Will you remember this Eurobasket in 10 years time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!! View Post
    Not that close, if you ask me. GB was ahead only one minute in the whole match and when the Spanish increased the defensive intensity after the rain of 3 pointers from the Brits, GB struggled mightly to score and at the end they lost by ten points.
    They had all momentum at that time and time was running out but Spain showed Great Britain who is the boss
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

I think that was one of the best Eurobasket ever.Because teams were in same level and results were not predictable.Any team could win against any team.That makes a difference between other Eurobaskets.
      Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
      SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
      SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
      PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
      C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

Originally posted by melizei View Post
        I think that was one of the best Eurobasket ever.Because teams were in same level and results were not predictable.Any team could win against any team.That makes a difference between other Eurobaskets.
        That is true, but the general level was low. So all of that happened but on a low note.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

I'd like to say I wont forget a thing... but already can't remember half of it due to svyturys, tyskie and okocim

organisation is not entirely a matter of Poles, but mostly Fiba... all games are still half empty due to the fact one ticket is meant for two games, while they could raise the criteria for organising eurobasket "a bit" - all from TV coverage, stadium capacity, towns selected... my worst fear would be eurobasket played in Slovenia with games played in 5000 capacity arenas, potentially 10.000 people standing outside without a ticket

quality of games wasn't as special as in some previous tournaments imo.
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

After this Eurobasket Fiba introduced some new requirements like the capacity of 4-5 star hotels in host cities. I guess this pretty much sums up how happy Fiba was with polish effort.
            Last edited by pablonis; 09-23-2009, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I wont forget the first game we had against Turkey when the lights went out in the stadium at a crucial point in the game.

Comment

I will remember it, that's for sure. Eurobasket first gold medal for Spain.

I don't think people from other countries have many reasons to remember it.

Maybe people from Great Britain (almost beat Spain, first major tournament after many years), Serbia (born of a new generation), Slovenia (good tournament, unforgetable semis) and Greece (unforgetable quarters) could remember some particular moments.

Comment

definatly nothing good to remember for us israelis, also hasnt been an exciting EB.. it was ok but nothing special

Comment

On a personnel level yes i will remember it.

The reason, because 2 Scottish GB players are former team mates of mine.
                    It was nice to be over here in Greece and be able to watch them compete against the best.

Comment

I will remember of it just because I was there.

In the final stage however, I didn't see any decent bball being played (spain excluded).

It's the system that's exhausting for the players! Please someone cancel the 2nd group stage! It's totally useless!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information