Do the referees "protect" the stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. This is a loser's mentality.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by son_of_a_Turk View Post
      You mean the clear block?
      jajaja, are you joking me?
      [IMG]file:///C:/Users/leonardo/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
        He's in for a rude awakening if he ever goes to the NBA. In the NBA if you make contact with a player on the perimeter you immediately get called for a foul. His 100% entire game of defense is simply fouling over and over on the perimeter and getting away with it.

He won't last more than 3 minutes a game before fouling out of he tried that in the NBA. I have a feeling he will be a huge bust in the NBA because of how he plays defense and how he is allowed to get away with it in Europe and FIBA ball. He won't be able to adjust to the NBA's defense rules by the time he gets there because he will be used to playing this way.
        NBA?? Man we are in the Eurobasket.

Comment

Originally posted by achinet View Post
          jajaja, are you joking me?
          [IMG]file:///C:/Users/leonardo/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

That picture is deceiving and misleading my friend. Sergio Llull is 1.90 and he wanted to lay that over Semih Erden(2.13), Ömer Aşık(2.12) and Ersan Ilyasova(2.08). Ömer had a clear block and if the refs called that foul, that would be huge injustice against Turkey.

Comment

NBA?? Man we are in the Eurobasket.
            I was talking about Rubio, not the EuroBasket.

Comment

That picture is deceiving and misleading my friend. Sergio Llull is 1.90 and he wanted to lay that over Semih Erden(2.13), Ömer Aşık(2.12) and Ersan Ilyasova(2.08). Ömer had a clear block and if the refs called that foul, that would be huge injustice against Turkey.
              Totally deceiving and misleading , i am blind.

Comment

You are the only one misled, I guess. The foul by Erden is more than obvious.

Comment

That picture is really misleading my friends. But, even if Semih Erden grabbed Llull's hand, if you are 1.90 and you are running into 3 guys who are 2.08m or taller for a game-winning shot, you can not expect a damn call. That's what's normal. Calling that foul would be so absurd.

Comment

That picture is really misleading my friends. But, even if Semih Erden grabbed Llull's hand, if you are 1.90 and you are running into 3 guys who are 2.08m or taller for a game-winning shot, you can not expect a damn call. That's what's normal. Calling that foul would be so absurd.
                    What??? If one foul is foul you have to call it. The tall of a player has nothing to do with it. Or, why dont we add the jump to the tall? Llull can dunk over very tall centers.

Comment

What??? If one foul is foul you have to call it. The tall of a player has nothing to do with it. Or, why sum the jump to the tall? Llull can dunk over very tall centers.

If we are talking about protection in this thread, we are also talking about some common-sense rules, which are actually not legal. This might be one of them. But this doesn't mean Turkey was protected, this means Spain was not protected that time.

But I still think, that picture is misleading and that was not a foul.

That's my two cents.

Comment

Hmmm... I think this goes well off the topic.

I didn't mean if referees do mistakes. Sure they do, they are human beings.

My question is whether or not they willingly favor the stars.
                        Originally posted by ozziem
                        You really know basket well...
                        Thanks ozziem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysh View Post

Yes ofcourse, both in NBA and in Europe...

Comment

Yes ofcourse, both in NBA and in Europe...
                            That's what I also think. Thanks
                            Originally posted by ozziem
                            You really know basket well...
                            Thanks ozziem.

Comment

Mysh, I think that's what happens in any sport. It's human psychology. Star players just have that heavy-weight. It can be on referees, coaches, other players etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Mysh View Post

Sure, that is why the ref did not call that Llull fautl. if he were Navarro, the ref sure would call it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information