Thread: Grade your NT

Default Grade your NT

I know the championship is far from over but for some teams it is for other its almost as is

Anyway here goes my grade for the Turkish NT.

Stengths: Showed that they can be a defensive force. Have a young & talented frontcourt & a decent backcourt as well.

Weakness': Don't have the mental capacity to close out games for 2 weeks. In close games against quality opponents they are 2-2 which is not enough to get a medal.

Punch line: At least they showed that the host next year will mean business!

Grade: B +

After the Russian game I have to down grade to a "B".

OK we did earn some respect but the whole world also knows that we can also fall apart any second.

All in all if before the tounament you would have said to me a first 8 finish with a winning percentage & some quality wins including the finalists I would have been happy

Serbia -B+ ( would be A if they performed a little bit better in the final game).

Spain:

Slow beginning, great ending. Team stepped up when needed, but also we were out of the tournament with 4 minutes left against Great Britain. Also, playing horrible first 4 games, with bad mentality, bad atittude and bad decisions by almost all players.

Fortunately, everything changed on quarters and since then team played at full potential.

Grade: A-
    Last edited by Morente; 09-21-2009 at 09:48 AM.

C-
    first time ever we don't win even one game on EB.. very disapointing but the fact we were close to win twice makes it C-
    the problem of my NT was that every game of the first two (the ones that were important for, in the third no matter what we couldn't reach the next round) on the first game only the front line did the job (eliyahu 30+ kuzikaro about 15 etc) and on the second game only the guards did the job (burstein 20 halperin 25 mekel about 10)

A baby !!!! Nobody expect our team to be the second place this year.We made biggest jump of all teams.Last year we played qualifier for this tournament .
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    A baby !!!! Nobody expect our team to be the second place this year.We made biggest jump of all teams.Last year we played qualifier for this tournament .
    i think your NT (serbia right? cuz the flag is yugoslavia's ) deserves A+++
    btw last time we got you out on the first round :P

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    btw last time we got you out on the first round :P
    Yes 2007 was the worst year in our basketball history. People talked about that for weeks. It was a scandal. But if that didnt happen Ivkovic wouldnt have come back!

This year its different. A medal after 7 years deserves an A+

Croatia:

Good things: being back at World Chapionship, impruvent of Ukic and decision that team is going on rebuilding
    Bad things: destroyed team chemisty, leadig to many old guys insted of some younger talents like Tomic, ugley, slow old fasion basketball and terible overall performance

I will tray to be greatful for briging us back at WC so from 1 to 5 I give them 3
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Croatia:

leadig to many old guys insted of some younger talents like Tomic, ugley, slow old fasion basketball and terible overall performance
    I said it already on another thread. I dont understand how Tomic didnt make it into this team. Offensively he is the best center Croatia has

Quote Originally Posted by fastbreak View Post
    I said it already on another thread. I dont understand how Tomic didnt make it into this team. Offensively he is the best center Croatia has
    I think Repesa lost control under presur mostley that he created for him self and wanted to reach a medal no mather what when objectivly we don't have qality fro that. So I guess he was afraid to put him in team because he is bad in defense and unexpiranced at this level.

Now I would just like some patiance from our federation as we have some nice group of young talents and with Ukic, Tomas, Barac, Tomic and maybe Rudez and Markota (if they fix problems with their heads) we could actualy create team that is capeble to win medals in 4-5 years. But without paitance and good long tearm program we won't make it. I And also our clubs defenetly need big reorganzation of how they work in youth categories and how will they develope them when they become seniors
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Turkey - tanjevic - Hedo = C+

Lithuania B-

Why? Because I did not expect more from this team.

If they had qualified to the World Cup, grade would be A.
    If they had be in the Top8, grade would be A-.

This team did what they could.
    Remember September 2003!!!

Greece is 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziem View Post
    You really know basket well...
    Thanks ozziem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Borisko View Post
    Serbia -B+ ( would be A if they performed a little bit better in the final game).
    For me Serbia clearly deserves a A at least,given the youth of their roster and the quality of players missing ( Savovic,Stojakovic...) the silver medal is really a success.

Regards Spain even if the beginning wasn´t promising deserves a A+ ( what´s better? end the championship in top form or a rush start and falling in the final as in 2007? )

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by arturcia View Post
    Lithuania B-

Why? Because I did not expect more from this team.

If they had qualified to the World Cup, grade would be A.
    If they had be in the Top8, grade would be A-.

This team did what they could.
    In 2005 they had even worse roster (at least on paper) and still finished 5th with only 1 loss.

I'd grade Lithuanian performance C-