Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Jonas Valančiūnas thread

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    But Jonas Valančiūnas > Rudy Gobert.

Hmmmm.

Rudy Gobert (The Stifle Tower, The French Rejection, The Gobert Report, Gobzilla): 2020-21 PER 23.5 in 30.1 MPG

Jonas Valančiūnas (JV, Lithuanian Lightning, Big Science): 2020-21 PER 24.4 in 28.3 MPG

Well maybe, maybe. Gobert wins the battle of the nicknames though.

Well I clearly underestimated Rudy Gobert. I thought he was just another annoying Frenchman but he's clearly an NBA all-star caliber player. After that first game he outplayed Jonas Valančiūnas by a wide margin.

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-08-2021 at 05:10 PM.

So Jonas Valančiūnas is trading Memphis BBQ:

For New Orlans jambalaya:

If he still has a hankering for BBQ ribs, there's still the Ugly Dog Saloon & BBQ in the Warehouse District just a few blocks from New Orlans' celebrated French Quarter:

There's no shortage of good eating places in New Orlans', that's for sure!

So Jonas Valančiūnas is trading Memphis BBQ:

For New Orlans jambalaya:

If he still has a hankering for BBQ ribs, there's still the Ugly Dog Saloon & BBQ in the Warehouse District just a few blocks from New Orlans' celebrated French Quarter:

There's no shortage of good eating places in New Orlans', that's for sure!

New Orleans is all about dat jazz and spicy delicious food, so I'm pretty certain Jonas will feel at home there too imo...the NBA team there is also more ambitious and serious about winning than young Memphis kids, so the potential to go deep in the playoffs is more realistic as well. All in all, this is an improvement for both Jonas and Pelicans likewise

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    New Orleans is all about dat jazz and spicy delicious food, so I'm pretty certain Jonas will feel at home there too imo...the NBA team there is also more ambitious and serious about winning than young Memphis kids, so the potential to go deep in the playoffs is more realistic as well. All in all, this is an improvement for both Jonas and Pelicans likewise
    Nothing but an expiring contract for NO. 1 year stop for JV there.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Nothing but an expiring contract for NO. 1 year stop for JV there.
    even so, it's still a an upgrade for NOP in the center position with an offensively gifted center who can continue his good run of form for another season and then hopefully sign an even better contract in free agency

I have no problem with Valančiūnas playing for the Pelicans. They're not among the teams I absolutely hate, e.g. Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers. They're actually a team I rather like. Pelicans are cool!

Memphis won the trade by far. They get No.10 pick 2021, they get top 10 pick in 2022 so they can really build even more on already impressive upcoming core (that's all what this trade is about for Memphis) and instead of JV they get Addams and even Bledsoe (well, he's meh, but whatever).

JV had perfect chemistry with his Grizzlies guys, but the club simply looks ahead, to the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Memphis won the trade by far. They get No.10 pick 2021, they get top 10 pick in 2022 so they can really build even more on already impressive upcoming core (that's all what this trade is about for Memphis) and instead of JV they get Addams and even Bledsoe (well, he's meh, but whatever).

JV had perfect chemistry with his Grizzlies guys, but the club simply looks ahead, to the future.
    Lol, Bledsoe will either get waived or traded in yet another package to another team - he won't see a single minute of court time with Memphis...as far as this trade goes, Pels got rid of two horrible contracts and actually improved in a center position, plus they will have enough cap space to sign another quality player. Pretty much all NBA analysts agree that NOP won here in a landslide

Well I'm certainly glad that Jonas Valančiūnas isn't with the Sacramento Kings which is the definition of a forgettable team. I'm much happier to see him with the Pelicans for whom I can cheer.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748