Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing!

Comment

Daaamn the game is downloading soo slowly i want upload the mix of the game on youtube.
      My homage to The heroes:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Dragic, Suns put Spurs on brink of elimination - by PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer, May 08, 2010

...“I think it’s safe to say that may have been the best fourth-quarter performance I have ever seen in a playoff game,” Suns forward Grant Hill said.

He wasn’t talking about the team.

He was just talking about Goran Dragic.

The backup point guard scored 23 of his 26 points in a brilliant fourth quarter, rendering Steve Nash unneeded until the final 3 minutes. Amare Stoudemire? He never even took off his warmups in the fourth quarter.

Dragic hit nine of 11 shots in the fourth, including all four 3-point attempts.

After his last one with 5.7 seconds left, the Suns impatiently waited for the final seconds to tick away before swarming Dragic. The Spurs shuffled away in a 3-0 deficit—which no team in NBA history has ever come back from.

Stunned Spurs fans could still be overheard muttering “Goran Dragic? Goran Dragic?” long after most of the AT&T Center emptied. It was about that time that Suns coach Alvin Gentry, having finished his postgame news conference, walked back across the court.

Goran Dragic?

“He’s my secret weapon,” Gentry said
        while breezing past the scorer’s table, smiling wide. “I don’t know where he came from, either.”

Dragic said he’s been there all along. He was apparently disguised under the 7.9 points he averaged during the regular season, and his 5.6 scoring average in the playoffs entering Game 3.

“During halftime I was talking with Coach Gentry and he told me I have to be more aggressive and drive the lane,” said Dragic, playing in his first career postseason. “When I came back on the court I just did what he told me.”

Amazing game, but let's not pretending like this kid Dragic is a nobody. He had some great games this season and has always been very productive in limited minutes. I've read a couple of times that he was Phoenix's insurance policy against losing Nash.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Hopefully it will yield some fans in the nba - including a bunch of .. erm suns fans - to write his name properly. So many writing drajic...

He will remain an ex yougo though

I am glad for him anyway, that's the only good thing i saw when his team defeated the blazers, more dragic (wish he had more mn).

Comment

Oh my Dragic indeed!

i am now officially a fan (Am a Nash/Suns fan so i kind of like all of 'em Phoenix players) Hopefully, this is not the last time we've seen the magic of Dragic!

(
            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

I like Beno Udrih
              aim low, score high

Comment

I saw that there is no real summery meanwhile, so I mad a 13 video. Enjoy:

Just finished uploading so you are the first to get this link
                May take few minutes of possessing until the quality will be fine.
                Watching this tonight at live was so exiting! All this against my most hated team in the world!

Edit: so divided it to 2 parts and reuploading it :/
                Last edited by ip84; 05-08-2010, 04:59 PM.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

I know you want to share as much footage as possible, but...
                  This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.
                  aim low, score high

Comment

I broke it into two parts, now it's OK:

Last edited by ip84; 05-08-2010, 07:06 PM.
                    My Youtube channel

Comment

Damn!

Amazing! Got the PG skills in a SG body --- if he just plays aggressive like this I won't be surprised if he turns into another Ginobili (he might not be as tall but those super long arms make up for it).

Thanks for the vids man. I see you post lots of NBA videos, do you record all games? BTW I was a little surprised to see Chinese texts @~5:40.
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Thanks for the video, IP.
                        Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                        Amazing! Got the PG skills in a SG body --- if he just plays aggressive like this I won't be surprised if he turns into another Ginobili (he might not be as tall but those super long arms make up for it).
                        Yes, he is a very aggressive guy, isn't he?
                        Deep in Reserve - by Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports, May 9, 2010

Goran Dragic spun the San Antonio Spurs in every direction, taking them to the rim for layups, throwing in one 3-pointer after another, and he wasn’t done yet. Dragic drove hard into the lane once more, jabbed a couple feints at the Spurs and flipped in yet another remarkable shot. His own coach tossed up his hands in disbelief.

“Jesus Christ!” Alvin Gentry shouted.

Yes, the night belonged to Goran Almighty. His stunning 23 points in the final quarter lifted the Phoenix Suns to a 110-96 victory and gave them a 3-0 stranglehold on the series, and no one could say they saw this coming.

“We only expected 21 in the fourth quarter when we drafted him,” deadpanned Suns general manager Steve Kerr.

In truth, the Suns saw enough in Dragic two years ago, and this speaks to the razor-thin line between winning and losing, between good teams and great ones. The Spurs know this as well as anyone. They built the foundation for their past three championships by gambling late draft picks on a couple of foreign kids. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker grew into NBA All-Stars.

As recently as a year ago, Dragic didn’t look like much himself; a half-season under Terry Porter had shredded his confidence. Not until Gentry became head coach did Dragic’s minutes – and self-esteem – receive a boost.

Gentry’s message to Dragic: “He said, ‘Hey kid, don’t worry if you do some mistakes. Just play your game.’ ”

“It might extend Steve’s career five or six years if Dragic keeps playing like that,” Popovich said.

From the start of the fourth quarter to the final buzzer, the Spurs never found an answer for Dragic. He threw in one last 3-pointer, and as the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Suns poured onto the court and wrapped their young guard in a hug.

“Other than M.J., I don’t remember anyone doing anything like that … in a huge game … under pressure … especially a young kid,” Kerr said later in the celebratory din of the locker room. “That’s ridiculous.”

Kerr shook his head. Jesus Christ, Michael Jordan and Goran Almighty. The playoffs have a way of making the most unlikely of heroes. Sometimes it pays to be lucky. It helps even more when you’re also the better team.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

There i finally was able to make a vid of his amazing game

Goran Dragic going crazy in the 4th Q going off for 23 points, and destroying the Spurs
                          My homage to The heroes:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

The author of this post played against Dragic as a teenager. These are his observations. Please click on the link to support the posting of these kinds of great articles. I left a lot out, so you have to click on it to read everything!
                            Goran Dragic from a Slovenian's Perspective - Valley of the Suns Blog, May 10, 2010 by by Erik Vidmar

Editor’s Note: Erik Vidmar, 24, recently finished his fifth year of medical school in Ljubljana, Slovenia. He has played basketball since he was 12 and competed against Goran Dragic when they were both growing up in Slovenia.

The first time I saw Goran playing basketball I was 15 years old. We were playing against a small basketball club Iliria from our capital town of Ljubljana. Before the game our coach warned us about some of their players, especialy about one player who was not so very tall, but extremely quick and dangerous for the basket. His name was Goran Dragic.

We thought that our coach was overreacting...

After the game I asked some people about him and they told me that they call him Gogi, which is short for Goran and that they are expecting that soon should appear an offer from a bigger club....

After two years in 2004 I heard that basketball club Slovan from a Slovenian league acquired Goran, and I knew that that was great because they were known to be one of the best for developement of young talented players....

Thank god Steve Kerr knew how good a player Goran is and believed in him from the first day. And I think that a huge part of his succes lies in Steve Nash, who is mentoring him for the last two years and believeing that Goran can succesfully repleace him when he decides to retire.

...Funny thing is that when Spurs drafted Goran and traded him to Suns everybody was saying that Spurs made one of the bigest mistakes because Goran was known to be good in offense but also in defense, which he proved in the European Championship game against France in 2007 when he was the only player to stop Tony Parker in key moments of the game (Slovenia won that game and they all said that Goran showed he isn’t afraid of NBA players like Parker).

Together with joy after this huge game against the Spurs came the concern that now that Goran showed how important he is for Phoenix that they wouldn’t let him play for Slovenia in September...

Comment

Relative of Gašper Vidmar?
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                                Relative of Gašper Vidmar?
                                I doubt. Vidmar is a very common surname name here in Slovenia...

Kdor je v noči na soboto ostal pokonci in si ogledal tretjo tekmo drugega kroga končnice med San Antoniom in Phoenixom v košarkarski ligi NBA, mu prav gotovo ni bilo žal. Goran Dragič je v dresu sonc namreč uprizoril najboljšo predstavo kateregakoli slovenskega igralca v najmočnejši košarkarski ligi na svetu.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information