)
    SF Marcos Mata (24), Peñarol (Argentina)
    SF Sebastián Vega
    PF Leonardo Mainoldi (25), Fuenlabrada (Spain)
    PF Diego Lo Grippo (32), Atenas (Argentina)
    C Alejandro Alloatti
    C Juan Gutiérrez (27), Granada (Spain)
    C Martín Leiva (30), Peñarol (Argentina)

------------

And the World Championship team that will compete in Turkey:

PG Pablo Prigioni (33), Real Madrid (Spain)
    PG Juan Pablo Cantero
    PG Juan Manuel Fernández
    PG Juan Pablo Figueroa (24), Atenas (Argentina)
    SG Carlos Delfino (28), Milwaukee (NBA)
    SG Paolo Quinteros (31), Zaragoza (Spain)
    SF Andrés Nocioni (31), Sacramento (NBA)
    SF Matías Sandes
    SF Federico Kammerichs (30), Regatas (Argentina)
    SF Hernán Jasen (31), Estudiantes (Spain)
    SF Marcos Mata
    PF Luis Scola (29), Houston (NBA)
    PF Leo Gutiérrez (32), Peñarol (Argentina)
    C Fabricio Oberto (36), Washington (NBA)
    C Román González (32), Quimsa (Argentina)
    C Juan Gutiérrez

Comment

Originally posted by alermac View Post
      Coach Sergio Hernández named three squads for this international season:

Development team, will tour Australia and China during June:

PG Jonatan Treise (25), Quimsa (Argentina)
      PG Nicolás Aguirre (21), Quilmes (Argentina)
      PG Facundo Campazzo (19), Peñarol (Argentina)
      SG Leonel Schattmann (23), Unión Sunchales (Argentina)
      SG Nicolás de los Santos (22), Gimnasia (Argentina)
      SG Matías Nocedal (20), Baskonia (Spain)
      SF Mariano Fierro (24), Regatas (Argentina)
      SF Sebastián Vega (22), Peñarol (Argentina)
      SF Franco Rocchia
      PF Nicolás Romano (23), Quilmes (Argentina)
      PF Diego Romero (28), Gimnasia (Argentina)
      PF Federico Aguerre (22),
      C Pablo Orlietti (20), Atenas (Argentina)
      C Alejandro Alloatti (26), Obras (Argentina)
      I'm an Australian and will be going to one of the Argentina-Australia games, can you give a little more info on these players. Which ones are the standouts, any potential NBA players?

Thanks....

Comment

I don't know but remember the name Matías Nocedal being considered an NBA lottery pick some years ago.
        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by aussieasker View Post
          I'm an Australian and will be going to one of the Argentina-Australia games, can you give a little more info on these players. Which ones are the standouts, any potential NBA players?

Thanks....
          Don't know if there're any potential NBA players, don't think so unless Nocedal starts to deliver all that some scouts expect from him. But I can name me most promising ones: Aside from Matías Nocedal, a kid who has been going back and forth from SG to PG and belongs to Baskonia; i can name Facundo Campazzo, a tiny PG with great shooting, leadership and individual pressing defense; SG Nicolás de los Santos, owned by Granada, who is also able to play the point and has evolved into a defender and slasher mostly. And PF Aguerre, a talented inside scorer who has the huge problem of not being able to gain enough weight.

Comment

There's been a change in the Development roster: SF Pablo Espinoza, 2,00 tall, 23 years old, MVP of TNA (Argentine second division league), replaces Franco Rocchia.

Comment

Oberto received OK from doctors and is very likely to play at the WC.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Carlos Schattmann got 7 threes in the second half (5 in the last quarter) for you guys against Australia last night.

Comment

The NT defeat Argentina after 55 years - Jul 15, 2010 (by Daniel Valencia)
                  The chilean national team defeated Argentina 71-69 on wednesday night. This friendly match was the second in two days and this victory was the first by a Chilean NT in 55 years against Argentina. The heroes of the nigth were the shooting guard Evandro Arteaga (178-G-83), who ended the night with 21 points (9-10 from the free throw line and 3/6 from three point line), and the point guard Erick Carrasco (181-G-83), who scored 11 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists. For Argentina, Juan Gutierrez finished with a double double, (12 & 10).

Chile 71 - Argentina 69

Chi: Evandro Arteaga 21 pts. Erick Carrasco 11 pts. Jose Luis Campos (189-G-80) 9 pts.
                  Arg: Juan Gutierrez (205-F/C-83) 12 pts. Roman Gonzalez (211-C-78) 10 pts. Leonardo Mainoldi (204-F-85) 9 pts.

1- 19-16 / 2- 17-14 / 3- 9-13 / 4- 26-16
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

I just watched this game. Argentina looked pretty bad. Gonzalez and Gutierrez have both dropped very far. I used to think that both those players could make it in the NBA ten years ago, but they both looked bad. Gonzalez looked like a balloon. He had trouble getting up and down the court and was constantly complaining to the refs. Gutierrez was only slightly better, but he looked like he had twenty pound weights on his ankles.

For their part, Chile played well. I don't know any of their players, but their center, Briones (#11), is very talented. Very smart. Unfortunately, he looked like he was pushing 35-years-old. Chile's guards were also impressive in comparison with the "B" guards of Argentina.
                    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Where did you watch it Matt? TV replay?
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

The NT lost against Argentina on saturday night - Jul 17, 2010 (by Daniel Valencia)
                        In the fourth friendly game of the week, the NT lost against Argentina 90-60. Roman Gonzalez (211-C-78) led the host team with 19 points. Juan Pablo Cantero (184-G-82) was the second scorer with 16, while Juan Gutierrez (205-F/C-83) grabbed 9 boards. For the NT, the center Patricio Briones (213-C-72, college: Dade CC) (5 rebounds) and the shooting guard Rodrigo Espinoza (183-G-81, agency: Players Group) (4 assists) were the offensive leaders with 17 points each, while the point guard Erick Carrasco (181-G-83) was the best rebounder with 6. The team coached by Juan Manuel Cordoba shot 39 % from the field, with 32 % from the three point line and 89 % from the free throw line. Argentina led the boards 36-27 and the assists 16-10.

Argentina 94 - Chile 73

ARG:Roman Gonzalez 19 pts. Juan Pablo Cantero 16 pts. Matias Sandes (201-F/G-84) 14 pts.
                        CHI: Rodrigo Espinoza 17 pts. Patricio Briones 17 pts. Jose Luis Campos (189-G-80) 8 pts.

20-15/29-14/20-25/25-19

Complete Stats
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                          Where did you watch it Matt? TV replay?
                          Yeah. I'm in Costa Rica right now, so I get TyC, an Argentine sports network, from my neighbor's cable.

I also saw the 94-73 win for Argentina. Again, I was not impressed with Argentina. Argentina was still pretty slow, but Chile's players looked exhausted. I know that Gonzalez had 19 points, but he still looks terribly out of shape to me. It's a shame.
                          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Nocioni: 'We can handle anyone'
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Luis Scola on board boosts Argentina Morale

SALTA (2010 FIBA World Championship) - Luis Scola is on board, and Argentina are dreaming big going into the FIBA World Championship.

Confirmation that Scola's NBA insurance has been secured, freeing him to play, has provided Argentina with a major boost during their training camp in Salta this week,

Now the players are focused on securing a medal in Turkey.

"We have a great chance," Andres Nocioni told Ole. "It will not be easy, but we only lost the semi-final in Japan (four years ago) by a single point."

Argentina lost the semi-final 75-74 to eventual champions Spain at the 2006 FIBA World Championship.

Scola's arrival in camp means Argentina have three NBA players on board, Andres Nocioni and Carlos Delfino the others.

Manu Ginobili is missing, but Nocioni is backing Delfino to make fans forget about any absentees.

"Manu attracts a lot of attention and frees up shots for everyone," he said. "But Carlos can do very well. We lose something, but we will win through Delfino.

"This year I saw him playing for Milwaukee at a very high level and if he can repeat, no one will remember Manu is not here."
                              from FIBA.com
                              Sacramento Kings
                              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Andres Nocioni is expected to recover in time for the FIBA World Championship in Turkey from the severely sprained ankle incurred during training camp with the National Team.
                                Sacramento Kings
                                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information