Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Eurobasket teams VS Euroleague teams

  1. #41
    Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    620
    Country: Tenerife

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Son_of_a Turk is right though.I hadn't noticed before how poor of a ballhandler Rudy is.Most of the times he tried to put the ball on the floor it led to mistakes.Explains why he's mostly a 3 point shooter in NBA.
    If by mistake you mean dunk, then you are right. Tukoglu, on the other hand averaged almost 3 turnovers per game and that includes very low intensity games like the battle for the 7th place.

  2. #42

    Default

    Please, dont try to compare rudy with turkoglu and Okur. Turkoglu and Okur are all-star caliber players. Fernandez is a good player, he is still young (25) but he will never be an all-star player in the NBA. He can shoot, he is a very good scorer, he can jump and dunk the ball, but he is not as talented as Hedo or Okur.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Point_Guard View Post
    Please, dont try to compare rudy with turkoglu and Okur. Turkoglu and Okur are all-star caliber players. Fernandez is a good player, he is still young (25) but he will never be an all-star player in the NBA. He can shoot, he is a very good scorer, he can jump and dunk the ball, but he is not as talented as Hedo or Okur.
    Absolutelly true.

  4. #44
    Senior Member warface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Point_Guard View Post
    Please, dont try to compare rudy with turkoglu and Okur. Turkoglu and Okur are all-star caliber players. Fernandez is a good player, he is still young (25) but he will never be an all-star player in the NBA. He can shoot, he is a very good scorer, he can jump and dunk the ball, but he is not as talented as Hedo or Okur.
    right

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Okur is by no means all-star caliber player, and Turkoglu so so.

    I agree that Rudy is not a good ballhandler though, specially with his left hand he can barely bounce it twice in a row, that's his biggest flaw.

  6. #46
    Senior Member warface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penzias View Post
    Okur is by no means all-star caliber player, and Turkoglu so so.

    I agree that Rudy is not a good ballhandler though, specially with his left hand he can barely bounce it twice in a row, that's his biggest flaw.
    u might be joke okur named all-star and hedo must have been named

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warface View Post
    u might be joke okur named all-star and hedo must have been named
    So did Jamal Magloire, and Mo Williams, and Theo Ratliff, and Tyrone Hill, and the list goes on.
    Being nominated in a single all-star does not turn you in an all-star caliber player.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    620
    Country: Tenerife

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penzias View Post
    I agree that Rudy is not a good ballhandler though, specially with his left hand he can barely bounce it twice in a row, that's his biggest flaw.
    Not true

  9. #49
    Senior Member melizei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kocaeli,Turkey
    Posts
    296
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penzias View Post
    So did Jamal Magloire, and Mo Williams, and Theo Ratliff, and Tyrone Hill, and the list goes on.
    Being nominated in a single all-star does not turn you in an all-star caliber player.

    You are saying that playing in all-star game doesn't make a player in all-star caliber?What should they do for being in all-star caliber? Memo is not like players as you said.Magloire,Ratliff played good just a season and they became an all-star.I suggest you to look Memo's statistics.Did he play good just a season?

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mehmet...eer_stats.html


    And comparing Rudy to Hedo and Memo?Are you kidding me? Read this news

    http://dimemag.com/2009/07/rudy-fern...rtland-rumors/

    Rudy accepts that Hedo is better than him.But you are not accepting.
    Turkish National Team in 2016

    PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Ízmızrak
    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melizei View Post
    You are saying that playing in all-star game doesn't make a player in all-star caliber?What should they do for being in all-star caliber? Memo is not like players as you said.Magloire,Ratliff played good just a season and they became an all-star.I suggest you to look Memo's statistics.Did he play good just a season?

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mehmet...eer_stats.html


    And comparing Rudy to Hedo and Memo?Are you kidding me? Read this news

    http://dimemag.com/2009/07/rudy-fern...rtland-rumors/

    Rudy accepts that Hedo is better than him.But you are not accepting.
    Personally I would take Rudy over Hedo any time

  11. #51
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,645
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morente View Post
    Very good player, would be stars for any euroleague team. But I think they wouldn't dominate as Gasol, Bryant, Nowitzki would.

    Add Rudy to PAO, and you'll get a better team; add Gasol or Nowitzki to PAO, and well, you can imagine what could happen. Probably they would destroy every other team.

    Maybe I am wrong, but I really think it would be that way.
    Do you know that the last seasons there were rumors that PAO was interesting in Rudy?
    And this year it seems that Dirk sayed that he would love to come to PAO if not this summer next year..
    So you ll never know

    nice topic by the way so my opinion is that teams like PAO,CSKA,BARCA would be top favorites to win eurobasket along with Gasol s Spain.All these euroleague teams have the tools to stop (in a way) PAU and qualify against them.Ofcourse Spain would be a heavy favorite too.So i consider both 4 teams in the same level.
    From there i would put as candidates also REAL,MTA,OLY,SIENA,BASKONIA which probably would make big things as well.All those 8 teams are in a very high level and surely except Spain no other NT can reach (i mean from this specific eurobasket not hypothetically)
    I am not mention Khimki,Malaga and Ulker very good level as well.
    So without question Euroleague level especially this year is much much higher than Eurobasket with or without stars
    Last edited by CG; 09-23-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

  12. #52

    Default

    It is really difficult to compare players like Rudy, Turkoglu and Okur. Different ages, different situations, diferent positions...

    I don't see them in different leagues, obviously Okur and Turkoglu are more experienced and veteran players, but Rudy has a great future and have shown more playing at international and euroleague level.

    I like Turkoglu game so much, but it took him 5 years on the NBA to produce slightly better numbers than Rudy is posting right now. But anyway, I think he is a player that is better than what his stats show, and now in his prime will be a great addition to Toronto that can take them to a different level cause he provides something they lacked badly last season.

    On the other hand, Okur is a player I don't like so much for his game but really posted great numbers in Utah. Maybe if he played as power forward with a banger center inside his weakness could be more hidden; playing with Boozer and Millsap doesn't help him. I consider his all star appearence well deserved and not on the same level as Magloire or Ratliff.

    When I mentioned them earlier in this thread I was not saying that they aren't good players, just that they wouldn't impact an Euroleague team the same way a Gasol or a Nowitzky really would. Just look at how they have played for Turkish NT, when they were together team was really worse, and this year that only Hedo has been playing he wasn't a key factor for them. They are obviously not difference makers in international level.

    Maybe I have been wrong writing the name of 2 turkish players, since there are many that would be great additions for an Euroleague team but not making that difference, which was my point.

    And I still think that Eurobasket > Euroleague, maybe this Eurobasket has been a bad example because team have not been very lucky recruiting their stars, but put the best NT that any of the top 8 team this Eurobasket could put together, make them play together for a year with a decent coach in Euroleague, and I guarantee you that they will be at least 6 of the top 8 teams.

    Just 2 examples:

    Spain:

    PG: Calderon, Ricky, Lopez
    SG: Navarro, Llull
    SF: Rudy, Mumbr˙
    PF: Garbajosa, Vazquez
    C: Gasol, Marc, Reyes

    Slovenia:

    PG: B. Udrih, Lakovic
    SG: Dragic, Vujacic
    SF: Nachbar, D. Lorbek, Milic
    PF: Smodis, Slokar
    C: E. Lorbek, Nesterovic, Brezec

    Serbia:

    PG: Teodosic, Vujanic
    SG: Rakocevic, Tripkovic
    SF: Stojakovic, Pavlovic, Tepic
    PF: Radmanovic, Velickovic, Macvan
    C: Krstic, Milicic

    Post me an Euroleague team that could beat those teams or recruit that kind of players.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    620
    Country: Tenerife

    Default

    But there are Euroleague teams that look like Eurobasket dream teams. For example Barša has Rubio, Navarro, Lakovic, Ilyasova and Lorbek. And we are not counting their American stars. The talent pool for the reachest Euroleague teams is bigger than the one for second tier Eurobasket countries, IMO.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morente View Post
    It is really difficult to compare players like Rudy, Turkoglu and Okur. Different ages, different situations, diferent positions...

    I don't see them in different leagues, obviously Okur and Turkoglu are more experienced and veteran players, but Rudy has a great future and have shown more playing at international and euroleague level.

    I like Turkoglu game so much, but it took him 5 years on the NBA to produce slightly better numbers than Rudy is posting right now. But anyway, I think he is a player that is better than what his stats show, and now in his prime will be a great addition to Toronto that can take them to a different level cause he provides something they lacked badly last season.

    On the other hand, Okur is a player I don't like so much for his game but really posted great numbers in Utah. Maybe if he played as power forward with a banger center inside his weakness could be more hidden; playing with Boozer and Millsap doesn't help him. I consider his all star appearence well deserved and not on the same level as Magloire or Ratliff.

    When I mentioned them earlier in this thread I was not saying that they aren't good players, just that they wouldn't impact an Euroleague team the same way a Gasol or a Nowitzky really would. Just look at how they have played for Turkish NT, when they were together team was really worse, and this year that only Hedo has been playing he wasn't a key factor for them. They are obviously not difference makers in international level.

    Maybe I have been wrong writing the name of 2 turkish players, since there are many that would be great additions for an Euroleague team but not making that difference, which was my point.

    And I still think that Eurobasket > Euroleague, maybe this Eurobasket has been a bad example because team have not been very lucky recruiting their stars, but put the best NT that any of the top 8 team this Eurobasket could put together, make them play together for a year with a decent coach in Euroleague, and I guarantee you that they will be at least 6 of the top 8 teams.

    Just 2 examples:

    Spain:

    PG: Calderon, Ricky, Lopez
    SG: Navarro, Llull
    SF: Rudy, Mumbr˙
    PF: Garbajosa, Vazquez
    C: Gasol, Marc, Reyes

    Slovenia:

    PG: B. Udrih, Lakovic
    SG: Dragic, Vujacic
    SF: Nachbar, D. Lorbek, Milic
    PF: Smodis, Slokar
    C: E. Lorbek, Nesterovic, Brezec

    Serbia:

    PG: Teodosic, Vujanic
    SG: Rakocevic, Tripkovic
    SF: Stojakovic, Pavlovic, Tepic
    PF: Radmanovic, Velickovic, Macvan
    C: Krstic, Milicic

    Post me an Euroleague team that could beat those teams or recruit that kind of players.
    PAO and OSFP can beat Serbia(without Peja) and Slovenia.

  15. #55
    Senior Member robbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!! View Post
    But there are Euroleague teams that look like Eurobasket dream teams. For example Barša has Rubio, Navarro, Lakovic, Ilyasova and Lorbek. And we are not counting their American stars. The talent pool for the reachest Euroleague teams is bigger than the one for second tier Eurobasket countries, IMO.
    Exactly. It is also bigger than for most [not all] top tier Eurobasket teams.

    It is also a paradox that Morente mentions the chemistry issues Turkey had when both Okur and Turkoglu were playing, and then posts the "full-strength" Slovenia and Serbia rosters, including guys like Vujacic, Milicic, Rakocevic, Radmanovic etc., as examples of strong Eurobasket teams.

    For me, Spain and maybe Lithuania at full strength [which, being realistic, won't happen with Siskauskas retired, Ilgauskas never there, Macijauskas injured and Saras getting old] would be elite title contenders on the same level as the elite Euroleague powerhouses.

  16. #56
    Senior Member rayo1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    160
    Country: Poland

    Default

    i think: eurobasket < nba < euroleague

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    Exactly. It is also bigger than for most [not all] top tier Eurobasket teams.

    It is also a paradox that Morente mentions the chemistry issues Turkey had when both Okur and Turkoglu were playing, and then posts the "full-strength" Slovenia and Serbia rosters, including guys like Vujacic, Milicic, Rakocevic, Radmanovic etc., as examples of strong Eurobasket teams.

    For me, Spain and maybe Lithuania at full strength [which, being realistic, won't happen with Siskauskas retired, Ilgauskas never there, Macijauskas injured and Saras getting old] would be elite title contenders on the same level as the elite Euroleague powerhouses.
    Serbia wouldnt be a Euroleague title contender with Stojakovic,Radmanovic,healthy Vujanic,Milicic,Rakocevic,Kecman ???
    Maybe we would even take Obradovic as our coach

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    He holds the record for most made threepoints as rookie.

    Let's compare their stats in their 1st NBA season:

    Rudy: 25 mpg, 10.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2 apg
    Hedo:17 mpg, 5.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1 apg
    Okur: 19 mpg, 6.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1 apg

    We can clearly see that Okur and Hedo are much better. In fact, why does Rudy even play basketball? After watching Okur and Hedo playing he sohuld retire due to shame.

    But only in NBA, because in Eurobaskets they are his bitches


    Okur is way better than Rudy. It's not even a discussion. Hedo and Rudy is more debatable. Hedo is more talented and that is without any doubt, but I would rather have Rudy on my team. Hedo loses just as many games as he wins, if not more. But certainly he is a lot more skilled than Rudy.

    I don't think you can even compare Okur and Rudy. Okur is just way better.

  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morente View Post
    And I still think that Eurobasket > Euroleague, maybe this Eurobasket has been a bad example because team have not been very lucky recruiting their stars, but put the best NT that any of the top 8 team this Eurobasket could put together, make them play together for a year with a decent coach in Euroleague, and I guarantee you that they will be at least 6 of the top 8 teams.
    Just 2 examples:

    Spain:

    PG: Calderon, Ricky, Lopez
    SG: Navarro, Llull
    SF: Rudy, Mumbr˙
    PF: Garbajosa, Vazquez
    C: Gasol, Marc, Reyes

    Slovenia:

    PG: B. Udrih, Lakovic
    SG: Dragic, Vujacic
    SF: Nachbar, D. Lorbek, Milic
    PF: Smodis, Slokar
    C: E. Lorbek, Nesterovic, Brezec

    Serbia:

    PG: Teodosic, Vujanic
    SG: Rakocevic, Tripkovic
    SF: Stojakovic, Pavlovic, Tepic
    PF: Radmanovic, Velickovic, Macvan
    C: Krstic, Milicic

    Post me an Euroleague team that could beat those teams or recruit that kind of players.
    Exactly. I believe, that added NBA pool of players in NTs is crucial.
    They give a lot of quality.
    That is BIG difference between Euroleague and Eurobasket.

    Recipe for Slovenia:
    just add some really good coach (ouyes...i dream Obradovic )
    and you have team, to be true contester for 1st place.
    Eurobasket or Euroleague .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •