• Zdovc did it by bringing only 10 players

5 7.14%
  • a little bit of everything

13 18.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

Default Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

what do you think did it this time

Coz Spain, Serbia and Greece were better...

congrats Airball for silver medal.
    But to tell you the truth i didnt expect your team to get so humiliated.
    but silver medal is still very nice congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    congrats Airball for silver medal.
    But to tell you the truth i didnt expect your team to get so humiliated.
    but silver medal is still very nice congrats!!
    You have right, next time we will win the gold, silver is good enough so far...

Slovenia deserved to finish on 4th position...Thats huge improvement for you...

Congratulation!

they where both close games and slovenia lost both thats basketball
    SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Slovenia did

deserve to win a medal.But u had so many injured players,especially Smodis and Dragic,Nahbar also played injured. And also because of Teodosic. Y didn't Zdovc call Vujacic ? Its insane !

Injuries for sure were crucial..but then again every team had their own.
    They didn't win a medal,but still most successful slovenian team ever.

So,no need to make such threads and posts.They lost,please get over it now.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Slovenians didn't get a medal for themselves fault. They could go to the Final (a medal was guaranteed, silver or medal) if they had done a foul against Serbia on semis and put some Serbian guy on FT line, instead of leave Serbia attack and hit a triple... The team was good and I think they could balance more the final game against Spain.
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Tiredness,I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
    deserve to win a medal.But u had so many injured players,especially Smodis and Dragic,Nahbar also played injured. And also because of Teodosic. Y didn't Zdovc call Vujacic ? Its insane !
    The real question for Zdovc is WTF was he thinkin comming to this EC with 10 active players

I wonder how any of you would feel about their coach bringing to EC one injured star and hope he will get better during EC, and another young player who doesnt even know how to shoot FT.
    And the fact him claiming the goal is to get a medal makes it that worse
    Last edited by MAJSTOREX; 09-21-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar

Default Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

Because Teodosic played the game of his life against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!! View Post
    Because Teodosic played the game of his life against them.
    yup,that is a fact

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
    yup,that is a fact
    I think top 4 is very good, maybe not good to celebrate but certainly not bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Im just reading latest comments from Zdovc.
    we were aiming for GOLD!!! I didnt know that until now
    If we had Smodiš and Dragič, he says......

It will be interesting to see the press conference at 4.15pm, there will be plenty of excuses. The majority of public in Slo supports zdovc to remain head coach but after last nights statements, KZS will hardly change his mind to remain head coach of NT. The guy was so depressed yesterday after the game , I was almost feeling sorry for him
    He is a good coach, but he will lose all the remaining hair he has left is he remains coaching our NT and Union Olimpia. If he knows what is good for him he will leave the NT and concentrate on coaching UO.

He realy is the best coach we ever had in our NT, thank you Jure for great games see you in Tivoli.

-shorter bench than expected, consequently substantialy bigger tiredness with some players
    -Lakovič playing with both of his ankles twisted, let alone that guy actually could barely walk after the quarterfinals after playing for... too many minutes in a row.. (which of course will some of more narrowminded members of this forum translate into "choking again")
    -Slokar & Nachbar's "smaller" injuries
    -absence of Dragič, from the aspect of cutting in, defense and actually having a 2nd PG
    -not that much of an "talent advantage" towards most opponents as we had in some of the past cases
    -with Lakovič as a sole PG, he was cut off pretty easily in some cases the opponents making Slovenia unable to organise some of the more important offenses the way they should.
    -invasion of "tourists" to Katowice, making cheering substantialy worse than in Friday.
    -FIBA
    -Greek lobby
    -Janez Janša
    -Vatican
    -Freemasons
    -native indians
    ...that would be it, shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Default Why, oh why???

There are a couple of reasons.
    1. Injuries - i think that the injuries came as a result of the preparations. Slovenia didn't have an old school fitness preparation, but tried to prepare and gain fitness through playing a large number of games in preparing period. I think they played 12-13 games. Maybe the large number of prep games lead to players being tired and injuries.
    2. Coach - Zdovc is probably the best coach Slovenia had in last 10 years, but he is a lot less experienced then Ivkovic and Kazlauscas. He made some mistakes in games where one mistake in one too many. Bringing Smodis, only in game with Greece he remembered that Klobucar exists on the bench, letting Teodosic shoot a 3p, instead of demanding a foul, etc.
    With taking Smodis, and forgeting about Klobucar, he shortened his rotation to 10 men, and when Dragic injury happened, the trouble started. Also in Slovenian team Dragic was the only young player who brought energy from the bench.
    However, I would like to raise one question.
    How can you be so sure that Slovenia would have played better, if they had Smodis and for example Beno Udrih. Maybe, with the presence of these players some other wouldn't play nearly as good as they did (E.Lorbek, Lakovic). I watched a couple of prep games of Slovenia and when B.Udrih was playing as a starter, Lakovic was nowhere to be seen. He started playing well when Beno got injured.

Two words:

Injuries, rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziem View Post
    You really know basket well...
    Thanks ozziem.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarko28 View Post
    There are a couple of reasons.
    1. Injuries - i think that the injuries came as a result of the preparations. Slovenia didn't have an old school fitness preparation, but tried to prepare and gain fitness through playing a large number of games in preparing period. I think they played 12-13 games. Maybe the large number of prep games lead to players being tired and injuries.
    2. Coach - Zdovc is probably the best coach Slovenia had in last 10 years, but he is a lot less experienced then Ivkovic and Kazlauscas. He made some mistakes in games where one mistake in one too many. Bringing Smodis, only in game with Greece he remembered that Klobucar exists on the bench, letting Teodosic shoot a 3p, instead of demanding a foul, etc.
    With taking Smodis, and forgeting about Klobucar, he shortened his rotation to 10 men, and when Dragic injury happened, the trouble started. Also in Slovenian team Dragic was the only young player who brought energy from the bench.
    However, I would like to raise one question.
    How can you be so sure that Slovenia would have played better, if they had Smodis and for example Beno Udrih. Maybe, with the presence of these players some other wouldn't play nearly as good as they did (E.Lorbek, Lakovic). I watched a couple of prep games of Slovenia and when B.Udrih was playing as a starter, Lakovic was nowhere to be seen. He started playing well when Beno got injured.
    You are clueless apart the statement were you said Zdovc brougth here 10 man
    Now heres are a few facts:
    - Slovenia had excelent fitness preps on Rogla with conditioning coach Jadranko Nikolić.
    - Beno gettin injured at last prep. game against Germany was pure bad luck,
    Smodiš back problems is a chronical injury he had special preps during preparation games just for him!!!. What im sayin poor preps are the last thing responsable for injuries!!!
    - yes he is the best coach of Slo NTand not for last 10y but for the last 15years in our 18y history, but the best Slovenian coach is Zmago Sagadin

Guys, you might have answered this question already but why is Sasha Vujacic not even on the team?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast