View Poll Results: Who will be the European Champion ???

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

41 43.62%
  • Serbia

53 56.38%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Final: Spain vs Serbia

Time for some big revenge!
    I found it hard to believe see us losing again to this team the way we are playing atm. This is our biggest chance for an EB.
    I cant imagine how Pau ,in particular, motivated will be!
    He is going to be a beast tomorrow, believe me. And we know that Spain automatically wins if he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Guard View Post
    I found it hard to believe see us losing again to this team the way we are playing atm. This is our biggest chance for an EB.
    He is going to be a beast tomorrow, believe me. And we know that Spain automatically wins if he shows up.

I know that our kids every night before they go to bed drink milk...And every day they are bigger and bigger...

It's going to take more than everything our team showed on this tournament to beat the fabolous team of Spain.

I just hope for the fair game and no one mentioning referees afterwards.

SRBIJA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
    From fibaeurope.com:

FIBA Europe official spokesman announced that Spain asked for a change in the schedule of the 1st place final. "Since Serbia's semifinal ended up at overtime, we think that 1st place final should be anticipated" were the words of Spanish Basketball Federation Secretary.
    FIBA Europe accepted the Spain's request, so this is the new schedule for the last day of the Eurobasket 2009:

3rd to 4th place final: Greece - Slovenia (21.15 CET)
    5th to 6h place final: Croatia - France (18.30 CET)
    7th to 8th place final: Turkey - Russia (14.15 CET)
    1st to 2nd place final: Spain - Serbia (5.15 CET)
    i am quite confused that's Poland local time? (Have to set the alarm for later)
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    i am quite confused that's Poland local time? (Have to set the alarm for later)
    Big Lebowski made it up, he's joking.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Thanks Euros for the consideration Damn it, i will be as tired as Slovenia if i waited for it. So Rik, according to the site it's still 21:15 Poland time, right? (i have to make sure. Maybe you are joking )

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Spain goes to the game less tired than Serbia. The Spaniards had a relatively easy game against Serbia, with Gasol playing only 21 minutes and some bench players playing more time than usual (Cabezas, Llull), and Serbia had to play a OT to beat Slovenia...
    Who will win the matchup between Krstic and Gasol? And can Ricky and Llull stop Teodosic? Two pertinent questions to the Final...
    Spain will finally reach the trophy, after 6 silver medals, and Gasol to MVP!
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Rik are you trying to make the guy miss the game on purpose? Damn...

durden, the game is 17:15 Poland time, which is GMT -1

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Quote Originally Posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
    If you predicted that Spain will win I am not so sure that they have any chances...

You are black cat

it is quite funny how many rivals/enemies are now backing Serbia to win. Greeks, Croatians, Slovenians, Lithuanians, Russians, Turkish, French

Last edited by gatos; 09-20-2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Costa AKA Visseira View Post
    Costa, keep it up. You are our lucky charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Panco View Post
    Although the Lithuania-Yugoslavia/Serbia rivalry is well known (at least used to be), I will definitely support Serbia tomorrow.
    !
    I did NOTread other posts, but this is the EXCTLY the idea I wanted to say!
    Go Srbija!!!!!!!!!
    signature
    --
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Predicion game!
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game!
    MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game! Most correct W-L predictions: re5pectas (59)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Predicion game! Most correct predictions a.k.a. Eights: re5pectas (7)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Predicion game! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Thanks Euros for the consideration Damn it, i will be as tired as Slovenia if i waited for it. So Rik, according to the site it's still 21:15 Poland time, right? (i have to make sure. Maybe you are joking )
    No, no joke. Don't pay attention to Arkadios, game starts at 21:15 Poland time (CET).
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

No, no joke. Don't pay attention to Arkadios, game starts at 21:15 Poland time (CET).
    durden_tyler will you believe two users or a user who is famous in these forums for his pranks? Make a smart choice... if you want to see the final.

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

It will be a nice game. The two best teams of Europe will be matching for the title and clearly Spain is having the better chemistry and the experience (although they only won in a final once, while most of the young Serbs have won several similar games in the junior level though)

The constant improvement of the Serbs during the tournament, their depth, their good and flexible rotations, the ability of having several multi-position players and the strong post references are giving Ivkovic and Teodosic a lot to work on in this game. After all, this team is not looking like they would be afraid of anyone in the world (they are Serbs after all), especially since they already beat them last week

Of course, if Navarro and Rudy start hitting their 3s, things won't be so easy for them, but at least they stand a decent 30% chance to win this game
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

I really don't who's is going to win But I will say Serbia's coach is wayy better than Spain's...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    durden_tyler will you believe two users or a user who is famous in these forums for his pranks? Make a smart choice... if you want to see the final.
    i did better. Checked my local channel's schedule and the time of feed, they are to air it LIVE. So there. 3 AM Philippines time. Thanks, Rik Almost got me there Ark, but hey my bad, my bad for not getting the joke

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by Guard View Post
    Good luck with the biggest chance! I believe this team of Serbia will have a chance for gold every year in next 10 years - Eurobasket/WC/Olympics...Btw, no such thing like "automatically winning" except if Serbia NT doesn't show up at 17.15 because they thought game was due at 21.15

Duda is a great coach and I really admired the disciplined atmosphere he has managed to introduce in a team with a bad record in this field.
    Was really refreshing also to see such a talented young team playing such a beautiful basketball.

Spain on the other hand is simply of another league.. The defence they can play in the court can choke any European team IMO

Teodosic has been so far a great leader esp in the semis, but I have to say that Slovenians did not play such a great defence or at least not of the style Spain has been able to play. I am sure that he wont have so much space to hover in the Spanish defence as he had today

I wish for a good match tomorrow/today big score and hopefully an OT

I think someone else has to step it up besides Teodosic. I think tomorrow Teodosic will have less than ten points but I hope he has at least 10 assists. I know the defense will be all over him and I know for a fact that he will not have any open three pointers. I just pray that our young playmaker makes the right decisions with the ball like he has been doing this whole tournament.

I think Perovic has been absolutely brilliant. Every champion needs someone off the bench to come on and be that "extra spark of energy". A player who comes off the bench when the team is down and brings the team back into it single-handily. Perovic has been doing this all tournament long.

Another player that needs to play good in order for Serbia to win is Krle(Krstic). If he doesn't come to this game ready to shut down the Gasol brothers than we can expect a loss. He's the unofficial leader of this squad due to his experience and he needs to show this tomorrow.

All in all, I don't expect much from Serbia. I hope they win but I think Spain will go into the 4th with a 20 point lead. They will bring in their subs and Serbia will lose by 10 to make it respectable.

I pray of course that it's the opposite!

NAPRED SRBIJO!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast