No announcement yet.

Eurobasket teams VS Euroleague teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one dominates in the Euroleague. And that would include Kobe and anyone else. It's not like the NBA where one player has 90% of all calls on offense just for him.

Comment

Err...really hard question, but I would go for Eurobasket teams. Yes, top Euroleague teams has 2 or 3 super stars and a pretty long bench, but such teams like Spain, Lithuania, Slovenia, Serbia (if they would take all their best) have a full roster of really quality players. Did you see the team of Gasol, Navarro, Calderon, Rudy, Garbajosa in Euroleague (and the worst player is Lull, one of the leaders of Real Madrid?)? Or Šaras, Šiškauskas, Macijauskas, Šombergas, Songaila? I don't think so. Top national teams can bring the most talent that could not do any Euroleague team.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Morente View Post
        Very good player, would be stars for any euroleague team. But I think they wouldn't dominate as Gasol, Bryant, Nowitzki would.

Add Rudy to PAO, and you'll get a better team; add Gasol or Nowitzki to PAO, and well, you can imagine what could happen. Probably they would destroy every other team.

Maybe I am wrong, but I really think it would be that way.
        of course nowitzki,kobe bigger star it is true

Comment

This is a pointless discussion since most of the Eurobasket players play for a Euroleague team. I would go with the Eurobasket teams though cause money cant buy that.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Err...really hard question, but I would go for Eurobasket teams. Yes, top Euroleague teams has 2 or 3 super stars and a pretty long bench, but such teams like Spain, Lithuania, Slovenia, Serbia (if they would take all their best) have a full roster of really quality players. Did you see the team of Gasol, Navarro, Calderon, Rudy, Garbajosa in Euroleague (and the worst player is Lull, one of the leaders of Real Madrid?)? Or Šaras, Šiškauskas, Macijauskas, Šombergas, Songaila? I don't think so. Top national teams can bring the most talent that could not do any Euroleague team.

I'm talking about this Eurobasket. And the players you' ve mentioned belonged to winning teams of the Eurobasket. In any case, Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Pekovic, Batiste, Nicholas, Fotsis, Tepic, Tsartsaris coached by Obradovic would give the above teams a good run for their money. Gasol is the difference of these teams.
            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
              I'm talking about this Eurobasket. And the players you' ve mentioned belonged to winning teams of the Eurobasket. In any case, Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Pekovic, Batiste, Nicholas, Fotsis, Tepic, Tsartsaris coached by Obradovic would give the above teams a good run for their money. Gasol is the difference of these teams.
              Definitely they would. BTW, IMHO Gasol is not that big factor as people seems to see him. Spain is great when their guards run as hell and they shoot well and find him well. It's just that this Eurobasket was out of teams that could give them a good fight at the end.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I don't agree at all.

First of all, I think Spain would demolish every Euroleague team. They are so talented and have Pau Gasol, that would dominate almost every team.

Also I would say, add a healthy Pau Gasol to any Euroleague top team, and I think that team would dominate as well...

Also, remove Pau gasol from Spain and they would be on a similar level than the Euroleague top teams.

And when I say Pau Gasol I can say any major star from the NBA. Not good role players as Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur..., I am talking about real stars like Nowitzki, Gasol, Bryant...

In some sense I agree with you, a national team with no superstars would be at best on the same level where top Euroleague teams are.

Call Turkoglu and Okur whatever you want. You can call them stars or very good role players, but they are definitely on a higher level than Fernandez, especially Turkoglu...

Comment

I don't agree at all.

First of all, I think Spain would demolish every Euroleague team. They are so talented and have Pau Gasol, that would dominate almost every team.

Also I would say, add a healthy Pau Gasol to any Euroleague top team, and I think that team would dominate as well...

Also, remove Pau gasol from Spain and they would be on a similar level than the Euroleague top teams.

And when I say Pau Gasol I can say any major star from the NBA. Not good role players as Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur..., I am talking about real stars like Nowitzki, Gasol, Bryant...

In some sense I agree with you, a national team with no superstars would be at best on the same level where top Euroleague teams are.
                  I would really like to see Pau against Peković,even Milicic:I am not so sure he would dominate.Pau is a great player but he is not neither he will ever be the best center in the world.Thats for sure.
                  Originally posted by Stardusted
                  It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

Lakers without Kobe and with Pau on roster would not be a very serious NBA team.Certainly not the title contender.

Comment

Turkoglu is definitely a star.He proved so this year with Orlando.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                        Lakers without Kobe and with Pau on roster would not be a very serious NBA team.Certainly not the title contender.
                        You can say the same for any NBA team without their best player.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
                          I disagree. Overall I think the EuroBasket is stronger. Granted a team like PAO would probably beat the Spanish national team, but you can't just go by the level of the teams at the top. The Euroleague becomes a lot more predictable I think where you can almost pick the final four correctly before each season. Much harder to do that in the EuroBasket.
                          Last 3 Eurobaskets, 9 different teams made it to the final four.
                          Last 3 Euroleagues, 8 different teams made it to the final four
                          Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
                          No one dominates in the Euroleague. And that would include Kobe and anyone else. It's not like the NBA where one player has 90% of all calls on offense just for him.
                          Maccabi, CSKA and Panathinaikos never dominated Euroleague NEVER. It is a myth.

Anyway, I think the most direct and realistic comparison can be made through Panathinaikos-Greece NT

Both teams have 3 players in common. Spanoulis, Perperoglou, Fotsis and if you add Calathes 4.

Panathinaikos won the Euroleague with a 12 men squad and Greek NT won the bronze medal with just 3-4 of those 12.

If we replace some or all Greece NT players with the likes of Saras, Pekovic, Batiste, Nicholas, Diamantides etc I think Greece would do much better. Not neccesarily beat Spain (I think Spain would beat PAO in fact) but make the final and put up a hard fight.

Damn, add only Diamantides and Tsartsaris and you get yourself a better team in any case.

Therefore I vote Euroleague>Eurobasket.
                          Last edited by ArkadiosV2; 09-21-2009, 10:48 PM.

Originally posted by parso
                          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                          Originally posted by sseppel
                          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Funny, France only lost one game and they came up 5th.U shouldn't have beaten the Greeks .Thow u didn't play Slovenia or Serbia.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                              Very true. But, do you remember where Kobe and the lakers were before Pau arrived? After Shaq left LA, Kobe and the lakers were unable to reach the second round in the Play offs.

On the other hand, Turkoglu and Okur are much better players than Fernández.

Comment

Originally posted by Point_Guard View Post
                                Very true. But, do you remember where Kobe and the lakers were before Pau arrived? After Shaq left LA, Kobe and the lakers were unable to reach the second round in the Play offs.
                                Don't make up facts. Lakers never played in playoffs that year.

Originally posted by parso
                                Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                                Originally posted by sseppel
                                it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                                Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                                Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information