View Poll Results: Vote for the winner!

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • France (NBA)

31 41.33%
  • Greece (Euroleague)

44 58.67%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Group E, Day 6 France (NBA) vs Greece (Euroleague)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroscope View Post
    Ah, you're an optimist. I'm not

I honestly don't think Greece can make it against Slovenia (let alone Turkey). The only way back into the light and outta hell (quoth Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday) is vast improvement in FG% and rebounds.
    I agree.I'm not optimist either but because I didn't have any expectations in the first place I won't be particularly dissapointed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    You didn't consider one thing though. Greek players play better when they MUST win, and French players play worse when they MUST win.

France did not necessarily want to win the game yesterday, but if this was a do or die game, that last shot wouldn't have gone in.

And stop this Oly/Pana comparisons. The best players are not even on the team.
    Greek who?This is a new greek team,very different from the old one with different mentality and experience.Surely you don't claim that clutch in the final minutes is a trait we have as a whole nation basketbal-wise?
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    They don't really want to play Poland in the next round.
    Hhahahahahahaha! lol! lol! Man you almost killed me! lol! hahahahaha! hahahah!
    Dont say these things without warning. Everybody in the office heard me laughing!
    Respect for making my day!

Well, having said in previous posts that Greece would win and win easily, it is time for me to eat my words.

Robbe was right, French team closed in their defence, shots did not go in from the Greek Side and the rest is history.

Also, nobody wanted to win this game, it was obvious. The French actually wanted to lose big time but De Colo destroyed everything.
    Greece was not really sure what they wanted but France was simply better anyway.

I can not say I bought what Greek players said about playing for the win and honoring our flag etc... Greece definately wanted to win more that France but i did not exactly see them crying at the end of the game...Plus Calathes, Kalampokis, Kaimakoglou got quite a lot of playing time...

Anyway, truth be told, France was the better team yesterday. Even thought they did not want to win they played better than Greece.

So Respect and Good luck on their next game

Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan View Post
    I agree.I'm not optimist either but because I didn't have any expectations in the first place I won't be particularly dissapointed either.

Greek who?This is a new greek team,very different from the old one with different mentality and experience.Surely you don't claim that clutch in the final minutes is a trait we have as a whole nation basketbal-wise?
    Ok, How's this. The French play worse when they are under presure.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroscope View Post
    Hmmm...Says who? In Beijing 2008 Greece - Argentina, Greece played terribly.
    No, they didn't. It's just that Argentina played a very good game. That's another team which has a winning mentality.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Ok, How's this. The French play worse when they are under presure.
    I don't know.I haven't been exactly impressed by how our team has been playing in final minutes either..quite the contrary..and we haven't been in a KO,win or die situation either.So I really can't say.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Hey people, the tournament is about to start in two days time....

The Greek team has already appeared with three faces:
    The first two games against good opposition they played beautiful and extremely effective bb on both, defence and offence.
    The next two games, they won but did appeared not focus (especially in defence)
    The last two games they played ordinary bb with dead periods, slack defence and bad % on offence.
    IMHO this team is suffering from energy and fitness levels especially some key players including Spanoulis, Bourousis, Zisis, Fotsis.....
    They are having three full days rest before the X game so if their problem is indeed the lack of energy it would not be an issue on that game.
    In any case, the team has proved that can play good as well as bad bb and nobody can say for sure what are we about to see on Friday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arindiel View Post
    I am Greek and i dont mind loosing once every 26 years from your NT :P
    Stop listening to Hatzipaparas guys, the last time France beat Grece was in 2006. Just one year after the notorious 2005 game.

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Quote Originally Posted by g.g View Post
    IMHO this team is suffering from energy and fitness levels especially some key players including Spanoulis, Bourousis, Zisis, Fotsis.....
    This might be the case. Kazlauskas was worried about the physical condition of the team before the start of the tournament.

Jesus Christ! Have you heard what happened in the French camp?!!!

People claim they could hear them having a massive arguement after the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziem View Post
    You really know basket well...
    Thanks ozziem.

everybody seems to be watching basketoupoli here

if it's true it really really sucks.I hope they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysh View Post
    Nop, can we be enlightened?
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysh View Post

People claim they could hear them having a massive arguement after the game.
    Ermmmm what?

Massive arguements. People could hear them argueing for long time. It turns out French wanted to lose and avoid Spain.

The guy scored a 2pt shoot in the end, despite his coach orders.

He was also not allowed to give an interview anywhere... strange things must have happened.

Saying this France did not execute any smart shoot in the end...

So, we have some evidence of teams trying to lose...
    Thanks ozziem.

they were cursing and insulting the young guy.
    Nice team they are..

I wonder if Greece really tried to win, they were keen following the score but nothing more...
    Thanks ozziem.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    Stop listening to Hatzipaparas guys, the last time France beat Grece was in 2006. Just one year after the notorious 2005 game.
    But not in an official game. It was a match in Stankovic cup in China.
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Remon View Post
    Did you notice any celebrations on their behalf?
    At least they aren't calculating like yours team
    Anyway, we shall see how will your team look like against Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.Is.M. View Post
    But not in an official game. It was a match in Stankovic cup in China.
    I like the Greek way of thinking. Always counting in Acropolic Cup but not Stankovic Cup for example. I'm talking about the journalists of course, not you.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213