Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goran Dragic

A poem written by ESPN report Henry Abbott:
    Upon Review, The Sun is a Star - by Henry Abbott, May 26, 2010, ESPN

I was lucky enough to have a great seat for Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals in Phoenix, which inspired, believe it or not, a poem honoring a backup point guard.

In the late hours of the war room,
    Griffin working phones,
    A payment to the Alamo,
    The Suns would be your home.

Handle, shooting, poise …
    There was no rookie magic,
    We quickly picked it all apart,
    Your last name looks like “Tragic.”

A fraud, a waste, a bust,
    Even Suns fans did that talkin’.
    What insult could cut deeper
    Than calling a Slovenian “Slovakian?”

But now we’re in the playoffs.
    It’s two-thousand and ten.
    The Spurs brushed you aside that June,
    This May -- you did it to them.

Muscle for a rebound.
    Fight like hell through screens,
    They drafted you for defense.
    Somewhere Steve Kerr beams.

Tenacious on the dribble,
    Defenders spun around.
    It’s new: The Suns can build a lead
    While Nash is lying down.

3s, assists and free throws.
    Once more to the lane!
    If the Suns can shock the world
    Goran Dragic is the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliki_AS View Post
    hahahahaha

He only wants some attention, because in his comments there is a lot of wrong information about Dragic.
    LoL wth are you talking about Dragic was well known in youth competitions, i played against him at Iliria as well and our coach warned us about him, another teammate told me about him few days before the game, what a great player he is etc. because he was with him at the U-18 NT.

Fun fact, i even got into a bit of a scuffle with Dragic during the game, he hit me and i hit him back

Also i remember he was an athletic freak even back then, a teammate stole the ball at the 3pt line, and Dragic was guarding be while i was at the corner, the mate who was also fast, went for an easy layup but Dragic chased him down and block the sh1t out of him lol.

So yeah Dragic was known in Slovenia in youth competitions, i can testimate to that from first hand, also he was 1 years younger then the rest of us.

Now I know why you like Bano Udrih more than him

Oh, and Dragic, like he even mentioned at the itw you put here, has some issues with Vijacic (or Vijacic with him).
    I know that some Slovenians in this board don't consider the Vijacic as Slovenian, but probably he still has the motivation to show himself against another Slovanian.

And what a painful lose

Goran, next time, punch his teeth out..

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha12 View Post
    LoL wth are you talking about Dragic was well known in youth competitions, i played against him at Iliria as well and our coach warned us about him, another teammate told me about him few days before the game, what a great player he is etc. because he was with him at the U-18 NT.

Fun fact, i even got into a bit of a scuffle with Dragic during the game, he hit me and i hit him back
    I don't really know why I am explaining this to you, but let it be only once

Dragic was never member of U-18 NT. Spale and some others arranged for him to be tested on wide selection of U-20 selection when Ivan Sunara was coach of U-20. On fridenly game with Japan seniors (led by Zele) in Crnomelj he scored crucial points and got invited to the team in last possible moments. I know that, I was there and you probably were not If you don't bellieve me, go to Spale he will tell you all about it.
    Last edited by mvblair; 05-28-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliki_AS View Post
    I don't really know why I am explaining this to you, but let it be only once

Dragic was never member of U-18 NT. Spale and some others arranged for him to be tested on wide selection of U-20 selection when Ivan Sunara was coach of U-20. On fridenly game with Japan seniors (led by Zele) in Crnomelj he scored crucial points and got invited to the team in last possible moments. I know that, I was there and you probably were not If you don't bellieve me, go to Spale he will tell you all about it.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_46941.html

Dragic did play for the U18 team, but was pushed to the U20 team when he was only 18, he was not unkonown he was just that good that he played for the U20 and not U18 team.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj View Post

Goran, next time, punch his teeth out..
    The next time is now??

Wow....

Kobe after the game on Sasha: "I was gonna kill him..."

I think Gogi said to him something like "Pizda ti materna" which means "Your mothers cunt" which is not really a huge swear... at least not basketball courts here in Slovenia so I think The Cunt just got a little bit nervous... and btw, The Cunt wasn't sacked from NT because of the injury, he was sacked because of the behaviour... "injury" was just official reason...

Barkley is really funny..

Last edited by elaj; 05-30-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Goran doesn't really need to call names or whatever, he just constantly proves who's better on court and slaps Sasha with great exhibitions.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

I agree with rikhardur.

On the other hand, I still don't get Dragic... It seems like his baby face and his shyness are deceiving. We can also learn this from Alyosha's story.
    Last edited by ip84; 05-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_46941.html

Dragic did play for the U18 team, but was pushed to the U20 team when he was only 18, he was not unkonown he was just that good that he played for the U20 and not U18 team.
    I am losing my time with you again

Formally you were right, but the selection of players was lousy. Even Cebular wasn't in that squad (3-4 years later he will be first scorer in 1.A!)

If he was so good as you are mentioning, how come that he didn't play more in these qualifications. And btw, on these qualifiacations he wasn't treated as playmaker, that was the thing that Ivan Sunara changed in U-20!

Once again, he wasn't pushed to U-20 but Spale with some connections arranged for him to be on preparations of U-20 in Sunaar squad in 2004, because U-18 didn't qualify for EC in 2003. I won't explain you more, you are not worthy

I am more Slovenian than Vujacic.
    Actually, Vujacic is born son of Vasilije Vujačić, who was montenegrian player (some treat him as serbian, but as far as i know, that is not his opinion!!!!!) and recently was working as a coach in youth categories.

Sasha spend his whole youth in Maribor ( living with his stepfather and mother), the city that has huge sports rivalry with Ljubljana (where Dragic is born, his father Marinko has serbian roots). Vujacic started in legendary ZKK Maribor, the club that exist no more, while Dragic was member of already menitoned Ilirija (where Lorbek father was playing once, for example)

Question for the Slo fellows here: how's Dragic name written? Dragić or Dragič? I noticed it's written with ć on his NBA jersey and also on Wikipedia, but afaik Slovenians always use č. Is his surname of Serbian origin or something?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Question for the Slo fellows here: how's Dragic name written? Dragić or Dragič? I noticed it's written with ć on his NBA jersey and also on Wikipedia, but afaik Slovenians always use č. Is his surname of Serbian origin or something?
    Dragić is Serbian surname (mainly, don't know how every Dragić in the world feels about his nationality), Goran's father is Bosnian-Serb and his mother Slovenian... Slovenians always use č with surnames of Serbian/Croatian origin, since they don't have ć in their alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
    Dragić is Serbian surname (mainly, don't know how every Dragić in the world feels about his nationality), Goran's father is Bosnian-Serb and his mother Slovenian... Slovenians always use č with surnames of Serbian/Croatian origin, since they don't have ć in their alphabet.
    its funny that. on our press have players when have good games always č, when have a bad game is that ć like vujačić, dragić.. a lot of players (and people) have in a last č or ć

Am I correct ?
    č = ch (Russian ч)
    ć ~ ts (Russian ц)

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    Am I correct ?
    č = ch (Russian ч)
    ć ~ ts (Russian ц)
    č=ch
    ć= only Serbians and Bosnians can pronounce it lol...

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    Am I correct ?
    č = ch (Russian ч)
    ć ~ ts (Russian ц)
    C(Ц) like Russian ц, German z or tz
    Ć(Ћ) like Italian ciao, Galeazzo Ciano, Cesena(I've already explained it somewhere else on this forum)
    Č(Ч) like Russian ч, German tsch
    č=ch
    ć= only Serbians and Bosnians can pronounce it lol...
    You're denying existence of Croats... Watch yourself, man!

17 points, 5 assists last night for Dragic, or, uh, sorry, Dragić. He played 35 minutes but Phoenix lost in overtime thanks to some late heroics from Memphis. That ties his season high.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

dragic is da gun. great player

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast