Day 9, Brazil vs. Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
    Aaaaaaa cintron is the baddest coaches ever from puerto rico, ever, and he is the coach from the nt, pufff
    Who would be your choice?

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
      Aaaaaaa cintron is the baddest coaches ever from puerto rico, ever, and he is the coach from the nt, pufff
      I cant believe we lost the big lead, it was too good to be true

With 4-6 minutes left PR has a 19 point lead. However:
      1) they did not burn enough seconds of each possession, sometimes shooting with 11 seconds or more left
      2) Brazil pressed and stole many balls and PR did not bring a second ball handler in.
      3) Insisted in long passes instead of pick are rolls and short handouts.
      4) Kept Red Hot Vasallo on the bench for a good part of the 4th quarter.
      5) Arroyo, the only playmaker ballhandler on the floor, is inbounding the ball in the second to last play, when we are in need of a basket.
      6) The offense completely shut down.

The two games that would have best predicted our outcome in Turkey have showed me that despite having a good team we cant win the big games against the big teams in a consistent manner. Argentina rested their players with an easy victory in the earlier game today and our team is going to have their fourth hard game on consecutive nights.

If Puerto Rico had a chance to choose schedules for the second round, I believe they did a poor decision because leaving Argentina and Brazil back to back at the end before the semis is the worse idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
        Who would be your choice?
        Flor Melendez or an international coach....
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Im watching the game now.
          Manolo's an idiot. I just cant believe he can get paid to coach a basketball team, much less a national team. Im really sorry we got into Turkey, he will remain the coach.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah he's funny for sure .He's more like a cheerleader on the court
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Edit: Found this. I couldn't get this season stats.
              That's not a "flopping" stat, it's a "off foul drawn" stat.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                That's not a "flopping" stat, it's a "off foul drawn" stat.
                I know, I was just messing with the "flop" haters. Taking a charge is an art. Andy is great at positioning himself in front of the defender and when he draws contact he falls. Similar to what Divac used to do so well. To me Varejão posses a great skill and he helps his teams a lot with it.

Comment

I know, I was just messing with the "flop" haters. Taking a charge is an art. Andy is great at positioning himself in front of the defender and when he draws contact he falls. Similar to what Divac used to do so well. To me Varejão posses a great skill and he helps his teams a lot with it.
                  Ok, I totally agree with you. I would add that it says a lot the willingness to sacrifice your body for the need of the team. Having a 100 + X kilogram athlete crash into you at full speed isn't a particularly enjoyable experience. Most players will go out of the way for that reason alone. Or they just turn their back for protection and commit a foul in the process.

Then, of course, there's the real flopping, and some of Varejao's offensive fouls drawn may fall into that category. But still, any way one looks at it, like it or not it's an extra possession in a sports where single games are often decided by one, two, or three possessions.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information