Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    What a moronic thread...

There is a rank, the tournament gave it to us.

Everything else is just flamebait and a chance from some people to exercise their hate patterns...
    You've couldn't said it better...
    Moronic indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
      What a moronic thread...

There is a rank, the tournament gave it to us.

Everything else is just flamebait and a chance from some people to exercise their hate patterns...
      Well, that's what we actually do in basketball forums, we rank players and teams, we make wrong predictions and multiple choice polls and if our team loses we blame the bad weather.
      If you don't like it you can still eat your boogers or whatever you like to do in your free time.

Comment

ranks

This year shows a miss balance among many Europeans teams

Spain was playing alone in a special level and the other teams lower than Spain

I can rank Euro2009 as following:
        First Level- Spain
        2nd Level- Serbia/Greece/France/Slovenia/Turkey/Croatia
        3rd Level- Russia/Germany/Lithuania

and the rest was below average

Imagine by how many times scores was above 20 points... This is ridiculous ..many games ..
        I noticed also many teams were coming only to participate and not to play BB
        Many teams are old.. No stars except few.. Not too many ..

But I noticed good defense from almost teams instead a week offense

Comment

1. Spain
          2. Slovenia - injuries, less rest then their two opponents twice, had the hardest groups, and still lost just 3 games - twice in overtime and once by 1 point.
          3. Serbia - also from the hardest group, but had luck getting Russia in quoter-finals.
          4. Turkey - I really didn't consider them that high before the tournament, and they didn't even win this spot, but this team had 3 toughest games in the second stage, won against the two finalists and where really close to win against Slovenia. And after these hard games they had 1 day of rest when Greece got 2.
          5. Greece - their only impressive win was vs Turkey (Slovenia's players where almost dead in the last game) and maybe Croatia (easy win)
          6. France - has a lot of talent but when Parker plays dominant PG it is a team that beats easily weak teams due to physical advantages but better teams know how to stop them. But as somebody told me, no coach would have courage to makes something different.
          7. Lithuania
          8. Croatia
          9. Russia
          10. Great Britain - had no luck to be in a group with the 3 best teams in the first round, and gave fight. Even where 3 minutes away from making the biggest upset ever. Maybe should be even higher.
          11. . Poland - without the home advantage.
          12. Germany
          13. -Israel - with Green injured we are no higher then this. Maybe could be advance due to easy group if some things would happen differently, but still, we where out-rebounded by everyone.
            - FYROM - The fans where really grate, the team made some nice things when their opponents gave them a chance but couldn't do much more.
            - Latvia
            - Bulgatia
          My Youtube channel

Comment

Both Slovenia and Greece played the whole tournament with a 7-8 player roster. Both teams played in the smallfinal tired (Bright examples, Lakovic, Spanouilis) and one won. The same one that won 2 year ago.

Greece also beat Turkey in a close game and Croatia by a wide margin.

So Greece beat Slovenia (your number two), Turkey (your number 4).

Turkey also lost games for positions 5-8. Did you rate the basketball level there too?

I dont understand what some people consider "great basketball". I really dont.

How do you define great basketball? Is it great defence? Winning mentality? Rebounding? or is it no look passes? or maybe impressive alley hoop dunks? or even behind the back assists..

Dont get me wrong both definitions are great, the first one usually is the team that wins, the second is Harlem Globetrotters.

Comment

1. How is it 7-8 roaster for Greece?
              You had full roaster available.

Slovenia had no guards. Spanulis didn't played as much as Lakovic, not even close and it doesn't matter how deep was the roaster. You also could use Calathes ever more before the semi. If you would ask who Slovania missed more Dragic or Smodish the answer will be Dragic, and that tells the story.
              Klobucar was a pure damage every second he was on the court and they still tried again and again because they desperately needed another guard that can bring the ball to the half.
              And As I said, Slovenia had tougher group and less day of rest (twice).

2. Turkey didn't need the ranking games because they already qualified to the WC as the hosters. Iliasova even didn't play on the last one.

And again, we are not talking here only about who won against who (because then we just need to look about the final standings) but evaluating the quality considering the circumstances (rest, luck with opponents etc)
              My Youtube channel

Comment

Btw, I wonder weather Lakovic mad some records in categories of playing times in N days.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
                  And As I said, Slovenia had tougher group and less day of rest (twice).
                  Slovenia played QFs same day with Greece (Friday). Then semis & 3rd place match again same day as Greece. How were they more tired that Greece was??

Also, since you brought up the guards issue, my argument is that Greece has really been playing without a true playmaker for the entire tournament.
                  The two main point guards (Pap, 3D) were out and greece had to manage with Spanoulis (who is not a PG), Zissis (again, not a PG), Kalabokis & Calathes (1st time ever in international competition) to get rolling.

I'm sure that those who know basketball will agree with me that changing a PG in your team is even more important than changing the coach. So, just the fact that Greece got a medal is quite important from that perspective.

Comment

Best Euro Team: The strongest players

Tony Parker (France) 183-G-80 San Antonio Spurs USA
                    Vassilis Spanoulis (Greece) 193-G-82 Panathinaikos Athens Greece
                    Nando De Colo (France) 202-G-87 Valencia B.C. Spain
                    Ricard Rubio (Spain) 192-G-90 Regal FC Barcelona

Milan Macvan (Seriba) 205-F/C-89 KK Hemofarm Stada Vrsac Serbia
                    Primoz Brezec (Slovenia) 216-F/C-79 Philadelphia 76ers USA
                    Felipe Reyes (Spain) 203-F/C-80 Real Madrid Spain

Pau Gasol (Spain) 214-F/C-80 Los Angeles Lakers USA
                    Sofoklis Schortsanitis (Greece) 206-C-85 Olympiakos S.F.P. Pireus Greece
                    Dmitry Sokolov (Russia) 212-C-85 CSKA Moscow Russia

Please share with me your opinions ....and If this team can beat USA Dream team

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov View Post
                      Slovenia played QFs same day with Greece (Friday). Then semis & 3rd place match again same day as Greece. How were they more tired that Greece was??

Also, since you brought up the guards issue, my argument is that Greece has really been playing without a true playmaker for the entire tournament.
                      The two main point guards (Pap, 3D) were out and greece had to manage with Spanoulis (who is not a PG), Zissis (again, not a PG), Kalabokis & Calathes (1st time ever in international competition) to get rolling.

I'm sure that those who know basketball will agree with me that changing a PG in your team is even more important than changing the coach. So, just the fact that Greece got a medal is quite important from that perspective.
                      Greece was in the group that started playing before, at the game of Greece vs Spain "finished" very quickly plus Calathes played a lot there instead while the game of Slovania vs Serbia was with OT.
                      Your team don't having a PG or a player/s who make good decisions is excellently one of your problems that make you IMO not good as the reams I mentioned before. Of course I thing Calathes will be grate maybe next time (and I will show everybody that I got a picture with him ), but he is still young and unexperienced and was very confidential in this tournament.
                      Slovenia whoever had one PG but he was extremely tired because of the system and injuries. In certain point they tried to use Lakovic less as playmaker and only to bring the ball to the half to reduce the burden from him. E.Lorbek who himself played I think not less then Spanulis (and he is a center) was taking a lot on himself not only in scoring but also in creating.

But I liked your fans very much. In Poznan in one of the games of Greeca and at the first game at Bydogoshcz I intentionally came to seat inside them. They are organised, has some leaders who control everything. I have some pictures of them that I can send to those who want and will send me their mail in PM
                      My Youtube channel

Comment

Greece was in the group that started playing before, at the game of Greece vs Spain "finished" very quickly plus Calathes played a lot there instead while the game of Slovania vs Serbia was with OT.
                        Your team don't having a PG or a player/s who make good decisions is excellently one of your problems that make you IMO not good as the reams I mentioned before. Of course I thing Calathes will be grate maybe next time (and I will show everybody that I got a picture with him ), but he is still young and unexperienced and was very confidential in this tournament.
                        Slovenia whoever had one PG but he was extremely tired because of the system and injuries. In certain point they tried to use Lakovic less as playmaker and only to bring the ball to the half to reduce the burden from him. E.Lorbek who himself played I think not less then Spanulis (and he is a center) was taking a lot on himself not only in scoring but also in creating.

But I liked your fans very much. In Poznan in one of the games of Greeca and at the first game at Bydogoshcz I intentionally came to seat inside them. They are organised, has some leaders who control everything. I have some pictures of them that I can send to those who want and will send me their mail in PM
                        I struggle to understand your point. I really do. You shift from one point to the other and back again. Slovenia and Serbia played OT but then again didnt Greecer beat Turkey in OT at the quartefinals?
                        Anyway you have obviously for some reason have made up your mind that this is how it is. OK

Comment

I don't switch, I just say it is all together.
                          Greece didn't have ideal conditions too and it wasn't fair that Spain rested more then you, but for Slovenia it was many things all together.
                          And as I explained, not getting a rest was more crucial for them.

Serbia also got a lot of luck (getting Russia after finishing 3rd in the group is better then getting a rest).
                          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Remon View Post
                            And we lost from France by only 2, your point being? Flawed system or not, like it or not, right now we're the third best team in Europe.

And yeah, you shouldn't talk about the referees.
                            why do you care, moronic thread...anway you won against france by 2pts those who watched game and not blind knows that.

greece is just awasome unlike poor guy de colo...greeks know how to win and lose when it mathers the most but quite, let nobady hear us. greek winning mentality rocks

anway moronic thread
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

I don't switch, I just say it is all together.
                              Greece didn't have ideal conditions too and it wasn't fair that Spain rested more then you, but for Slovenia it was many things all together.
                              And as I explained, not getting a rest was more crucial for them.

Serbia also got a lot of luck (getting Russia after finishing 3rd in the group is better then getting a rest).
                              Well we deserved to get easier opponent in elimination round we played two toughest groups .Even though I don't think France would stand any chance against us.Even Boris Diaw confirmed that when some of the journalist ask him are they regretting because they win against Greece.He answered we would probably loose to Serbia anyway
                              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                                Well we deserved to get easier opponent in elimination round we played two toughest groups .Even though I don't think France would stand any chance against us.Even Boris Diaw confirmed that when some of the journalist ask him are they regretting because they win against Greece.He answered we would probably loose to Serbia anyway
                                I need to remind you that Slovenia was in the same group too and took there the 1st place?
                                My Youtube channel

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information