Why didnt Slovenia get a medal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rokaldo View Post
    Why is that sad. Is being a Serb a bad thing. I˙m not sur about Rašo, but Saša and Goran have Slovenian mothers and were born and lived in Slovenia, untill their careers led them elsewhere.
    Nesterovics both parents are Serbian they just lived in Slovenia in the SFRY... Dragic and Vujacics fathers are Serbian. Dragic played his best game in the Eurobasket against Serbia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

How can Dragić be ethnic Serb if his mother is Slovenian and he was born in Slovenia?

Why it would be sad if those two mentioned are ethnic Serb?

Both were born in Slovenia. So called second generation of immigrants from former countries of ex-Yu.

Nesterović's parents are Serbs from BiH. Vujačić's father is Montenegrin. Mother is of Serbian descent I think.

Most of their parents came to Slovenia because their own federal countries in ex-Yu couldn't support them or didn't find the job there. I guess they perfered Slovenia over Serbia/BiH/Montenegro even then. Clearly, considering they decided to stay when we declared independence and they took the Slovenian citizenship.

I don't know how this is even necessary to discuss. Everytime some Serb states such bullshit. Nationalistic bullshit. They are all Slovenians and play(ed) for Slovenian NT not for Serbian.

Originally posted by fastbreak View Post
      Nesterovics both parents are Serbian they just lived in Slovenia in the SFRY... Dragic and Vujacics fathers are Serbian. Dragic played his best game in the Eurobasket against Serbia
      Yes, lets make up the facts, OK. That's a common thing in ex-Yu. He played his best game against Spain.
      Last edited by elaj; 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Nesterović's

Nesterovic is Greek

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
          I don't know how this is even necessary to discuss. Everytime some Serb states such bullshit. Nationalistic bullshit. They are all Slovenians and play(ed) for Slovenian NT not for Serbian.[/URL].
          well elaj my friend thats becouse of an old serbian proverb.
          the only truth is the serbian truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus1966 View Post
            Nesterovic is Greek
            You mean Nesterovicopoulos? Yes he is Greek.
            Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

Comment

Makris ,Radoslav Makris.
              He played for PAOK 1993-1995

Comment

xaaxa skaseee rofl

Comment

(answer to this topic's question)
                  Because of Vujacic's hair!!!

How hadn't Zdvoc figured it out?
                  My Youtube channel

Comment

Because , greece , spain , serbia , is better and slovenia had no time to rest.

Comment

I guess Dragic had something to prove to the young Serbians: http://www.nba.com/games/20091006/PARPHX/boxscore.html

Comment

Originally posted by AirBall View Post
                        Coz Spain, Serbia and Greece were better...
                        The thread should have ended after the first answer.

Comment

Originally posted by GregorVucajnk View Post
                          I guess Dragic had something to prove to the young Serbians: http://www.nba.com/games/20091006/PARPHX/boxscore.html
                          None of them are playing for our senior national team
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

A mix of our NT:

A mix i made of the Slovenian NT from Eurobasket 2009 in Poland!
                            My homage to The heroes:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

There should be a fairly simple explanation for the thread objective more tangible than the other options:
                              With Lakovic averaging 35+mpg as well as Lorbek, the additions of B.Udrih, Dragic (at the later stages), and Smodis we would have seen Slovenia with a medal around it's neck in this yrs EB with certainty i dare predict.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information