Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rank the Eurobasket teams

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    Greece was in the group that started playing before, at the game of Greece vs Spain "finished" very quickly plus Calathes played a lot there instead while the game of Slovania vs Serbia was with OT.
    Your team don't having a PG or a player/s who make good decisions is excellently one of your problems that make you IMO not good as the reams I mentioned before. Of course I thing Calathes will be grate maybe next time (and I will show everybody that I got a picture with him ), but he is still young and unexperienced and was very confidential in this tournament.
    Slovenia whoever had one PG but he was extremely tired because of the system and injuries. In certain point they tried to use Lakovic less as playmaker and only to bring the ball to the half to reduce the burden from him. E.Lorbek who himself played I think not less then Spanulis (and he is a center) was taking a lot on himself not only in scoring but also in creating.

But I liked your fans very much. In Poznan in one of the games of Greeca and at the first game at Bydogoshcz I intentionally came to seat inside them. They are organised, has some leaders who control everything. I have some pictures of them that I can send to those who want and will send me their mail in PM
    I struggle to understand your point. I really do. You shift from one point to the other and back again. Slovenia and Serbia played OT but then again didnt Greecer beat Turkey in OT at the quartefinals?
    Anyway you have obviously for some reason have made up your mind that this is how it is. OK

I don't switch, I just say it is all together.
    Greece didn't have ideal conditions too and it wasn't fair that Spain rested more then you, but for Slovenia it was many things all together.
    And as I explained, not getting a rest was more crucial for them.

Serbia also got a lot of luck (getting Russia after finishing 3rd in the group is better then getting a rest).

Quote Originally Posted by Remon View Post
    And we lost from France by only 2, your point being? Flawed system or not, like it or not, right now we're the third best team in Europe.

And yeah, you shouldn't talk about the referees.
    why do you care, moronic thread...anway you won against france by 2pts those who watched game and not blind knows that.

greece is just awasome unlike poor guy de colo...greeks know how to win and lose when it mathers the most but quite, let nobady hear us. greek winning mentality rocks

anway moronic thread
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

I don't switch, I just say it is all together.
    Greece didn't have ideal conditions too and it wasn't fair that Spain rested more then you, but for Slovenia it was many things all together.
    And as I explained, not getting a rest was more crucial for them.

Serbia also got a lot of luck (getting Russia after finishing 3rd in the group is better then getting a rest).
    Well we deserved to get easier opponent in elimination round we played two toughest groups .Even though I don't think France would stand any chance against us.Even Boris Diaw confirmed that when some of the journalist ask him are they regretting because they win against Greece.He answered we would probably loose to Serbia anyway
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    Well we deserved to get easier opponent in elimination round we played two toughest groups .Even though I don't think France would stand any chance against us.Even Boris Diaw confirmed that when some of the journalist ask him are they regretting because they win against Greece.He answered we would probably loose to Serbia anyway
    I need to remind you that Slovenia was in the same group too and took there the 1st place?

I need to remind you that Slovenia was in the same group too and took there the 1st place?
    Its not like Slovenia got very difficult opponent in the quarter-finals(after all Russia that we played against managed to beat that same Croatians who were my first pick for our quarter-finals opponent along with France). They put in a lot more efforts than expected to beat them? Their problem. In the semi-finals they lost against us,their direct opponent for the finals, in a great match,in which both sides gave their best.
    That would be it. And that talks...who had more luck/who had less luck or as we say " sta bi bilo kad bi bilo" are far-fetched.

I wish we played Croatia in elimination round

Quote Originally Posted by RAWAD View Post
    1- spain
    2- greece
    3- serbia
    4- france
    5- slovenia
    6- lithuania
    7- croatia
    8- italy
    9- russia
    10-turkey
    11- germany
    lol. just lol.
    "I like a sports person being smart, fit and at the same time, having moral values." - M.K.Atatürk

Quote Originally Posted by serbov View Post
    Its not like Slovenia got very difficult opponent in the quarter-finals(after all Russia that we played against managed to beat that same Croatians who were my first pick for our quarter-finals opponent along with France). They put in a lot more efforts than expected to beat them? Their problem. In the semi-finals they lost against us,their direct opponent for the finals, in a great match,in which both sides gave their best.
    That would be it. And that talks...who had more luck/who had less luck or as we say " sta bi bilo kad bi bilo" are far-fetched.
    and same croatia manage to beat same russia few days latter in more inportant game and that only proves that this is pointless thread
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    I wish we played Croatia in elimination round
    me to
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    and same croatia manage to beat same russia few days latter in more inportant game and that only proves that this is pointless thread
    That was whole different match. In the group phase both teams had certain imperative of the win(especially Russia) and that 2nd match...no matter which team had lost, it probably would have gotten wild card for the WC(so I think that their group game was lot more important).
    But I do agree that this is pointless thread.Why? Because there was only one dominant team in this Eurobasket-Spain. Then there were 3-4 teams of pretty much the same quality which were separated only by nuances. I do not think that nuances are visible to the eye of average basketball fan. That nuances are reflected in final standing.Trying to rank them in any other way is pointless.

Official rankings of the last Eurobasket are on Fiba web page

Quote Originally Posted by serbov View Post
    That was whole different match. In the group phase both teams had certain imperative of the win(especially Russia) and that 2nd match...no matter which team had lost, it probably would have gotten wild card for the WC(so I think that their group game was lot more important).
    But I do agree that this is pointless thread.Why? Because there was only one dominant team in this Eurobasket-Spain. Then there were 3-4 teams of pretty much the same quality which were separated only by nuances. I do not think that nuances are visible to the eye of average basketball fan. That nuances are reflected in final standing.Trying to rank them in any other way is pointless.
    remember Podgorica and Belegrade and 7th team?

1. game do or die for russia
    2. game do or die for bouth teams

anway all this is high philosophy comparison with lot's what if's, this grop, that group etc.

Spain, Serbia, Greece, SLovenia, France, Croatia, Russia, Turkey..............
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Default 1.- Spain2.- France3.- Turkey4.- Slovenia5.- Greece6.- Serbia

1. Spain
    2. France
    3. Slovenia
    4. Serbia
    5. Turkey
    6. Greece
    7. Croatia
    8. Russia
    9. Poland
    10. Republic of Macedonia
    11. Lithuania
    12. Germany
    14. Great Britain
    15. Israel
    16. Latvia
    17. Bulgaria

Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    1. Spain
    2. France
    3. Slovenia
    4. Serbia
    5. Turkey
    6. Greece
    7. Croatia
    8. Russia
    9. Poland
    10. Republic of Macedonia
    11. Lithuania
    12. Germany
    14. Great Britain
    15. Israel
    16. Latvia
    17. Bulgaria
    don't rename FYROM as macedonia...and what's with the republic???? as if the rest of the countries are dictatorships or something....

1-Spain
    2-Serbia
    3-Slovenia
    4-France
    5-Greece

1.Spain
    2.Serbia
    3.Slovenia
    4.Greece
    5.Turkey
    6.France

Those were the top teams I saw

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikov View Post
    don't rename FYROM as macedonia...and what's with the republic???? as if the rest of the countries are dictatorships or something....
    I don't speak Macedonian but I do know that their official name is Република Македонија, or the romanized form Republika Makedonija, which according to Google translator means Republic of Macedonia

now, if you wanna whine about it please go here : http://forums.interbasket.net/f10/gr...t-do-the-2099/

Note: another option would be to sue Google Inc.

I just can't see no point in this conversation.....10 days after the end of the Eurobasket, groundless rankings are expressed....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast