Spain NT 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spain NT 2010

Without Gasol (probably), are they capable to win the WC 2010?
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

No. But maybe Gasol will play. Even if he does, the US would still be the main favorites.

Comment

I think its time to make some big changes in the NT. No Garbajosa, nor Raul Lopez, neither Mumbru and Cabezas.

Its time to think about the future and give a chance to those young players like Pablo Aguilar, Carlos Suarez, Xavi Rabaseda ( keep this name in your mind!! ) Sergio Rodríguez, Victor Claver, LLull, Ricky, maybe Fran Vazquez if he wants, Triguero if he quits going out every single night... but i really dont think Spain could win another WC without Pau.

Comment

Originally posted by Useless View Post
        I think its time to make some big changes in the NT. No Garbajosa, nor Raul Lopez, neither Mumbru and Cabezas.

Its time to think about the future and give a chance to those young players like Pablo Aguilar, Carlos Suarez, Xavi Rabaseda ( keep this name in your mind!! ) Sergio Rodríguez, Victor Claver, LLull, Ricky, maybe Fran Vazquez if he wants, Triguero if he quits going out every single night... but i really dont think Spain could win another WC without Pau.

Pau was the difference maker between spain and the rest. without him usa is the favorite and all other medals are fully open. About Rabaseda we already saw him at the u20 EB and he's gonna be great
        sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Originally posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
          If Gasol is Ok, he will play for sure. Think USA Team will likely bring Le Bron, Kobe, Wade,... how can Lakers say no to Gasol?

He won´t play next Eurobasket but I think London will be his last appearance with the NT.

Time to Suarez, Blanco and Vazquez?? We´ll see but I´d like to see Fran as PF and Pau as C

PS: I´m noob here, who are spanish "friends" and who "enemys"??? Update me, I´m ready to get going

Comment

Originally posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
            If the US brings a team like that of the Olympics no, if they send a weaker team (without LeBron & Kobe) maybe, and i'd also give some chances to Argentina, Lithuania or Greece. But anyway i still believe Gasol will likely play.
            Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
            You are a troll.

Comment

I dont know what will happen but they need a good coach to pull the strings with a team on a big high and rotate new players more.

I don't like this Spanish team but i am happy for this generation they have done remarkable especially i am happy for Navarro...

All the best at WC
              SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
              sigpic

Comment

Hi guys

The problem with our future prospects is that we don´t have a powerful center coming from the youth scheme in the near future,we have power forwards (Jodar,Aguilar...) forwards ( Rabaseda,Blanco...) point guards ( Ribas,el chacho Rodriguez...) but we don´t have a Center to replace Pau ( Marc aside ) ...Fran Vazquez is an empty headed player,Triguero is a night owl ( he likes to go out from time to time ) ,Edu Hernandez ( he was the clear candidate to replace Gasol but he got lost somewhere along the way and it´s too soft )...I´m waiting for Mamadou Samb like crazy cause he´s gonna be a decissive player in the near future.

Regards

Ps: Mirotic´s expressed his wish to play for Spain and so has Olesson.

Comment

I think Gasol will play until 2012 olympics, maybe not in Lithuania, but I am sure he will play worlds and olympics if not injured.

Spain will be basically the same team it is right now, I don't see any player refusing to play the NT and only injuries would affect them. After 2012 I expect a major revolution, and all the golden juniors (Gasol, Lopez, Calderón, Navarro, Cabezas, Berni and Reyes) and Mumbrú to retire from NT. Garbajosa would leave before, probably after worlds.

That surely means that after that a revolution would need to take place. We don't have many young stars as other teams have, but I am sure we could still build a very interesting team. And maybe, for 2014 world championship in Madrid some of our old stars decide to take their last chance to play with Spain. Believe me, when Pau retires this team will never be the same and we will remember them for all our lifes as the best Spanish team ever.

And speculating a little, because who knows what could happen, I could see this team playing for Spain after 2012:

Rubio, Rodriguez, Llull
                  Fernandez, Blanco
                  San Emeterio, Tomás
                  Claver, Aguilar, Sonseca
                  M. Gasol, Vázquez

Possibilities: Sada, Ribas, Suarez

Not bad at all, and surely we could find another player still unknown to be a powerhouse (Adriá Gasol...)

Comment

Ps: Mirotic´s expressed his wish to play for Spain and so has Olesson.
                    I really wish we never see players like Oleson or Mirotic playing for Spain. If with our player we can't compete, i prefer not winning a single medal before stealing players from other countries.

Comment

Spain

Eurobasket 1 gold 0 naturalized 2009
                      Worldbasket 1 gold 0 naturalized 2006
                      OOGG 1 silver (close gold) 0 naturalized 2008 ,playing a fantastic game against USA scoring 107 points without Calderón (he lost the olympic final due to a injury) .

dont debate.

[English or provide translation]
                      Last edited by rikhardur; 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

for 2010 i wish...

Calderon Ricky llull (rodriguez , Sada) No More Cabezas please
                        Navarro Rudy Vidal Claver (blanco , suarez)
                        Garbajosa Pau
                        Marc , Reyes , Vazquez (dont know why vazquez refused play for NT , is a fantastic player )

Comment

The Spanish PGs are amazing! But its certain you will have problems on PF and C. Im sure you wouldnt even consider Mirotic if you had anything close to Pau...
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

@ focus: Are you trying to prove that Spain only won because they didn't have any naturalised player? Look at the other rosters, apart from Bulgaria, FYR of Macedonia and Poland no other NT had naturalised players. So what's exactly the point of your argument? Those others should have won the tournament then.
                            Mike Smith, Johnny Rogers, Clifford Luyk, etc
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                              @ focus: Are you trying to prove that Spain only won because they didn't have any naturalised player? Look at the other rosters, apart from Bulgaria, FYR of Macedonia and Poland no other NT had naturalised players. So what's exactly the point of your argument? Those others should have won the tournament then.
                              Mike Smith, Johnny Rogers, Clifford Luyk, etc
                              HOLDEN

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information