No announcement yet.

Tournament Debriefing: GREECE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest disappointment IMHO was Zisis, simply average. A player that can be bench in a NT but not in a NT that targets medals.
    Sofo just shown his potential, I really hope he continues that.#
    Calathes is the best that Greece comes out of this tournament with. I am expecting him within a year or two to be the true leader of the team.
    IMHO we need as a team to risk a bit and invite 2-3 players from the U20 in the team. Papanikolaou, Papas must have a place.
    sigpic
    GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Pelekanos is a far better player than Zisis and Perperoglou. If Kazlauskas is smart he will bring him to the team and use him.

Comment

Some comments from me as well..
        K played safe all the way in the tournament with the schemes he trusted most although this was also a risk couse this wore out key players.
        I aggree that Zisis was a dissapointment. He was painful to watch
        I would have liked to see Koufos a bit more esp when Bourousis was not playing well, at least as option in the rotation
        Saying rotation, it seems to me that it was abandoned at some point, mainly because of the lack of options in G, PG positions. I hope this is symptomatic and K playing safe and next year in a longer tournament he will use rotation more efficiently to preserve energy in the team.

And good night to all

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade View Post
          Another thing i noticed about bourousis is that he seems to be very angry which affects his game as it leads to wrong estimations and decisions. He also contests every foul he is called on (even though 90% are correct calls), and asks for a foul on every of his attempts even if the defense is clean. He is kinda going the wrong way i think.
          Thats the main drawback on bourousis mentality. he is a fighter but as you said he gets really angry sometimes and he argues with his teammates and the refs a lot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

For me the biggest disappointment was Bouroussis. He was good in rebounding but apart from that he seems to play without using his brain.

Koufos definitely needs to improve his defense and his ability and determination to grasp rebounds.

I am not able to criticize Zissis because I like this player as a personality. He has given a lot of bad passes but also made some crucial 3pt shots and assists.

Perperoglou has shown some very nice games offensively in the first & second round but showed less in the final rounds . But taking into account that this was his first tournament and that he was left alone as the only small forward it should be possible for him to improve his performance in the next tournament.

It is obvious that Kalathis has a lot of potential & he was the big surprise hopefully he will get some minutes with Pao but I somehow doubt this.

I was very surprised of the Printezis this year. His play was not only athletic but also very intelligent.

Archidoulis is not a point guard. He likes to penetrate & to shoot 3pts. This he does above average and he deserves to be in the All tournament Starting 5.

Sofo is all the money in this team. Without him we would not have any offense this year.

Now what I would like to see in the next tournament:

I would like to see Greece playing the same defense as during the Giannakis era but at the same time I would like Greece to play faster as well and to base the game on transition and fastbreak plays.
            Last edited by fasoulaki; 09-21-2009, 09:04 AM.
            You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
              Pelekanos is a far better player than Zisis and Perperoglou
              pelekanos better than zisis and perperoglou ?

i believe that you r all very hard on zisis, perperoglou and spanoulis

As you propably have noticed in every single offence of the greek NT the ball passed through v-span at least once
              Additionally v-span was the target of all teams in defence and played >37 minutes while both covering PG position and leading score in every game.
              He must feel exhausted and i believe this might reflect on his PAO games this season.

Zisis has spent 2 years in CSKA without much of playing time. I agree that this tournament was his great opportunity to step up and he didn't.

As far as Perperoglou, he is improving every year under Obradovic and I expect from him to be better next year (don't forget where he was playing not many years ago). It is clear though that he is not "leader" material.

BIG SOFO: what can a man say about this wonder of nature. Let's hope this year won't be like 2006-07 after a promising WC. I must add though that his uncontrolled power should not be so hard called by the refs.
              Every touch is not a foul. It's not his fault that every other player than Shaq is too "soft" for him
              Don't forget the spaniards who were falling down "only touched by the air" coming when SOFO was just moving

Pappas and Papanikolaou should enter gradually in the NT in order to cover the time gap among generations along with Calathes and Koufos.

Last but not least don't everyone overlook the effect of the absence of 2 of the world's best PGs Papaloukas and 3D

With those 2 in good shape, Spanoulis and a BIG SOFO coming from a full season the greek NT has nothing to be afraid of next summer in Turkey

Comment

the team accomplished their goal ,so i think it was a successful tournament for Greece,this September we learn how to rebound next year i hope we will learn fast breaks.

Comment

man i hate the greek media, we won a medal and it seems like nothing happened. oh actually sth did happen, zagorakis threatens to resign and oly prepares for the game against aek. yes these news are more important...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

Greece's performance wasn't bad! Greek NT wasn't better than Spain, Serbia or Slovenia, the other top 4 teams... You say that because Greece started in a very strong note and Spain, your main rival, started really bad, inclusive they were near the elimination against Great Britain. Without Diamantidis and Papaloukas, a medal is a good performance! Spanoulis (even disappeared on semis), Big Sofo, Printezis and Fotsis were the best performances of Greek NT in this EB...
                    Last edited by Buzissa; 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM.
                    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
                      Greece's performance wasn't debriefing! Greek NT wasn't better than Spain, Serbia or Slovenia, the other top 4 teams... You say that because Greece started in a very strong note and Spain, your main rival, started really bad, inclusive they were near the elimination against Great Britain. Without Diamantidis and Papaloukas, a medal is a good performance! Spanoulis (even disappeared on semis), Big Sofo, Printezis and Fotsis were the best performances of Greek NT in this EB...
                      and debriefing means?...
                      sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

and debriefing means?...
                        Hahahaha! lol ! lol!

Greek NT debriefing

Greece got bronze due to:

1) Luck
                        2) Refs
                        3) Greek loby
                        4) The unamed one
                        5) Psicocology
                        6) MIFS
                        7) Did i mention greek loby? well Greek loby

Comment

and debriefing means?...
                          My mistake! I wanted to say bad, I forgot to delete that word, which was part of another thought...
                          Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by obe31 View Post
                            Hahahaha! lol ! lol!

Greek NT debriefing

Greece got bronze due to:

1) Luck
                            2) Refs
                            3) Greek loby
                            4) The unamed one
                            5) Psicocology
                            6) MIFS
                            7) Did i mention greek loby? well Greek loby

My friend!!
                            I see,you understand now basketball!

Here you deserve one turkish delight!

And 348,35 koudos!!!!!!!

it was a very successful tournament,far beyond my expectations.The positives to take from this,is Sofo's amazingly perfomance and Calathes' very positive signs indicative of a bright future.

oh,now they came back..and every politician went to steal some spotlight whatdoyaknow..
                            "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

Originally posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
                              My mistake! I wanted to say bad, I forgot to delete that word, which was part of another thought...
                              All for a good laugh mate..all for a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                                My friend!!
                                I see,you understand now basketball!

Here you deserve one turkish delight!

And 348,35 koudos!!!!!!!

it was a very successful tournament,far beyond my expectations.The positives to take from this,is Sofo's amazingly perfomance and Calathes' very positive signs indicative of a bright future.

oh,now they came back..and every politician went to steal some spotlight whatdoyaknow..
                                I prefer Syrian baklava if you ask me. If you ever visit Damascus try some...the best baklava ever

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information