X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    First time hear about it...
    He's in the roster of Lietuvos Rytas.
    The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Comment

There's no info so far. Maybe they flew today and Valančiūnas will play and maybe not because Perlas will have a game in Jan 5.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Can the same player play for more than one team? I see some names in that link you've given, that were in Zalgiris roster not that long ago in Rome. Or am I just not aware of something?.. :/
        Tomas Lekunas and Dovydas Redikas are the ones I can recall for sure off the top of my head.
        You can follow me on twitter @LithuaniaBasket

Comment

Originally posted by Simonas123 View Post
          Can the same player play for more than one team? I see some names in that link you've given, that were in Zalgiris roster not that long ago in Rome. Or am I just not aware of something?.. :/
          Tomas Lekunas and Dovydas Redikas are the ones I can recall for sure off the top of my head.
          Redikas and Lekunas are not playing for Rytas team. Valanciunas is playing.

PS: Rytas is playing against Unicaja and they have Sabonis in their roster

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nike international junior tournament: Rytas- Unicaja 58-60

Valančiūnas dominated, but that wasn't enough:
            18 points, 24 rebounds, 8 blocks, 40 ranking points in 33 minutes.

Judging from stats this Rytas team is the same as U18 this summer, only bad news from backcourt.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Another outstanding performance by Valančiūnas in Hospitalitet 33pts(10/13, 0/1, 13/16)+9Rb+4Blck+12 Rv.fouls with 50rkg

Comment

Valančiūnas goes to Rytas. Do you think he's ready? Personally, I think this might be good for him, but Kurtinaitis must be willing to give the guy at least 15-20 minutes per game in not important LKL and BBL games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                  Valančiūnas goes to Rytas. Do you think he's ready? Personally, I think this might be good for him, but Kurtinaitis must be willing to give the guy at least 15-20 minutes per game in not important LKL and BBL games.
                  Majority of the games left are not important/easily winable. I think Valančiūnas will get his fair share of minutes, and I'm very excited about that. On the other hand, I'm not so sure about Bajramovič signing, if Rytas keeps Baynes. Maybe Kenan was just a real bargain at this time of the year?

All in all, Rytas chances to prevail against Žalgiris are once again looking not so bad...

Comment

Originally posted by kecal View Post
                    On the other hand, I'm not so sure about Bajramovič signing, if Rytas keeps Baynes.
                    He was signed looking forward to the upcoming season.
                    P.S. Nothing oficial, but I've heard some talks that Baynes' gonna stay for the
                    2010/11 season as well.
                    One day the tides will turn
                    One day the fields will burn
                    One day the seas will churn
                    The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Great Valanciunas's debut in Lietuvos Rytas. He was the best scorer against Techasas in LKL game.

18 points (20 min, 8/11 2pt, 2/3 ft, 5 reb, 20 eff)

What is more, he has become the youngest LR player in its history - 17 years, 8 months, 13 days.
                      Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 01-19-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

LithuaniaBaketball.com - Valančiūnas makes debut in Rytas

Just a tiny bit more about his debut (including some photos):
                        BetGames, a game provider, is a leading provider in the live dealer online gaming industry. a provider of games with minimal stakes and the release to the market of unique solutions that use advanced technologies in their work. We cooperate with more than 180 international partners | BetGames

Comment

Some moments of Valančiūnas' first game in Rytas.

jonas valanciunas kurtinaitis, basketnewslt, lietuvos rytas, techasas, lkl, bajramovic

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Some moments of Valančiūnas' first game in Rytas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYrc...layer_embedded
                            He really needs to get some muscle.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                              He's 17 years old, you want him to look like Kambala? And by the way, northern boys don't grow as serbian ones, for example, which organism developes earlier, so their 18-19 year players look much older. I have noticed it while watching lithuanian-serbian youth games.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                                He is quite skinny, but you've got to keep in mind that he's only 17. This will come with time and I'm not sure if overforcing the issue would help.

And here's all of his points: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoPc...ayer_embedded#

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information