No announcement yet.

Final: Spain vs Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spain dominated the boards and at 1st half eveything went really well. Spain's defense was good with Teodosic (Ricky and Llull were key players in this championship), as it was with Parker and Spanoulis, and Gasol was a dominant player in the paint. A deserved MVP!
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Mark thats a stupid question the Serb team would have won with ease Spain started winning titles when those boys retired or stopped playing for NT. No disrespect to Spain but they won allot since that generation stopped playing.

I hope Spain can bring in some young talent to go with Riky. I believe the new generation of European Stars will be amazing, allot of talent on show.
      SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by milic17 View Post
        Mark thats a stupid question the Serb team would have won with ease Spain started winning titles when those boys retired or stopped playing for NT. No disrespect to Spain but they won allot since that generation stopped playing.

I hope Spain can bring in some young talent to go with Riky. I believe the new generation of European Stars will be amazing, allot of talent on show.
        I absolutelly agree with u.
        Originally posted by Stardusted
        It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
          I heard some complains from Serbs which were present in the final that the greek fans in the hall were cheering for Spain instead for Serbia!

Is this true?
          My family and friends were in,and they and all greeks were supporting the serbs.I don't know if it was some exceptions ofcourse.Most possibly there were.
          "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
            That is because I was not posting here in 2005 and 2008. I would say the same.

Check my Bakset Balls album.
            Weren't you the same that laughed hard at F.Y.R. Macedonia when they were defeated by 32 and the same who even made an avatar about it? Why that compassion for Spain or Serbia and not for other countries?

On the other hand, we need to tell Spain NT to win +15 all games, then nobody can complain that they won thanks to the referees or they were arrogant and wanted to humilliate the other team. Btw, what happens when Spain or Greece win +50 against some countries from Africa or Asia in World Championships? No mercy on Japan, for example?

All teams have to play their best game unless you're +30 with 4 minutes left... anyway there will be always something wrong with Spain NT.. i'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by klakis View Post
              by the way.........
              THERE IS NO GREEK LOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!
              man this trophy is as old-fashioned as vasilakopoulos himself!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

• Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                This Spanish team against Divac
                ,Stojakovic,Savic,Rebraca,Djordjevic,Danilovic,Bod iroga,Jaric,Vujanic,Beric,Koturovic ?

Who would have won ?
                Hiii ! Spain already beated a similar team in 2002. This was the roster of Yugoslavia, since that day, Yugoslavia couldnt beat the spanish team in any of the next competitions.

- SMILJANIC, Aleksandar 1,96 26 Buducnost B
                - VUJANIC, Milos 1,90 22 Partizan B
                - JARIC, Marko 1,98 24 Kinder Bolonia B
                - RAKOCEVIC, Igor 1,91 24 Buducnost B/E
                - BODIROGA, Dejan 2,04 29 Panathinaikos E/A
                - STOJAKOVIC, Predrag 2,07 24 Sacramento Kings E/A
                - GUROVIC, Milan 2,07 27 Unicaja A
                - RADMANOVIC, Vladimir 2,08 22 Seattle Supersonics A/A-P
                - CABARKAPA, Zarko 2,10 21 Buducnost A-P
                - DROBNJAK, Predrag 2,11 27 Seattle Supersonics A-P/P
                - DIVAC, Vlade 2,13 24 Sacramento Kings P
                - TOMASEVIC, Dejan 2,05 29 Tau P
                - KURUROVIC, Dejan 2,12 30 Alba Berlín P

The situation is kinda similar between this new Serbian NT and the spanish team in 2002. In Spain the starters were Calderon ( 21 years old ) Navarro ( 22 ) Gasol ( 22 ) Garbajosa ( 25 ) and Jimenez ( 25 )

Comment

• Originally posted by Useless View Post
                  Hiii ! Spain already beated a similar team in 2002. This was the roster of Yugoslavia, since that day, Yugoslavia couldnt beat the spanish team in any of the next competitions.

The situation is kinda similar between this new Serbian NT and the spanish team in 2002. In Spain the starters were Calderon ( 21 years old ) Navarro ( 22 ) Gasol ( 22 ) Garbajosa ( 25 ) and Jimenez ( 25 )
                  so maybe the history will repeat itself again??

(welcome back!stick around a bit more next time lol )
                  "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Useless View Post

Do u see the names of Aleksandar Djordjevic or Danilovic or Savic on that roster ? Is that the championship we became the world champions in Atlanta USA ? U were ahhhh.... 6th ? We did beat u after that : http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/cid...mID_96799.html
                    Savic could put Gasol into his pocket so u wouldnt even know that he is on the court. BTW ask Pau how many times he has lost to Serbia (Yugoslavia,SCG) !

DIVAC, Vlade 2,13 24 ?! Sacramento Kings P ???!!! 24 ??? U meen 34 ! back in 2002.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perseus1966 View Post
                      Spain is the best team ,how can the same players fail continuously in Euroleage its a mystery...
                      Not such a mystery. Spanish teams usually arrive to F4, but then money talks. CSKA, Panathinaikos, Maccabi...

Comment

Do u see the names of Aleksandar Djordjevic or Danilovic or Savic on that roster ? Is that the championship we became the world champions in Atlanta USA ? U were ahhhh.... 6th ? We did beat u after that : http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/cid...mID_96799.html
                        Savic could put Gasol into his pocket so u wouldnt even know that he is on the court. BTW ask Pau how many times he has lost to Serbia (Yugoslavia,SCG) !

DIVAC, Vlade 2,13 24 ?! Sacramento Kings P ???!!! 24 ??? U meen 34 ! back in 2002.
                        If I´m not wrong Spain, in Gasol era, has played 12 times vs Serbia, 10 wins and only 2 losses, is a good balance i think

1- Estambul (Turquía) 06-09-2001 Campeonato de Europa (Semifinal) 65 - 78 SERBIA WIN
                        2- Indianápolis (USA) 30-08-2002 XIV Campeonato del Mundo 71 - 69 SPAIN WIN
                        3- Sodertalje (Suecia) 07-09-2003 Campeonato de Europa (Ronda preliminar) 75 - 67 SPAIN WIN
                        4- Palma de Mallorca (España) 24-07-2004 Amistoso 83 - 78 SPAIN WIN
                        5- Granada (España) 27-07-2004 Amistoso 76 - 60 SPAIN WIN
                        6- Atenas (Grecia) 21-08-2004 XXVIII Juegos Olímpicos 76 - 68 SPAIN WIN
                        7- Novi Sad (Serbia Mont.) 16-09-2005 XXXIV Campeonato de Europa 89 - 70 SPAIN WIN
                        8- Alicante (España) 31-07-2006 Amistoso 83 - 62 SPAIN WIN
                        9- Singapur 12-08-2006 Amistoso 80 - 65 SPAIN WIN
                        10- Saitama (Japón) 26-08-2006 XV Campeonato del Mundo 87 - 75 SPAIN WIN
                        11- Varsovia (Polonia) 07-09-2009 XXXVI Campeonato de Europa 66 - 57 SERBIA WIN
                        12- Katowice (Polonia) 20-09-2009 XXXVI Campeonato de Europa 84 - 62 SPAIN WIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariscada View Post
                          If I´m not wrong Spain, in Gasol era, has played 12 times vs Serbia, 10 wins and only 2 losses, is a good balance i think

1- Estambul (Turquía) 06-09-2001 Campeonato de Europa (Semifinal) 65 - 78 SERBIA WIN
                          2- Indianápolis (USA) 30-08-2002 XIV Campeonato del Mundo 71 - 69 SPAIN WIN
                          3- Sodertalje (Suecia) 07-09-2003 Campeonato de Europa (Ronda preliminar) 75 - 67 SPAIN WIN
                          4- Palma de Mallorca (España) 24-07-2004 Amistoso 83 - 78 SPAIN WIN
                          5- Granada (España) 27-07-2004 Amistoso 76 - 60 SPAIN WIN
                          6- Atenas (Grecia) 21-08-2004 XXVIII Juegos Olímpicos 76 - 68 SPAIN WIN
                          7- Novi Sad (Serbia Mont.) 16-09-2005 XXXIV Campeonato de Europa 89 - 70 SPAIN WIN
                          8- Alicante (España) 31-07-2006 Amistoso 83 - 62 SPAIN WIN
                          9- Singapur 12-08-2006 Amistoso 80 - 65 SPAIN WIN
                          10- Saitama (Japón) 26-08-2006 XV Campeonato del Mundo 87 - 75 SPAIN WIN
                          11- Varsovia (Polonia) 07-09-2009 XXXVI Campeonato de Europa 66 - 57 SERBIA WIN
                          12- Katowice (Polonia) 20-09-2009 XXXVI Campeonato de Europa 84 - 62 SPAIN WIN
                          After 2002 World gold we fell apart.But now : WE ARE COMING BACK
                          BE affraid be very affraid !
                          Joking !

Comment

It was in Indiana. Spain was the 5th. I just copied the roster from a website. did you watch that final? maybe someone else more objective could say something about the refs.

So easy to talk. First of all, i said, Spain beated a similarSCG team with an almost junior team, isnt it true?

Savic? come on man, are you talking about Zoran Savic stopping Gasol? I think Gasol has faced WAY better centers than him. Savic was undersized and what you said about putting Pau in his pocket was just the typical arrogantic speech from some serbian people, just like Divac said in the pre-game in 2002 that Spain couldnt beat them even with 12 gasol in the court, and surprise surprise they lost

Pau? losing against Serbia? not many for sure. Pau´s generation was totally dominant in Europe, and they became "dominant" at senior ages too, just think about the last ten years and what Spain achieved. Maybe you should ask your guys how many times they lost against Spain the last decade

Let´s be more objective and less fanatic, both teams are great i just wanted to point out that there were some similarities between those the spanish team in 2002 and the serbian team in 2009

Comment

• ok

the refs did help SCG in the finals in Indiana.It was a foul that Divac made at the end of the game.Gasol never faced better center then Savic except Shaq.Gasol is great player but he is surely NOT the best center in the world. I am just sorry our guys didnt have more time to rest after semi,it would have been a different game believe me.If u were so good in Indiana then why didnt u win the gold ?! How many NTs beat u there ? 3-4 ? Im really sorry u didnt play in the finals there,I really wonder would u have beaten our team then ?! Dont think so. U beat us in a meaningless preliminary game (by one basket only).Till we meet again. Hold on to Gasol,without him u r nothing.

Comment

• Zoran Savić

wiiki:

Look at all those gold medals

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information