Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Serbia can dominate European basketball once again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Serbia winning every competition from now on. They have talent, they have great coashes, they have the best winning mentality on this earth, they are not chokers. they are simply the best

Comment

Originally posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
      I see Serbia winning every competition from now on. They have talent, they have great coashes, they have the best winning mentality on this earth, they are not chokers. they are simply the best
      Ok u didnt get the medal,but dont take it out on us...
      Originally posted by Stardusted
      It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
        This Serbian players appearance coincides with some players removal: Gasol probably won't play more international competitions; The Lithuanian "Big Three" (Saras, Siskauskas, Kaukenas) were out in this EuroBasket and I don't know if they will play next summers (and this one proved they are much more weak); the same of Liths with Diama and Papa on Greek NT. And Serbia has been a dominant team on youth competitions...
        They can dominante again the European Basketball!
        Gasol will lay in 2010 he just to say it! i read it , he will try to go there!
        And dont forget WC 2014 is in spain and it is as Olimpics games, the host country will do all for to have a medal team , son dont kill us so easy still , half team is so yong still and others are coming ! all coachs are changing year by year a old for a young for dont stop the cicle
        MADRID 2020---> host country election 2013

Comment

hey man, i was just expresing my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
            I dont think "stars" will ever play for Serbia again. Has Stojakovic retired from NT ? Probably has. Will Pavlovic ever play for Serbia ? Probably not. Will Jaric play for NT again ? Dont think so....

BTW Sofo is an incredible player. Love that guy.If he could only play more minutes...
            So after writing posts back and forth we came to the same conclusion.

You mentioned that "if" we had this and that and him we would be this and that and i replied to you that you had them before but it did not work out.

I also said that we had this discussion here and most of us agreed that even if the "STARS" decided to make a come back to the Serbian NT, they should not be allowed to play.

This team has achieved more that what all the "stars" playing together did.

Plus, it would be insulting for the young players that played their hearts out to win silver in this tournament, to lose their position to the Stars just because the Serbian NT is now "in" and "cool" and has "wining mentality".

Comment

Originally posted by Tutankamon View Post
              Gasol will lay in 2010 he just to say it! i read it , he will try to go there!
              And dont forget WC 2014 is in spain and it is as Olimpics games, the host country will do all for to have a medal team , son dont kill us so easy still , half team is so yong still and others are coming ! all coachs are changing year by year a old for a young for dont stop the cicle
              2014 Pau will have 34 years,do u think he will still play for NT ? Especially at this level ? Spain without Gasol ? Not much really.

Comment

Originally posted by obe31 View Post
                So after writing posts back and forth we came to the same conclusion.

You mentioned that "if" we had this and that and him we would be this and that and i replied to you that you had them before but it did not work out.

I also said that we had this discussion here and most of us agreed that even if the "STARS" decided to make a come back to the Serbian NT, they should not be allowed to play.

This team has achieved more that what all the "stars" playing together did.

Plus, it would be insulting for the young players that played their hearts out to win silver in this tournament, to lose their position to the Stars just because the Serbian NT is now "in" and "cool" and has "wining mentality".
                2005 and 2007 we had bad relationships in our NT between players.That is the reason why they played so badly. Jaric and Rakocevic even fought each other on the court !!!??? But Stojakovic was never a problem,so there r some stars that would make this team better. Cheers to these young guys,still we can add SOME stars that would make us a better team.I dont think anyone of these young players would feel insulted if he was left out for one championship.The brotherhood between Djordjevic,Savic,Divac,Danilovic is legendary.That is the most important reason why they played so well together.Hope we can get that kind of relations again.

Comment

i am from the philippines..i saw the game a while ago..

serbia is a wise team..they are not the most gifted athlete(comparing to other teams like USA,spain etc)..but they know what to do and they are a consistent team..and they have size!!!plus they are still young..i think they will be a very dangerous team in the future..

i think the serbian team is being built for the future..serbia needs no star...these youngster will become future stars naturally..

Comment

2005 and 2007 we had bad relationships in our NT between players.That is the reason why they played so badly. Jaric and Rakocevic even fought each other on the court !!!??? But Stojakovic was never a problem,so there r some stars that would make this team better. Cheers to these young guys,still we can add SOME stars that would make us a better team.I dont think anyone of these young players would feel insulted if he was left out for one championship.The brotherhood between Djordjevic,Savic,Divac,Danilovic is legendary.That is the most important reason why they played so well together.Hope we can get that kind of relations again.
                    Yes i remember.. it was not a pretty sight.

Stojakovic though...hasnt played for the Serbian NT for how long now? I cant even remember when was the last time he played.

I dont think he would play next year or the year after that. In my opinion Stojakovic has unofficially or shall i say silently retired long from the NT long time ago..

As for Djordjevic, Savic, Divac Danilovic they played together for years and that is why there was a brotherhood in the first place.

If you start replaying players that have bonded so well in this tournament to supposedly better players (which i dont think they will add anythjing to this team) all that would achieve is to spoil the great relations and brotherhood that there is now

Comment

Originally posted by obe31 View Post
                      As for Djordjevic, Savic, Divac Danilovic they played together for years and that is why there was a brotherhood in the first place.
                      Our players didnt have such good relations as you say...Divac has announced once that he didnt even speak with Djordjevic for one long period. But that was public secret. Even today some of them dont have any contacts...
                      https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

Originally posted by AirBall View Post
                        Our players didnt have such good relations as you say...Divac has announced once that he didnt even speak with Djordjevic for one long period. But that was public secret. Even today some of them dont have any contacts...
                        They did function together as a team when it mattered right?

Nikos Gallis for example did not have the best of relations with Yannakis but when the going got tough he looked for Yannakis to help and the other way around..No matter the small personal differences, you fight as team not as a bunch of girlies.

That was the difference of the greatt aforementioned Serbian team to the rest that followed up to now of course.

Comment

Do you think Serbian NT can become a powerhouse like Yugoslavia once was ? What is the maximum for this young Serbian NT ? Would Serbia have won the finals if we had Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Vujanic and Pavlovic in our squad ? Have your say.
                          Definitely No. Radmanovic is a decent spot-up shooter, but Velickovic is a better player if you ask me. Vujanic and Pavlovic simply suck. As for Stojakovic... maybe if he was ten years younger.

Comment

We just need Milicic(with normal head) for defensive play, because I have feeling that he can easily lock our paint and Rakocevic as shooting guard and that should be enough for the medal on WC...Also I think that most of our present players will improve a lot during the season. Especially Tepic and Velickovic which will work with best European coaches at the moment. Vujosevic is also excellent but they already stole all his knowledge...
                            https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

I like your signature

AirBall Nice pic Kolce !

Comment

Go, go Serbia!
                                Originally posted by ozziem
                                You really know basket well...
                                Thanks ozziem.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information