11 15.71%
  • Zdovc did it by bringing only 10 players

5 7.14%
  • a little bit of everything

13 18.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Actualy that was because Serbia had bigest talent base and 2nd was Crotians with also big numer of players and important roles and few coaches. Impruvment of Slovenian is mostly conected with coach Zmago Sagadin who scouted and developed most of this players, and also he was one of the most important of puting good fundamentals in organization, young coaches etc.
    Cuz we were best in basketball, serbia and hrvatska in time of yugo, i think we should share all medals from eu champ and world champ , that would be fair, and finally to get rid of name yugo , cuz winners will be or srbija or hrvatska.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    well tell us then what is the reason Slovenija doesnt have the NBA players Vujačič, and Nesterovič in the team. Why are you holdin the goods for yourself, while we wonder in the dark? tell us please
    And Dragic there r all ethnic Serbs, sad but true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think Slovenia has the best offensive players in Europe (with injured players and full squad) Lakovic,Lorbek,Nachbar,Smodis,Becirovic..... If you put any of them into a Euroleague team,they will be one of the best offensive option for this teams.You have very good offensive players but you haven't got really "team" players.That is the problem.While saying "team" player I meant who makes everything(tough defense,steal,block,passing,fighting...) in match without seeming.If you had some,you could get a medal.
    Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal zmızrak
    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja89 View Post
    Why is that sad. Is being a Serb a bad thing. I˙m not sur about Rao, but Saa and Goran have Slovenian mothers and were born and lived in Slovenia, untill their careers led them elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja89 View Post
    i agree...why should that be sad ?

some good roots and a lot of slovene work mentality,
    and basket stars are born

Quote Originally Posted by rokaldo View Post
    Why is that sad. Is being a Serb a bad thing. I˙m not sur about Rao, but Saa and Goran have Slovenian mothers and were born and lived in Slovenia, untill their careers led them elsewhere.
    Nesterovics both parents are Serbian they just lived in Slovenia in the SFRY... Dragic and Vujacics fathers are Serbian. Dragic played his best game in the Eurobasket against Serbia

How can Dragić be ethnic Serb if his mother is Slovenian and he was born in Slovenia?

Why it would be sad if those two mentioned are ethnic Serb?

Both were born in Slovenia. So called second generation of immigrants from former countries of ex-Yu.

Nesterović's parents are Serbs from BiH. Vujačić's father is Montenegrin. Mother is of Serbian descent I think.

Most of their parents came to Slovenia because their own federal countries in ex-Yu couldn't support them or didn't find the job there. I guess they perfered Slovenia over Serbia/BiH/Montenegro even then. Clearly, considering they decided to stay when we declared independence and they took the Slovenian citizenship.

I don't know how this is even necessary to discuss. Everytime some Serb states such bullshit. Nationalistic bullshit. They are all Slovenians and play(ed) for Slovenian NT not for Serbian.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbreak View Post
    Nesterovics both parents are Serbian they just lived in Slovenia in the SFRY... Dragic and Vujacics fathers are Serbian. Dragic played his best game in the Eurobasket against Serbia
    Yes, lets make up the facts, OK. That's a common thing in ex-Yu. He played his best game against Spain.
    Last edited by elaj; 09-24-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Nesterović's

Nesterovic is Greek

Quote Originally Posted by elaj View Post
    I don't know how this is even necessary to discuss. Everytime some Serb states such bullshit. Nationalistic bullshit. They are all Slovenians and play(ed) for Slovenian NT not for Serbian.[/URL].
    well elaj my friend thats becouse of an old serbian proverb.
    the only truth is the serbian truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus1966 View Post
    Nesterovic is Greek
    You mean Nesterovicopoulos? Yes he is Greek.
    Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

Makris ,Radoslav Makris.
    He played for PAOK 1993-1995

xaaxa skaseee rofl

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...trim_his_hair/

(answer to this topic's question)
    Because of Vujacic's hair!!!

How hadn't Zdvoc figured it out?

Because , greece , spain , serbia , is better and slovenia had no time to rest.

I guess Dragic had something to prove to the young Serbians: http://www.nba.com/games/20091006/PARPHX/boxscore.html

Quote Originally Posted by AirBall View Post
    Coz Spain, Serbia and Greece were better...
    The thread should have ended after the first answer.

Quote Originally Posted by GregorVucajnk View Post
    I guess Dragic had something to prove to the young Serbians: http://www.nba.com/games/20091006/PARPHX/boxscore.html
    None of them are playing for our senior national team
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Wu-Tang

There should be a fairly simple explanation for the thread objective more tangible than the other options:
    With Lakovic averaging 35+mpg as well as Lorbek, the additions of B.Udrih, Dragic (at the later stages), and Smodis we would have seen Slovenia with a medal around it's neck in this yrs EB with certainty i dare predict.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123