View Poll Results: Vote for the winner!

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • France (NBA)

31 41.33%
  • Greece (Euroleague)

44 58.67%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Group E, Day 6 France (NBA) vs Greece (Euroleague)

Quote Originally Posted by ataman5 View Post
    I can say no Papaloukas no win for Hellas, you guys are badly in need of a pg, Spanoulis playing like Navarro in Spain. Borousis(sorry if i'm mistaken with his name) was acting like he is disturbed with his teammates. Somethings are not just ticking right for now. Your team chemistry are going down with the losses you had.

But still, you are my strongest favorite. I believe you'll be stronger on the quarter finals.
    I agree with your analysis except from the last bit. Turkey is the favourite to win the cup. Greece is the outsider and lets hope history repeats itself where an outsider wins the trophy.

On a serious note, it is the first time I saw such a chemistry in the Turkish NT, (the only thing that was missing in previous tournaments). Less NBA primadonnas and more team orientated players has made Turkey a favourite.

Greece has had a good chemistry since 2004, but for some reason has lost its edge in the last couple of games. I just hope our survival instinct will just kick in and that we can get back on a winning streak.
    Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

The game became a thriller after all - despite my prediction for an easy French victory - but only because of the 8 - 0 rally of the last minutes and Spanoulis's 3 pointer. But there is a basket Karma after all, and it came back to bite Greece in the bottom They got what they had been giving the others for years, namely a buzzer beater

2nd defeat in the row (and 3rd bad game) for Greece, and I'm afraid it won't stop here. They will crumble in the QF, I am afraid they stand no chance... Let's hope they'll make it in the 5-6 or 7-8 position game to qualify for the WC
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Is De Colo a popular guy around the team? He sure seems like he doesn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Is De Colo a popular guy around the team? He sure seems like he doesn't want to be there.
    The irritated look by Batum and Turiaf towards De Colo just as the shot went in was hilarious. Buzzerbeater of the year.

now i hope lithuania will beat serbia, and turkey slovenia, then spain will be 2nd..
    it would be great for these stupids 'i will choose a better opponent in 1/4' positions.

anyway, spain is not as good at this championship as ir should be, and for the unbeaten team like france, spanish players should not be happy for this opponent in the quaters. and i believe they can loose it of course. go france!

Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    The irritated look by Batum and Turiaf towards De Colo just as the shot went in was hilarious. Buzzerbeater of the year.
    Priceless photos, good job
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

It seems the first defeat with Greece was a turning point of their performance..

Greece played hard to win but they couldn't..
    France didn't play too much and won the game... what if they played all full squad and not by bench players..

Greek guys:
    2nd defeat in the row (and 3rd bad game) for Greece
    don' t say that Greece tried to loose, they wanted to win but they couldn't
    History will write Greece lost against France in 15-sep-2009

Bourousis and comrades showed a week game..
    Bou colo,, Batum were the star..

View Poll Results: Poll voting is ridicules especially Greek guys are more in numbers
    France (NBA) 31 41.33%
    Greece (Euroleague) 44 58.67%

France comes first on this group.. " Point a la ligne "

GtM

Quote Originally Posted by samer_1_2 View Post
    France didn't play too much and won the game... what if they played all full squad and not by bench players..
    and what if Kaslauskes wanted to win this game?

I was very surprised about so little enthusiasm of French players after that extraordinary buzzer beater. They looked a bit confused.

Can somebody tell me why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Navarro #7 View Post
    I was very surprised about so little enthusiasm of French players after that extraordinary buzzer beater. They looked a bit confused.

Can somebody tell me why?
    They don't really want to play Poland in the next round.

GtM

Maybe they get lucky and play Spain

Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    They don't really want to play Poland in the next round.
    Sure. They're a tough rival.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please never leave us Einstein, I love your posts.

Got that right, Greece never used bench players, in fact Kaimakoglou is a regular member of Greece's 4th quarter rotation.

My sincere congratulations. After of 24 years or smth of competitive ball you finally did it. Here's your reward: Spain. Will you eat here or take away?

View Poll Results: Poll voting is ridicules especially Greek guys are more in numbers
    France (NBA) 31 41.33%
    Greek posters voted for Greece: 13 (plus Ozziem)
    Greek posters voted for France: 11

How wise of you to jump to conclusions Einstein, you never disappoint me.

Seriously though, how old are you? If you are less than 12, I'll stop answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richey666 View Post
    yeah. fuck it. greece vs turkey, i dont care, whoever wins, I lose

Talking

It seems the first defeat with Greece was a turning point of their performance..

Greek guys:
    2nd defeat in the row (and 3rd bad game) for Greece
    don' t say that Greece tried to loose, they wanted to win but they couldn't

Bourousis and comrades showed a week game..
    Bou colo,, Batum were the star..

France (NBA) 31 41.33%

France comes first on this group.. " Point a la ligne "
    I am Greek and i dont mind loosing once every 26 years from your NT :P

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFan View Post
    In case you didn't notice, France was the team that tried to loose the match so they would avoid from matching with Spain. If there are stupids who " will choose a better opponent in 1/4" this was France.

And there's no chance this Lithuania team to beat Serbia. You are only dreaming.
    we will see. serbia 80-20, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFan View Post
    In case you didn't notice, France was the team that tried to loose the match so they would avoid from matching with Spain. If there are stupids who " will choose a better opponent in 1/4" this was France.

And there's no chance this Lithuania team to beat Serbia. You are only dreaming.
    no. The point was that france did not care about losing or winning this game. We had either the 1st or the 2nd place, which was important for the incoming schedule. They cared (and it was cleared in the itw's before the game) about having fresh leaders for the 1/4's. Hence the playtime of our bench. And btw i kinda expected it (see my last post before the game)

What was unexpected, it was the global performance of pana/oly & so on players against our "top" proA players. But i am sure you are about to think that oly and pana should really sign more players from our championship considering how competitive they are in the end. Am i right ?

About samer (must be a typo anyway, i assume a "l" was meant to replace the "s"), i still wonder if he's really french would it be for his poor english (not that mine is perfect at all but still..) or for his obvious "knowledge" (/irony on) of european bball. Anyway, if he is, we all have our black sheep i guess ^^

Was a strange game..

I saw again a total lack of concentrantion again in the Greek team ...
    It is different to not be motivated to win a game (maybe they were) and different to lose all clear shots (ok for the rebounds motivation is important). For shooting players though F, G or PG these kind of performances can really jeopardize performance in forthcoming games.. And already one could see a certain decline in confidence..
    If even a win for many players would not feel the best outcome (..) saving the moral I think that should have been a reason for the team to put up some fight.
    and may this explain the comeback in the end
    From technical point of view also rotation and schemes in the court became a bit strange to follow not sure if they were tried in advance or kinda ad hoc..
    Defence also was poor and this shows how important is a good Diamandidis in the court since he is the player that glues all the schemes togather and closes gaps both in personal defence and rebounding!
    Regardless of the reasons of these poor perfromances, the atmosphere they created may not be a good ticket for the next round..

To be fair with the team, it has shown potentials and a continuity in playing at the highest level even with 9/12 of the players being newbies
    So I am looking fwd for the QFs to prove all the worries I expressed wrong

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan View Post
    To be fair with the team, it has shown potentials and a continuity in playing at the highest level even with 9/12 of the players being newbies
    So I am looking fwd for the QFs to prove all the worries I expressed wrong
    Ah, you're an optimist. I'm not

I honestly don't think Greece can make it against Slovenia (let alone Turkey). The only way back into the light and outta hell (quoth Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday) is vast improvement in FG% and rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    no. The point was that france did not care about losing or winning this game. We had either the 1st or the 2nd place, which was important for the incoming schedule. They cared (and it was cleared in the itw's before the game) about having fresh leaders for the 1/4's. Hence the playtime of our bench. And btw i kinda expected it (see my last post before the game)

What was unexpected, it was the global performance of pana/oly & so on players against our "top" proA players. But i am sure you are about to think that oly and pana should really sign more players from our championship considering how competitive they are in the end. Am i right ?

About samer (must be a typo anyway, i assume a "l" was meant to replace the "s"), i still wonder if he's really french would it be for his poor english (not that mine is perfect at all but still..) or for his obvious "knowledge" (/irony on) of european bball. Anyway, if he is, we all have our black sheep i guess ^^
    You didn't consider one thing though. Greek players play better when they MUST win, and French players play worse when they MUST win.

France did not necessarily want to win the game yesterday, but if this was a do or die game, that last shot wouldn't have gone in.

And stop this Oly/Pana comparisons. The best players are not even on the team.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    You didn't consider one thing though. Greek players play better when they MUST win, and French players play worse when they MUST win.
    Hmmm...Says who? In Beijing 2008 Greece - Argentina, Greece played terribly.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast