Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Serbia can dominate European basketball once again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Serbia can dominate European basketball once again ?

Do you think Serbian NT can become a powerhouse like Yugoslavia once was ? What is the maximum for this young Serbian NT ? Would Serbia have won the finals if we had Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Vujanic and Pavlovic in our squad ? Have your say.
    Originally posted by Stardusted
    It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Sure they can, but too early to tell. They have one of the teams with more potential in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
      Do you think Serbian NT can become a powerhouse like Yugoslavia once was ? What is the maximum for this young Serbian NT ? Would Serbia have won the finals if we had Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Vujanic and Pavlovic in our squad ? Have your say.
      • Yes
      • Couple of gold medals from various championships
      • Who knows. Not important. Intelligent move to play with this young generation. They are the team, shouldn't be "spoiled" with older guys-they had their chance in NT, and they blew it!

Comment

thats for sure like lithuania.I am sure lithuania and serbia will win one of the big tournament on near future.(olympic,world cup,eurobasket).But i wish it wont be next year

Comment

This Serbian players appearance coincides with some players removal: Gasol probably won't play more international competitions; The Lithuanian "Big Three" (Saras, Siskauskas, Kaukenas) were out in this EuroBasket and I don't know if they will play next summers (and this one proved they are much more weak); the same of Liths with Diama and Papa on Greek NT. And Serbia has been a dominant team on youth competitions...
          They can dominante again the European Basketball!
          Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

U/16 FIBA EUROPE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Performances by nation

Gold Silver Bronze Total
            1 Serbia 10 1 5 16
            2 Russia 3 4 5 12
            3 Spain 2 6 4 12
            4 Greece 2 3 3 8
            5 Turkey 2 1 3 6
            6 Italy 1 4 2 7
            7 Lithuania 1 1 1 3
            8 France 1 1 0 2
            9 Croatia 1 0 0 1
            10 Czech Republic 0 1 0 1
            11 Germany 0 0 2 2
            12 Israel 0 0 1 1

Five Golds since 1997 they won four in a row

FIBA U/18

Gold Silver Bronze Total
            1 Serbia 9 4 3 16
            1 Soviet U 8 3 1 12
            3 France 3 3 1 7
            5 Croatia 2 3 1 6
            6 Spain 2 1 4 7
            7 Italy 1 4 7 12
            8 Greece 1 2 3 6
            9 Lithuania 1 2 0 3
            10 Turkey 0 2 1 3
            11 Bulgaria 0 0 3 3
            12 Czechoslovakia 0 0 1 1

3 Golds since 2005

FIBA U/20

Gold Silver Bronze Total
            1 Serbia 4 0 2 6
            2 Slovenia 2 1 1 4
            3 Greece 2 1 0 3
            4 Lithuania 1 2 1 4
            5 Italy 1 1 1 3
            6 Russia 1 0 0 1
            7 Belarus 1 0 0 1
            8 Spain 0 3 4 7
            9 Israel 0 2 0 2
            10 France 0 1 2 3
            11 Turkey 0 1 1 2

All four golds Serbia won since 1996
            SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
            sigpic

Comment

We have to wait few more years on Musli, Djekic and Miljenovic...

With them we dont have to worry about basketball future...
              https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

They can not dominate European basketball as long as spain has the team they have and the rest of major teams participate with their "usual rosters".

They can not dominate world basketball because on top of what i just stated above, you would have to add Argentina, Australia, Brazil, USA.

What they can do though, instead of "dominating", is always being a contender sometimes winning sometimes not as the rest of the teams for medal years after year.

"Dominating" in my humble opinion is an overstatement that comes from the joy of winning a silver medal in this year's tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by obe31 View Post
                  They can not dominate European basketball as long as spain has the team they have and the rest of major teams participate with their "usual rosters".

They can not dominate world basketball because on top of what i just stated above, you would have to add Argentina, Australia, Brazil, USA.

What they can do though, instead of "dominating", is always being a contender sometimes winning sometimes not as the rest of the teams for medal years after year.

"Dominating" in my humble opinion is an overstatement that comes from the joy of winning a silver medal in this year's tournament.
                  Actually, I agree with you completely. As I sad in my previous post in this thread, we can win " a couple of gold medals", but it's not going to be easy, because basketball is nowadays a sport that is loved and played well in entire world, while in "Yugoslavian era" it wasn't the case. But it is great for basketball to have so many good teams from all around the world, it's going to be total enjoyment to watch Eurobaskets and World Championships- Olympics in the future.

Comment

Australia ??? Brazil ???? R u kidding ??? If we had our best players in this tournament,it wouldnt be so easy for Spain to win this gold.Think about the players that didnt play for Serbia on this EC: Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Rakocevic,Vujanic,Pavlovic,d umbass Milicic etc... Pretty nice line-up. Dont u think ?

Comment

Australia ??? Brazil ???? R u kidding ??? If we had our best players in this tournament,it wouldnt be so easy for Spain to win this gold.Think about the players that didnt play for Serbia on this EC: Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Rakocevic,Vujanic,Pavlovic,d umbass Milicic etc... Pretty nice line-up. Dont u think ?
                      I am not kidding mate. Those that read my comments here know that i also dont insult or anything like that.

This is my opinion.

Let me also remind you (since you are a "fresh" poster here) that Serbia had been playing some years with their "stars" and welll you know the results.

Most of the teams were missing players this year.

If you read my post carefully you would see that i ddid not agree with the term "dominating", i agree though that they would be in the medals..but dominating..i dont think so...

Comment

I agree with u,maybe not "dominate" but be a pretty serious contender for gold medal every time. I might be a "fresh" poster,but i am a long time basketball fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Borisko View Post
                          Actually, I agree with you completely. As I sad in my previous post in this thread, we can win " a couple of gold medals", but it's not going to be easy, because basketball is nowadays a sport that is loved and played well in entire world, while in "Yugoslavian era" it wasn't the case. But it is great for basketball to have so many good teams from all around the world, it's going to be total enjoyment to watch Eurobaskets and World Championships- Olympics in the future.
                          Up to now we had Lithuania, Greece, Spain, exchanging positions for medals...This era has gone.

Next year we will have on top of the above three....

Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, France and this is just in europe...

Comment

I agree with u,maybe not "dominate" but be a pretty serious contender for gold medal every time. I might be a "fresh" poster,but i am a long time basketball fan.
                            I used the term "fresh poster" because I supposed that you were not familiar with a discussion that has been going on for a year with the title "is this the end of Serbian basketball" or something like that.

This discussion followed the 2005 failure of the Serbian team to win a medal.

This is somethjing we had been discussing for a long time, most of us agreed that Serbia is way better with the "kids" playing than with the Stars..

Comment

This is somethjing we had been discussing for a long time, most of us agreed that Serbia is way better with the "kids" playing than with the Stars..
                              I dont think "stars" will ever play for Serbia again. Has Stojakovic retired from NT ? Probably has. Will Pavlovic ever play for Serbia ? Probably not. Will Jaric play for NT again ? Dont think so....

BTW Sofo is an incredible player. Love that guy.If he could only play more minutes...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information