Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goran Dragic

Default Goran Dragic

hmm... didn't find any thread about him.

Tonight: 21 pts, 8 reb, 4 assist, +/- 32... looks good.

Was Beno Udrih guarding him?

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    hmm... didn't find any thread about him.

Tonight: 21 pts, 8 reb, 4 assist, +/- 32... looks good.

Was Beno Udrih guarding him?
    Yes

Dragic with 32 points with 6/7 to 3, 4/6 to 2 and 6/8 from the foul line.

Wu-Tang

Dragic with 32 points with 6/7 to 3, 4/6 to 2 and 6/8 from the foul line.
    He had a very nice game a day or two ago as well. Liking his development.

SunOverHStreet

One of my favorite players, to be honest.
    I'm very happy for him, he finally made some impact this season. I hope he will continue this way.

I remember last season when he still struggled how Nash took him aside and explained him something.
    My thought was that he couldn't have get better situation and if he won't find himself at this team he wouldn't find at all. And he did....

I hope that Nash is not injured or something, but it seems from the statistic that Dragic played more then him and was better than him (also at the +/-).

I'm don't like the NBA but I have intention to watch Suns' playoff because of Nash... Is anybody follow this team and Dragic? His states looks really impressive.
    Has been any itw with Dragic he was asked about Nash? If has, I would like to know what he said about Nash.
    I just got an impression before Dragic gained confidence that Nash was teaching him a lot, calling him after mistakes and explaining him something, encouraging him....

I hope that Nash is not injured or something, but it seems from the statistic that Dragic played more then him and was better than him (also at the +/-).

I'm don't like the NBA but I have intention to watch Suns' playoff because of Nash... Is anybody follow this team and Dragic? His states looks really impressive.
    Has been any itw with Dragic he was asked about Nash? If has, I would like to know what he said about Nash.
    I just got an impression before Dragic gained confidence that Nash was teaching him a lot, calling him after mistakes and explaining him something, encouraging him....

Hey, i have been following the suns a lot this year also watched yesterdays game. It was the end of a back2back and Nash was playing with little energy because he was tired it seemed and did a bad job on the defensive end that's why Dragic played more then him.

There are plenty of articles with Dragic and in almost every single one there is a question of the impact that Nash is having and there are also a few where Nash talks about Dragic.

Gogi has really progressed unbelievably this season, the weakest aspect of his game which used to be 3pt shooting has really become one of his strong suits this year, his shot is visibly improved and looks very very smooth.
    He has been scoring extremely well this season, and in limited minutes as well. But the past few months he has also started assisting very well and setting up team-mates. He is improving in great strides on a game to game basis.

His biggest weakness atm is his handles but if he improves that as he did his shot he could be the starting PG of the Suns (when Nash retires) for years to come.

If he progresses as he has been atm i see him averaging something like 18pts 8assists and 5rbs in his prime if not even better.

I'm pretty sure Nash wasn't injured. The game was apparently so out of hand that Gentry elected not to put his starters back in. That's why Dragic got more minutes.

thanks,

Can you give some links to some of this articles/interviews? I don't care if it's at Slovenian...

Edit:
    I found this one: http://www.dnevnik.si/sport/kosarka/1042333179
    well, he really the same even almost at the same words regarding Nash as at my question....

As somebody who follows some European who didn't get into the best situation at the NBA, when I saw Dragic on one had very unconfident(at the beginning) and at another hand seeing how everybody is patient with him and beyond all Nash taking care of him, I told my friend that if Goran won't succeed here he won't anywhere...
    He really couldn't be more lucky being drafted by the suns and not being traded.
    Last edited by ip84; 04-04-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Here you have a chat with Dragic and the first question ofcourse is about playing with Nahs:

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...ve-chat-monday

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...ce-report-look

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...l-goran-dragic

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/dragic_100223.html

Here you go a few articles

Also edit to add, Dragic was benched by the Suns in his first season, but when Porter was fired Gentry took over and gave Dragic a fair chance and Dragic came through in the last 20 or so games, this year he is doing even better.

I believe more then Nash it has been Gentry who is to "blame" for Gogi's success and ofcourse Dragic himself for coming up big when big was expected of him.

I recalled that I made a mistake here and wasn't corrected. He wasn't drafted by the Suns!

(I recalled that I was glad about it... Because I hate the Spurs)

I recalled that I made a mistake here and wasn't corrected. He wasn't drafted by the Suns!

(I recalled that I was glad about it... Because I hate the Spurs)
    Well de facto he was drafted by the suns. The spurs drafted him for the suns for cash and a 2nd round pick if i am not mistaken, there is footage from the Suns mead office breaking the deal with the spurs pre draft for Dragic.

Kerr even said that if Dragic didn't have a contract with TAU they would have gone after him with the 15th pick!

Oh my Dragic!!!

Oh my Dragic!!!
    you can say that again
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Amazing!

Daaamn the game is downloading soo slowly i want upload the mix of the game on youtube.

Dragic, Suns put Spurs on brink of elimination - by PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer, May 08, 2010

...“I think it’s safe to say that may have been the best fourth-quarter performance I have ever seen in a playoff game,” Suns forward Grant Hill said.

He wasn’t talking about the team.

He was just talking about Goran Dragic.

The backup point guard scored 23 of his 26 points in a brilliant fourth quarter, rendering Steve Nash unneeded until the final 3 minutes. Amare Stoudemire? He never even took off his warmups in the fourth quarter.

Dragic hit nine of 11 shots in the fourth, including all four 3-point attempts.

After his last one with 5.7 seconds left, the Suns impatiently waited for the final seconds to tick away before swarming Dragic. The Spurs shuffled away in a 3-0 deficit—which no team in NBA history has ever come back from.

Stunned Spurs fans could still be overheard muttering “Goran Dragic? Goran Dragic?” long after most of the AT&T Center emptied. It was about that time that Suns coach Alvin Gentry, having finished his postgame news conference, walked back across the court.

Goran Dragic?

“He’s my secret weapon,” Gentry said
    while breezing past the scorer’s table, smiling wide. “I don’t know where he came from, either.”

Dragic said he’s been there all along. He was apparently disguised under the 7.9 points he averaged during the regular season, and his 5.6 scoring average in the playoffs entering Game 3.

“During halftime I was talking with Coach Gentry and he told me I have to be more aggressive and drive the lane,” said Dragic, playing in his first career postseason. “When I came back on the court I just did what he told me.”

Amazing game, but let's not pretending like this kid Dragic is a nobody. He had some great games this season and has always been very productive in limited minutes. I've read a couple of times that he was Phoenix's insurance policy against losing Nash.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Hopefully it will yield some fans in the nba - including a bunch of .. erm suns fans - to write his name properly. So many writing drajic...

He will remain an ex yougo though

I am glad for him anyway, that's the only good thing i saw when his team defeated the blazers, more dragic (wish he had more mn).

Oh my Dragic indeed!

i am now officially a fan (Am a Nash/Suns fan so i kind of like all of 'em Phoenix players) Hopefully, this is not the last time we've seen the magic of Dragic!

(
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast