No announcement yet.

Is Tournament system in Eurobasket OK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As with most FIBA tournaments, the group stages have too many games to eliminate not enough teams, and not enough reward for finishing high in the groups. Only the top three teams from each of the second round groups should advance.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
      The Schedule is just to damn brutal!

Playing 9 games in 12 days is out of this world and it is no wonder that so many players refuse to join their NT and rather rest. If we take into account that the domestic leagues start in a few weeks after such an intense competition it is just too much for a lot of players especially if they do it a few years in a row.

IMO FIBA should start the tournament earlier like 1st of sep. and finish on the 21th. Thats a solid 3 weeks of basketball. A lot more players would want to come to the eurobasket if the schedule was kinder because they wouldn't need half a season to recuperate after it and the risk to injury would be a lot smaller.

FIBA should really look up to FIFA and UEFA and see how they do it. Just forsome perspective in the Euro 2008 the teams that reached the final played 6 games in 20 days!
      Strongly agree and support that thinking !

In 2008 Euro Spain and Germany as a finalists
      played 6 games in pace almost 4 days / game.

Of course there was no 2nd stage...but with 3 more games
      and whole tournament schedule extended to that 3 weeks,
      that would be just ideal.

I disagree with idea to cancel 2nd stage games...there are more
      positive than negative things. We see a lot of basket and much
      more better comparision between the NTs.
      Winner must put much more effort to reach 1st.

Just compare this two schedules (Euro, Eurobasket):

There is one sport organisation, which just don't know how to do his job...
      which one, is crystal clear to me.

Comment

No need for 3 weeks. Start EC in weekend, Friday or Saturday - 2-3 extra days should be enough for everybody
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
          No need for 3 weeks. Start EC in weekend, Friday or Saturday - 2-3 extra days should be enough for everybody
          Just enough to survive sure, but why rush things so fast?
          There is no time to hype up every important game, so the tournament as a whole loses momentum. The 1/4 final games are trated as crap and teams who reach it are not rewarded at all where as making it to the 1/4 is a very big thing IMO. There is no build up in momentum and hype between the second stage the 1/4 and the 1/2 finals there should be more hype about it IMO. Like Freaknick said:

Originally posted by Freaknick
          it might be nice to have a day to regroup, take stock, reflect on the previous round and then look ahead to the next match-up
          You don't have time to just sit back and really grasp what your team has accomplished with reaching the 1/4 finals for example, there is no build up of anticipation.
          My homage to The heroes:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

The problem to make the tournament longer is also for the audience. There where not so many fans at the first stages and will be even less if the whole thing will be longer.
            Maybe the first stages should be taken from hosting country and made at home of one of the NTs at each group.
            My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
              The problem to make the tournament longer is also for the audience. There where not so many fans at the first stages and will be even less if the whole thing will be longer.
              Maybe the first stages should be taken from hosting country and made at home of one of the NTs at each group.
              Or make it possible to buy tickets just for 1 game and not the whole day, that way tickets would be a lot cheaper and people would save a lot of money.
              My homage to The heroes:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by MirkoD View Post
                Strongly agree and support that thinking !

In 2008 Euro Spain and Germany as a finalists
                played 6 games in pace almost 4 days / game.

Of course there was no 2nd stage...but with 3 more games
                and whole tournament schedule extended to that 3 weeks,
                that would be just ideal.

I disagree with idea to cancel 2nd stage games...there are more
                positive than negative things. We see a lot of basket and much
                more better comparision between the NTs.
                Winner must put much more effort to reach 1st.

Just compare this two schedules (Euro, Eurobasket):

There is one sport organisation, which just don't know how to do his job...
                which one, is crystal clear to me.
                FIBA Europe has a problem that the cannot tell the NBA to make a pause at their schedule and also FIBA-world don't have enough power.
                Besides, preparations as a team right before the games are more impotent in basketball then in football, and this will require more time.
                But I agree that it would be grate if it would be possible.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

Eurobasket sistem is so bad. Semi-final do in one day , why quarter-finals can do in one day? Because fiba need some money , that why they do quarter-final in not one day.

Comment

2nd group stage should be removed and the knock-out games should last more. I mean there should be a bigger space within the different stages (quorter finals - semi finals - finals) so that the players can rest a little...

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information