View Poll Results: why didnt Slovenia get a medal

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • its simple, they choked again

    19 27.14%
  • reffs and FIBA did it

    3 4.29%
  • couse of Injuries

    19 27.14%
  • greek lobby did it

    11 15.71%
  • Zdovc did it by bringing only 10 players

    5 7.14%
  • a little bit of everything

    13 18.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

  1. #21
    Senior Member MAJSTOREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipballa7 View Post
    Guys, you might have answered this question already but why is Sasha Vujacic not even on the team?
    Thats couse Zdovc preffers Klobučar over a player who doesnt play for his team but for himself.
    I would always rather had a egoistic player getting the minutes Klobučar got.
    Im not sayin he should play 25mpg. But maybe he would give our team what we need, a pumped up player who just came from nba with a ring, and would with out a doubt show more confidence in crucial game moment. Let him try to be the hero and take things in his own hands when others cant contribute, like Klobučar makin those 3 pointers. I have no problem, if a player like Vujačič is egoistic and takes the responsability and finishes the game in our favor. And if not , than, he will get get linched by the supporters for being selfish and hopefully learn to play for the team.
    What were are doing here with
    And I would also preffer to take a healthy player instead of an injured one to next WC
    Last edited by MAJSTOREX; 09-21-2009 at 07:57 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    206

    Default

    You didnt get the medal because of Zdovcs inexperience. Smodis was on the tournament as moral support. You had Klobucar on the bench against Serbia, he could have played?! He didnt trust him enough. Which gets us to the conclusion that you dont have depth cause I totally understand why Zdovc didnt want Vujacic in this team...Slovenian basketball is improving very fast. In the big Yugoslavian teams they had minor roles or didnt even make it in team sometimes. This is another huge step for you. Getting to the top is a slow process but your one step closer.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Teodosic had best performance of this tournament.Bad luck.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  4. #24

    Default

    Obviously it is a mix of many reasons, but taking ten players to an intensive tournament like this, with 9 games on 14 days doesn't seem the most inteligent decision. If you lose another 2 to injuries, then you have a problem.

    Anyway, i think Slovenia will learn for the future and sooner than later will win a medal. The team really deserves it because the players they have and the way they play.

  5. #25
    Senior Member MAJSTOREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastbreak View Post
    You didnt get the medal because of Zdovcs inexperience. Smodis was on the tournament as moral support. You had Klobucar on the bench against Serbia, he could have played?! He didnt trust him enough. Which gets us to the conclusion that you dont have depth cause I totally understand why Zdovc didnt want Vujacic in this team...Slovenian basketball is improving very fast. In the big Yugoslavian teams they had minor roles or didnt even make it in team sometimes. This is another huge step for you. Getting to the top is a slow process but your one step closer.
    That is couse 99.9 % of SFRJ coaches were Serbs who preffered serbian players in the team than players of other nationality. Croats, Slovenes, were only there to remind the world we exist. Sad but true.
    Even when Union Olimpija(best slo club) was champion of SFRJ 6 times, SFRJ only had 1 Slovenian player in the team. Maybe once we had 2.
    What a brotherhood that was
    please dont make connections slo-sfrj, the good old days realy make me sick
    Last edited by MAJSTOREX; 09-23-2009 at 02:19 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    That is couse 99.9 % of SFRJ coaches were Serbs who preffered serbian players in the team than players of other nationality. Croats, Slovenes, were only there to remind the world we exist. Sad but true.
    Even when Union Olimpija(best slo club) was champion of SFRJ 6 times, SFRJ only had 1 Slovenian player in the team. Maybe once we had 2.
    What a brotherhood that was
    please dont make connections slo-sfrj, the good old days realy make me seek
    1993 16 Eurobasket 1993
    1995 12 Eurobasket 1995
    1997 14 Eurobasket 1997
    1999 10 Eurobasket 1999
    2001 15 Eurobasket 2001
    2003 10 Eurobasket 2003

    These are your results after the independence...Be realistic, you didnt have quality before this generation.


    edit: Croats played an important part in most of the teams. But its true to that most of the players were Serbs.

  7. #27
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    A little bit of luck. I am not dissapointed. We made history in Katowice and in next championships we will be even better. Players and coaching staff did not dissapoint me, they gave it all we had.

    Turkey here we come.

    MAJSTOREX should be banned from this forum and kicked out of Slovenia. Majstorex, you act like an idiot, moron, retard.
    Last edited by elaj; 09-21-2009 at 08:55 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,328
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    That is couse 99.9 % of SFRJ coaches were Serbs who preffered serbian players in the team than players of other nationality. Croats, Slovenes, were only there to remind the world we exist. Sad but true.Even when Union Olimpija(best slo club) was champion of SFRJ 6 times, SFRJ only had 1 Slovenian player in the team. Maybe once we had 2.
    What a brotherhood that was
    please dont make connections slo-sfrj, the good old days realy make me seek
    Actualy that was because Serbia had bigest talent base and 2nd was Crotians with also big numer of players and important roles and few coaches. Impruvment of Slovenian is mostly conected with coach Zmago Sagadin who scouted and developed most of this players, and also he was one of the most important of puting good fundamentals in organization, young coaches etc.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  9. #29
    SunOverHStreet
    Guest

    Default

    You had very few players in the rotation. That's why.

  10. #30
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    MAJSTOREX and everyone else. If you don't know the background about Vujačić and Slovenian NT please don't talk. Let's say I know the background very good. Be quiet. He is history for Slovenia.

    I am not afraid for WC in Turkey, add healthy Beno, Dragić and Smodiš, maybe Bečirović in this team and you have a medal contender with this kind of passion and attitude they showed in Poland.

  11. #31
    Senior Member MAJSTOREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaj View Post
    MAJSTOREX and everyone else. If you don't know the background about Vujačić and Slovenian NT please don't talk. Let's say I know the background very good. Be quiet. He is history for Slovenia.

    I am not afraid for WC in Turkey, add healthy Beno, Dragić and Smodiš, maybe Bečirović in this team and you have a medal contender with this kind of passion and attitude they showed in Poland.
    well tell us then what is the reason Slovenija doesnt have the NBA players Vujačič, and Nesterovič in the team. Why are you holdin the goods for yourself, while we wonder in the dark? tell us please

  12. #32
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    well tell us then what is the reason Slovenija doesnt have the NBA players Vujačič, and Nesterovič in the team. Why are you holdin the goods for yourself, while we wonder in the dark? enlight us please
    If federation and current NT coaching staff would want to flame with Vujačić they would, believe me, but they don't want dirty laundry in media. I won't mention it here, although in previous posts I did. Zdovc had very good reasons, believe me (not those mentioned in media). Vujačić is history and he shouldn't be even mentioned in context of Slovenian NT.

    Rašo is retired. He gave it all he had for this NT and I thank him. He is 34 years old, has a young family, does not live in Slovenia (mostly Toronto and Belgrade, like few weeks, maybe a month in Ljubljana) and wants some rest.

  13. #33
    Senior Member MAJSTOREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Agree with you elaj. And its probably best not to say why Rašo retired i guess?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    If this Slovenia had Prelzdic and Begic they could win a medal.
    Preldzic wants to play for Bosnia ( I think Tanjevic has something to do with this)

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Because at the end cause of injuries and withdrawals Zdovc had just 3 of 10 best Slovenian players available.

    If Smodis, Nesterovic, Dragic, Becirovic, Vujacic, Beno Udrih and Milic were all here i have no doubt Slovenia would get silver medal and made the finals interesting atleast.

  16. #36

    Default

    Zdovc should be praised for his guidance of the Slovene team not many people had faith in him and i certainly was not expecting Slovenia to do so well i knew they had excellent players but what they achieved at this Eurobasket should be remembered and all the best in future tournaments
    SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastbreak View Post
    1993 16 Eurobasket 1993
    1995 12 Eurobasket 1995
    1997 14 Eurobasket 1997
    1999 10 Eurobasket 1999
    2001 15 Eurobasket 2001
    2003 10 Eurobasket 2003

    These are your results after the independence...Be realistic, you didnt have quality before this generation.


    edit: Croats played an important part in most of the teams. But its true to that most of the players were Serbs.
    Actually I was expecting a medal every time. Each time we have beaten at least one of the medal holders in the groups, but than choked in the decider, against objectively a much weaker opponent.

    The reason why Vujačič is not playing is because he decided to fake an injury, because the physical preparations were too tough for him.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    The answer to the OP question is because he got injured:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5UfT3Ey24

  19. #39

    Default

    First I want to say that from speaking with a lot of fans from different countries Slovenia was the favorite team of almost everybody who is there not for his NT but just for basketball.
    I hope that the older players will have chance to play again in the NT and hopefully this generation will eventually win a medal that it deserve, and especially Lakovic who played heroicly IMO and eventually was the tragic hero again.
    After loosing Beno just before the games loosing Dragic was too much. You just cannot have one guy only who can bring the ball to the half-court on the team play him 40 minutes in 5 games in 7 days and expect him to keep his level on offense and defense.

    It is impossible to be prepared for anything that happens and in such short-time tournament the chances of so many injuries are not that high, so I wouldn't blame Zdovc for anything. It was really an extremely bad luck.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Mysh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    First I want to say that from speaking with a lot of fans from different countries Slovenia was the favorite team of almost everybody who is there not for his NT but just for basketball.
    I hope that the older players will have chance to play again in the NT and hopefully this generation will eventually win a medal that it deserve, and especially Lakovic who played heroicly IMO and eventually was the tragic hero again.
    After loosing Beno just before the games loosing Dragic was too much. You just cannot have one guy only who can bring the ball to the half-court on the team play him 40 minutes in 5 games in 7 days and expect him to keep his level on offense and defense.

    It is impossible to be prepared for anything that happens and in such short-time tournament the chances of so many injuries are not that high, so I wouldn't blame Zdovc for anything. It was really an extremely bad luck.
    We agree. Zdovc is a fantastic coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziem View Post
    You really know basket well...
    Thanks ozziem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •