No announcement yet.

Goran Dragic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interviews with Goran himself at Sloveinan sport sites?
    My Youtube channel

Comment

Just another AP article on Dragic:
      Dragic Having Breakout Season - May 14, 2010, by Matt Paulson, AP

...“I think it’s safe to say that may have been the best fourth-quarter performance I have ever seen in a playoff game,” teammate Grant Hill said.

The Suns play the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference finals starting Monday, and Kobe Bryant, who doesn’t usually talk about opposing backups, mentioned him by name.

“Dragic has really stepped up. He’s making huge contributions,” Bryant told reporters in Los Angeles when asked about Phoenix’s strong bench play.

Perhaps Dragic’s most important contribution has been the quality minutes he’s give the Suns, who have been looking for a strong backup for Nash since he returned to Phoenix six years ago.

As a result, Nash averaged fewer than 33 minutes this season for the first time since 1999-2000.

...Dragic’s scoring average was up slightly this season, to 7.9 from 4.5, but he has shown signs that he can be a dangerous shooter. He scored at least 14 points nine times in the regular season, including a career-high 32 at Utah on Jan. 25, and in the playoffs he’s shooting 44.4 percent from 3-point range.

Gentry said Dragic has improved the most in the areas of his game that don’t show up on the stat sheet.

“The thing that I like about what he’s done this year is that his floor game and leadership on the floor really expanded,” Gentry said.

...Under then-coach Terry Porter, Dragic played in just 26 of 51 games.

“I was struggling. … I was doubting me if I was good enough for this league,” he said.

After Gentry, who was committed to developing a deeper bench, took over at the All-Star break during the 2008-09 season, Dragic appeared in 29 of 31 games and his confidence grew with every minute played.

“Alvin gave me a lot of opportunities, and he says, ‘Son, just keep playing your game. Don’t worry if you’re going to make some mistakes. Just play your game,”’ Dragic said.

“My confidence is huge right now. … This year is totally different. I feel like I’m playing back in Europe with my friends. I’m really relaxed and just playing my game.”
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
        Any interviews with Goran himself at Sloveinan sport sites?
        Here you go

Kdor je v noči na soboto ostal pokonci in si ogledal tretjo tekmo drugega kroga končnice med San Antoniom in Phoenixom v košarkarski ligi NBA, mu prav gotovo ni bilo žal. Goran Dragič je v dresu sonc namreč uprizoril najboljšo predstavo kateregakoli slovenskega igralca v najmočnejši košarkarski ligi na svetu.

Bothing new was said though...Oh they did use your youtube mix in the article though
        My homage to The heroes:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
          Here you go

Kdor je v noči na soboto ostal pokonci in si ogledal tretjo tekmo drugega kroga končnice med San Antoniom in Phoenixom v košarkarski ligi NBA, mu prav gotovo ni bilo žal. Goran Dragič je v dresu sonc namreč uprizoril najboljšo predstavo kateregakoli slovenskega igralca v najmočnejši košarkarski ligi na svetu.

Bothing new was said though...Oh they did use your youtube mix in the article though
          I think him playing can be fore the benefit of the Suns, because he is going to have important roll at the NT, and will gain experience and confidence.

OT, but since then I mad also video of Nash's 4th quarter with the swollen eye:
          Steve, Nash, swollen, one, closed, eye, blood, injury, elbow, tim, dunken, highlights, Phoenix, Suns, victory, Spurs, San, Antonio, living, legend, game, 2010, playoffs, sweep
          My Youtube channel

Comment

It's magic indeed man!I don't know everytime I see him I'm about to lose my mind,the progress of this guy is unbelievable and it shows that if you are smart and you have good work ethic then playing in the NBA can be a real blessing in order to develop to a world class player!He can easily become soon the best European guard,great body,athletic,quick,true playmaker,sky is the limit!And I really wish to see Slovenia in the Mundobasket with all their stars,although many stars are usually hard to form a great team but I really wish this to be true and also see Italy with the NBA players etc,so that international basketball competitions will regain the glamour and the glory of the good old times!(OT Gasol as he performs in these play-offs can be easily considered as the the best PF-C tweener in the world!)

Comment

I still don't know how this game or the series and the playoffs will end, but I really have been enjoying Dragic. So elegant!!!
              My Youtube channel

Comment

I said this before the run of the 4th quarter and before amazing move!!! Go Phoenix!
                Last edited by ip84; 05-26-2010, 03:59 AM.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                  The author of this post played against Dragic as a teenager. These are his observations. Please click on the link to support the posting of these kinds of great articles. I left a lot out, so you have to click on it to read everything!
                  hahahahaha

He only wants some attention, because in his comments there is a lot of wrong information about Dragic.

Dragic was totally unknown until his 18th birthday, and as far as I know, he played in 2.division (1.A--->1.B--->2.) for senior team of Ilirija. The juniors of Ilirija played in first slovenian division with relative success. His first (and only)coach in Ilirija was Spasoje 'Spale' Todorovic, former center player of Olimpija, Helios and Ilirija. Dragic wasn't even in national program for youngsters and Spale was begging U-20 Slovenia coach Ivan Sunara to accept him on NT U-20 tryout. He made it althought he was 2 years younger with Zan Vrecko.

One scout of J.R., working for Slovan a year ago before his arrival in Slovan, got curious when he heard that Spale wanted to send Dragic to Olimpija and that they made fun of him there(beacuse he had minor drinking problems from time to time). Olimpija didn't want to pay nothing for kid from Ilirija (it is rumoured that they offered 40 b-balls), which totally devastated Spale. That scout asked J.R. if he could arrange a money for deal with Ilirija. The irony was that Ilirija was succesful in coming to playoffs for 1.B and reaching league higher. Because Ilirija at that time was in financial crisis, their management accepted the offer immediatly.

Dragic first played Adriatic league

under Jure Zdovc and didn't show nothing special as offensive player. Then Zdovc resigned in the middle of the season and he seemed much better, but nothing special. The problem was, there was a bunch of players on PG position. In the games that Slovan was trying to win, he wasn't really there to contribute, but to relax key players. In the national playoffs for Slovenian league he and Jan Rozman showed up as big prospects against Union Olimpija in final. Jan Rozman was immediatly taken by Union Olimpija.

His biggest breakthrough was under former NT coach, who took Slovan in 2005/06
                  http://www.adriaticbasket.info/w2/club.php?id=11&sez=05 ,
                  Ales Pipan. That season Kodeljevo , Slovan hall, was poetry of great basketball. However, the board of the league wanted Bosna in the playoffs instead Geoplin Slovan and Slovan had minor rating at the referees in Adriatic league and didn't qualify for the playoffs. Dragic was given leading role of the team under Pipan. They also participated in slovenian regular league, where they were undefeated until final games with Olimpija. They lost final with 3-2 but people, that are working in basketball, think that finals in 2005/06 were setup for Olimpija to become stronger in future.

Comment

soon will be some more extended video
                    My Youtube channel

Comment

My Youtube channel

Comment

A poem written by ESPN report Henry Abbott:
                        Upon Review, The Sun is a Star - by Henry Abbott, May 26, 2010, ESPN

I was lucky enough to have a great seat for Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals in Phoenix, which inspired, believe it or not, a poem honoring a backup point guard.

In the late hours of the war room,
                        Griffin working phones,
                        A payment to the Alamo,
                        The Suns would be your home.

Handle, shooting, poise …
                        There was no rookie magic,
                        We quickly picked it all apart,
                        Your last name looks like “Tragic.”

A fraud, a waste, a bust,
                        Even Suns fans did that talkin’.
                        What insult could cut deeper
                        Than calling a Slovenian “Slovakian?”

But now we’re in the playoffs.
                        It’s two-thousand and ten.
                        The Spurs brushed you aside that June,
                        This May -- you did it to them.

Muscle for a rebound.
                        Fight like hell through screens,
                        They drafted you for defense.
                        Somewhere Steve Kerr beams.

Tenacious on the dribble,
                        Defenders spun around.
                        It’s new: The Suns can build a lead
                        While Nash is lying down.

3s, assists and free throws.
                        Once more to the lane!
                        If the Suns can shock the world
                        Goran Dragic is the name.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by Veliki_AS View Post
                          hahahahaha

He only wants some attention, because in his comments there is a lot of wrong information about Dragic.
                          LoL wth are you talking about Dragic was well known in youth competitions, i played against him at Iliria as well and our coach warned us about him, another teammate told me about him few days before the game, what a great player he is etc. because he was with him at the U-18 NT.

Fun fact, i even got into a bit of a scuffle with Dragic during the game, he hit me and i hit him back

Also i remember he was an athletic freak even back then, a teammate stole the ball at the 3pt line, and Dragic was guarding be while i was at the corner, the mate who was also fast, went for an easy layup but Dragic chased him down and block the sh1t out of him lol.

So yeah Dragic was known in Slovenia in youth competitions, i can testimate to that from first hand, also he was 1 years younger then the rest of us.
                          My homage to The heroes:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Now I know why you like Bano Udrih more than him

Oh, and Dragic, like he even mentioned at the itw you put here, has some issues with Vijacic (or Vijacic with him).
                            I know that some Slovenians in this board don't consider the Vijacic as Slovenian, but probably he still has the motivation to show himself against another Slovanian.

And what a painful lose
                            My Youtube channel

Comment

Goran, next time, punch his teeth out..

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
                                LoL wth are you talking about Dragic was well known in youth competitions, i played against him at Iliria as well and our coach warned us about him, another teammate told me about him few days before the game, what a great player he is etc. because he was with him at the U-18 NT.

Fun fact, i even got into a bit of a scuffle with Dragic during the game, he hit me and i hit him back
                                I don't really know why I am explaining this to you, but let it be only once

Dragic was never member of U-18 NT. Spale and some others arranged for him to be tested on wide selection of U-20 selection when Ivan Sunara was coach of U-20. On fridenly game with Japan seniors (led by Zele) in Crnomelj he scored crucial points and got invited to the team in last possible moments. I know that, I was there and you probably were not If you don't bellieve me, go to Spale he will tell you all about it.
                                Last edited by mvblair; 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information