Eurobasket teams VS Euroleague teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket teams VS Euroleague teams

Now the Eurobasket tournament is over, I want to comment on the basketball level played in Poland.

Personally I don't think it represents European basketball at its best. Except Spain, no other team would have made it in the Euroleague Final Four.

IMO, Spain would be one of the favourites to take the Euroleague crown, but I also think that teams like Pao, Barca,Messina's CSKA, Oly have much better chances in beating a good playing Spain than all other NT's of this tournament.

Some of the teams which have made it in the top 8 of Eurobasket, would not make it in the top 8 of the Euroleague.Teams like Siena are much better than say, Russia.

Moreover, If you look at the list of absentees on this Eurobasket, it is an absolute joke.

Euroleague > Eurobasket
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

I agree 100% but don't forget maccabi on that list of teams could beat top eurobasket NTs

Comment

I disagree. Overall I think the EuroBasket is stronger. Granted a team like PAO would probably beat the Spanish national team, but you can't just go by the level of the teams at the top. The Euroleague becomes a lot more predictable I think where you can almost pick the final four correctly before each season. Much harder to do that in the EuroBasket.

Comment

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
        I agree 100% but don't forget maccabi on that list of teams could beat top eurobasket NTs
        I think Maccabi could medal at the Eurobasket.

Comment

I don't agree at all.

First of all, I think Spain would demolish every Euroleague team. They are so talented and have Pau Gasol, that would dominate almost every team.

Also I would say, add a healthy Pau Gasol to any Euroleague top team, and I think that team would dominate as well...

Also, remove Pau gasol from Spain and they would be on a similar level than the Euroleague top teams.

And when I say Pau Gasol I can say any major star from the NBA. Not good role players as Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur..., I am talking about real stars like Nowitzki, Gasol, Bryant...

In some sense I agree with you, a national team with no superstars would be at best on the same level where top Euroleague teams are.

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
            I disagree. Overall I think the EuroBasket is stronger. Granted a team like PAO would probably beat the Spanish national team, but you can't just go by the level of the teams at the top. The Euroleague becomes a lot more predictable I think where you can almost pick the final four correctly before each season. Much harder to do that in the EuroBasket.
            Wrong. The Eurobasket being less predictable does not mean the Eurobasket. Can you imagine FYROM beating a top-8 Euroleague team like they beat Russia? Not a chance.

BTW, I don't think the Euroleague is predictable. Perhaps there are three or four teams which are a little bit better than number five to ten, but in the end the level is very high. Efes Pilsen is better than Turkey, just like Pao is stronger than this years Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Morente View Post
              I don't agree at all.

First of all, I think Spain would demolish every Euroleague team. They are so talented and have Pau Gasol, that would dominate almost every team.

Also I would say, add a healthy Pau Gasol to any Euroleague top team, and I think that team would dominate as well...

Also, remove Pau gasol from Spain and they would be on a similar level than the Euroleague top teams.

And when I say Pau Gasol I can say any major star from the NBA. Not good role players as Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur..., I am talking about real stars like Nowitzki, Gasol, Bryant...

In some sense I agree with you, a national team with no superstars would be at best on the same level where top Euroleague teams are.
              Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur not real star?

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                I think Maccabi could medal at the Eurobasket.
                maccabi built a great team this year, smart players, offensive style of play, almost no ego, no "big star" get paid alot more then others, versatile players and high level bench players (comparing to last seasons) but thats not the polace to talk about maccabi

Comment

ı think efes pilsen a big candiate for f4 this year may be champ,they have good roster

Comment

Originally posted by Morente View Post
                    I don't agree at all.

I didn't say that Spain would NOT win the Euroleague, but demolish them?? I don't think so. I think that Spain with Gasol, would be the favorite to win the Euroleague and that Spain without Gasol would be just one of the favorites.

In any case, I don't think that Spain would demolish Pao, CSKA, Barca like they did some other teams in this Eurobasket. These teams have twelve high level players to throw at you.

Comment

Considering that PAO consists of superstars from several Eurobasket nations [that didn't participate in this tournament], plus one of the most dominant big men on the continent as well as a couple of very good Americans, it is hard to see them not being an elite team on Eurobasket level. The same goes for 08/09 CSKA. Holden + Langdon + Siskauskas + Smodis + Lorbek + Planinic + Zisis + Planininc etc. coached by Messina wouldn't be a Eurobasket top contender? Lol ...

Comment

yes real madrid really strong roster and coach,they can reach f4 easily

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                          Considering that PAO consists of superstars from several Eurobasket nations [and didn't participate in this tournament], plus one of the most dominant big men on the continent as well as a couple of very good Americans, it is hard to see them not being an elite team on Eurobasket level. The same goes for 08/09 CSKA. Holden + Langdon + Siskauskas + Smodis + Lorbek + Planinic + Zisis + Planininc etc. coached by Messina wouldn't be a Eurobasket top contender? Lol ...
                          My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                            Now the Eurobasket tournament is over, I want to comment on the basketball level played in Poland.

Personally I don't think it represents European basketball at its best. Except Spain, no other team would have made it in the Euroleague Final Four.

Euroleague > Eurobasket
                            Without any doubt .

I mean BB is a team game, so the guys who play together for the whole season should play better then the guys who play hardly for a month.

Comment

Rudy, Turkoglu, Okur not real star?
                              Very good player, would be stars for any euroleague team. But I think they wouldn't dominate as Gasol, Bryant, Nowitzki would.

Add Rudy to PAO, and you'll get a better team; add Gasol or Nowitzki to PAO, and well, you can imagine what could happen. Probably they would destroy every other team.

Maybe I am wrong, but I really think it would be that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information