Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivory Coast national team

CIV – Amagou eager to play in Turkey with Ivory Coast

ROANNE (2010 FIBA World Championship) - Pape-Philippe Amagou is still celebrating the fact that he and his Ivory Coast teammates are going to play at the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

The Ivory Coast made a surprising run to the Afrobasket Final in August before falling to Angola.

The silver medal won in Libya was deemed a huge success for the country.

"I am very proud!" Amagou said.

"It is a great pleasure as we were in the role of challenger.

"The team is fun, young and the project is very good for Ivorian basketball.

"The goal now is to qualify for the Olympics, and why not?"

Amagou was born in Maisons-Laffitte, a suburb of Paris, and is French, but his father hailed from the Ivory Coast.

The 23-year-old played for France's junior teams, most recently in 2005 at the U20 European Championship for Men when he averaged 10.5 points per game, but decided to pursue a national team career with the African country.

"I made all the youth teams in France but for me," he said, "it was a little crowded at point guard and shooting guard.

"I talked with (France coach) Vincent Collet about my desire to play for the Ivory Coast and he allowed me to join them.

"Additionally, for me, playing for the Ivory Coast is a small tribute to my father who died in 1995."

France finished fifth at the EuroBasket and also qualified for the FIBA World Championship.

That means Amagou could end up facing some of his former teammates in the youth teams when the event tips off in Turkey.

The 6ft 1in Amagou, who averaged 11.4 points per game at the Afrobasket, is on the books of Chorale Roanne in France.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

CIV – The training programme of Côte d’Ivoire ahead FIBA World Championship 2010

The Ivorian Basketball Federation has made public the preparation program of Elephants of Côte d’Ivoire in view of World Championship which will take place in Turkey from 28 August to 12 September 2010.

The first phase of preparation will take place from 1st to 13 July in Lausanne in Swiss, country of Randoald Dessarzin, head-coach of the Elephants. After Swiss, the preparation will go on in France from 15 to 23 July in Beauvais.

The practice phase with friendly games will begin in Macedonia from 25 to 27 July. Then, the Elephants will be in France from 29 July to 1st August to digest the building games before taking a flight for Madrid. In the Spanish capital, the Ivorian will also have a preparation from 2 to 13 August with friendly games.
    The last appointment prior to take area in Turkey is foreseen in Serbia from 15 to 23 August. After the stage of Belgrade, Dessarzin and his foals will move to Ankara, on 24 or on 25 August, for the competition.
    Côte d’Ivoire is drawn in group C alongside with Greece, Turkey, Porto-Rico, Russia and China.
    Artificial Nature

Comment

CIV - Alain Digbeu and Hervé Lamizana contacted

The Ivorian Basketball Federation (FIBB) has begun the preparation of FIBA World Championship to be held in next summer in Turkey for that purpose Hervé Lamizana and Alain Digbeu have been contacted to take part to the training round.

Selected as player of France National Team from 1999 to 2003, Alain Digbeu could return to his Ivorian origins within the period of a World Championship. After having made fine days with ASVEL, the 50th choice of 1997 draft NBA in the direction of Hawks of Atlanta (club with which he has never played ), has been contacted by the Elephants management staff to wear for the first time the Ivorian tunic. From the top of his 1m96, the forward with French nationality has yet given definite response to FIBB.

Hervé Lamizana is also on the rooster of probable basket players who will defend Ivorian colours in Ankara. Even though Koré Moïse, President of FIBB, said to have given him up, the current lodger of Chinese Basketball Championship has given his agreement to joint the team of Randoald Dessarzin, which begins its building round from the 1st of July in Swiss. Francis Koffi, brother of Alain Koffi, has also been contacted.
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Did Lamizana ever play for Ivory Coast? This guy can jump straight out of the roof. He just broke Yao's CBA record of # of blocks in a game, when he registered 13 (in OT though) blocks Personally I think he'd surprise a lot of people, he's very smooth on both ends.
        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
          Did Lamizana ever play for Ivory Coast? This guy can jump straight out of the roof. He just broke Yao's CBA record of # of blocks in a game, when he registered 13 (in OT though) blocks Personally I think he'd surprise a lot of people, he's very smooth on both ends.
          he played for years in the Arabic region and he even asked to be naturalized for Lebanon!
          He's a very tough player but he's limited offensively!
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Preliminary roster for Turkey 2010:

I thought Abdullai Jalloh is from Gambia...

I from Wisconsin!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

CIV – Kone: ‘We’re not going to Turkey just to participate’

21/06/2010. ABIDJAN (2010 FIBA World Championship) - If Ivory Coast are going to survive a tough Group C and advance to the knockout stages of the FIBA World Championship in Turkey, they’ll need some big performances from Mohamed Kone. The 2.11m center was sensational at the Afrobasket last summer, helping his country snatch an unexpected silver medal.

They finished the tournament with five wins and four defeats, but every one of the victories were crucial.

In the 68-61 upset of Cameroon in the Semi-Finals, the win that sealed a spot at the FIBA World Championship, the 29-year-old Kone had 11 points, 10 rebounds and one block.

“My wish was to represent the Ivory Coast the best that I could, even though it wasn’t easy sometimes,” Kone said.

“I was playing 100% just like my teammates.

“That was my first participation in a competition of this caliber, therefore I had to make good impression.”

Kone, who played college basketball in America at Southern Idaho and Valparaiso – the same university of Angola captain Joaquim Gomes – and also competed professionally in France, should feel right at home in Turkey this summer.

He spent this season with Erdemirspor in the country’s top flight and averaged almost eight points and more than six rebounds per game.

Ivory Coast will compete against Greece, Russia, Puerto Rico, China and hosts Turkey in the Preliminary Round.

Kone will have a special feeling when he puts on the national team shirt.

Looking back at last summer, when he played at the FIBA Africa Championship for the first time in Libya, he said: “During the first game of the 2009 Afrobasket in Libya, I realized that I wasn’t playing for just a team but for my country.

“I was a little bit shaky at the beginning but everything was cool afterwards.”

Kone, who says his favorite player is former Team USA star Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics, is very excited about taking part in the FIBA World Championship.

His aim?

“Show to the world that we’re not going there just to participate,” he said.

“I am a competitor. When I play, I do it with my heart like any other athlete.

“I am not saying that I am going there to win the title, but I am going to represent my country well and I’ll do that with God’s will.”
              Artificial Nature

Comment

CIV – FIBA World Championship: A provisional 24-men squad named

At the end of the weekly meeting of the Executive Committee of Ivorian Basketball Federation (FIBB) held last week, a provisional 24 men squad has been named ahead the FIBA World Championship to be held from 28th August to 10 September 2010 in Turkey. The previsional team list

Amagou Pape-Philippe (Roanne, Pro A, France), Diabate Souleyman Mouloukou (Roanne, Pro A, France), Abouo Charles Noe ( Byu, NCAA, USA), Touali Guy-Serges (SOA, N1A, Cote d'Ivoire), Gnagbo Patrick Herve ( CB L'Alfasdel Pi, Spain), Konan Kouassi Serge (Spain), Koffi Angaman Jean-Philippe (Lucon, NM2, France), Cisse Ibrahim (Riva del Garda, Italia), Assie Brice ( San Martin, TNA, Argentina), Tape Didier Eric ( Rodez, NM3, France), Dja Konan Patrick (Liberty Flames, NCAA, USA), Meite Namori (Evreux, Pro B, France), Kale Monyongo Jonathan Pierre ( Hagen, Germany), N'diaye Ismaël (Lausanne, Swizerland), Kone Mohamed Deba (Erdemirspor, Turkey), Ouegnin Jonathan (USA), Lamizana Herve (Tianjin, China), Kounkorgo Frederic (USA), Konate Sornan Kinidinnin Stephane (ABC, N1A, Cote d'Ivoire), Afeli Yao Serge ( France), Soumahoro Issife ( Strasbourg, France), Aka Wilfried (Paris-Levallois, Pro A, France), Mamadi Mekaleka (Huesca, Espagne) et Remi Dibo (USA).
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Errick Craven & Ivory Coast

Hello all
                  I have checked the last update of the Ivory Coast roster for the WC and Errick Craven is not among the 24 reamining players.
                  I have checked and after averaging 18 mpg he did not play the final of the last Africabasket 2009 due to coach decision.
                  Anyone has any idea what happened? A fall out with the coach?
                  Help much appreciated, thanks

Comment

Roster cut to 17:
                    Charles Abouo, Pape-Philippe Amagou, Brice Assie, Mouloukou Diabate, Remi Dibo, Landry Guy, Jonathan Kale, Philippe Koffi, Stephane Konate, Mohamed Kone, Herve Lamizana, Namori Meite, Ismael N'Diaye, Issife Soumahoro, Didier Tape, Mickael Toti, Guy Serge Toualy.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

Charles Abuou of BYU

LAS PALMAS, Spain – BYU guard/forward Charles Abouo is gaining valuable experience as a member of the Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) National Team this summer.

Cote d’Ivoire recently played in the Las Palmas Tournament in Spain. Abouo tied for a team high with 12 points in an 85-70 loss to Spain. Abouo and Cote d’Ivoire were competitive for much of the contest, trailing 38-34 at the half and by just two at 58-56 in the third quarter.

Three of the five starters for Spain — Juan Carlos Navarro, Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez — play significant roles for their respective NBA teams. Another starter, Ricky Rubio, was the fifth pick in the 2009 NBA Draft but has continued to play professionally in Spain.

The Las Palmas Tournament is a preparatory tournament for the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey. Cote d’Ivoire qualified for the World Championships last summer by taking second at the 2009 Afrobasket Tournament. Abouo averaged 5.2 points and 2.2 rebounds at Afrobasket.
                      from BYUCougars.com
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Does anyone know which 12 players going to WC 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by BarryWhite View Post
                          Does anyone know which 12 players going to WC 2010?
                          Charles Abouo, Pape-Philippe Amagou, Brice Assié, Souleyman Diabaté, Jonathan Kalé, Stephane Konaté, Mohamed Koné, Hervé Lamizana, Ismael N’Diaye, Issife Soumahoro, Eric Tapé, Mickael Toti
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Final results for Ivory Coast:

CIV / Turkey 47-86

CIV / China 73-83

CIV / Russia 66-72

CIV / Greece 60-97

CIV / Puerto Rico 88-79

If it is of any consolation, a lone win against 4 losses on 5 games is better than no wins at all.
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Their coach Dessarzin resigned. I heard players are still waiting for payments from last year's African Championships...

I from Wisconsin!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information