No announcement yet.

Day 9 - Canada .vs. Dominican Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after watching many games, i do feel of course that DR has much more talent than Canada (even without Cisco, although i am sure he WILL play in the most important match of DR history "maybe")..Canada players are really just average players, when DR has for example Ricardo Greer on bench... the guy was averaging 32 minutes and almost 12 points in Euroleague !!! this is solid experience player, and even he doesnt get the chance to play a lot in DR.. Canada players are just mediocre players, with only English maybe on somewhat close level... Canada looks to have better system, but then again... they rely TOO much on 3 pointers and actually their system worked ONLY vs very weak teams, while vs good teams (even Uruguay) they lost quite easily..

i think DR will beat Canada, better bench doesnt give Canada that much advantage, in fact i think this is kinda a disadvantage as they mix players too much and can make 2-4 subs at a time... and when that son of a coach ( ) comes on the court.. he only shoots threes, which he is good at.. BUT HE MAKES STUPID DECISIONS, which already cost them....

Comment

canada will win by 1 pt
      check these websites

lebanon basketball NT new design

Comment

just found out, Villanuevas' son's Canadian

LOL

Comment

for all the Lebanese.... think about it, and cheer for DR

they have more chance to get a wild card... as FIBA will want as many as possible NBA players to participate in the Worlds... with DR they get 3, and maybe even more... so DR will get a wild card, seems like everybody is interested in them participating... but in any case, DR will win tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
            like everybody is interested in them participating... but in any case, DR will win tonite.
            nope
            sigpic

Comment

lets go canada this is your time.

Comment

they have more chance to get a wild card... as FIBA will want as many as possible NBA players to participate in the Worlds... with DR they get 3, and maybe even more... so DR will get a wild card, seems like everybody is interested in them participating... but in any case, DR will win tonite.
                honestly im not sure which team i prefer to win....but canada is ranked 19th and DR 31...(lebanon 24)...so what do u think the best scenario for the lebanese tonight???dont u think that fiba looks at ranking before anything else??
                History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                  honestly im not sure which team i prefer to win....but canada is ranked 19th and DR 31...(lebanon 24)...so what do u think the best scenario for the lebanese tonight???dont u think that fiba looks at ranking before anything else??
                  Rankings has little to do with Wild Card, here are certain criterias a country have to fulfill in orther to get a WIld Card

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                    Rankings has little to do with Wild Card, here are certain criterias a country have to fulfill in orther to get a WIld Card
                    you are right but "number of nba players in the team" is not clearly reflected in the criteria...so i guess main criteria "history-importance to organizers-popularity of basketball"...DR have an advantage over lebanon in nba players but is it part of the criteria....this is my question...
                    anyway we should wait the outcome of the game and then we'll see
                    History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Here's the link again to FIBA criteria for a wild card
                      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                        you are right but "number of nba players in the team" is not clearly reflected in the criteria...so i guess main criteria "history-importance to organizers-popularity of basketball"...DR have an advantage over lebanon in nba players but is it part of the criteria....this is my question...
                        Maybe those NBA players can affect the "importance to organizers"

Comment

lebanon have 2 XNBA players:
                          matt freije / jackson vroman ...
                          2 NCAA div1 players
                          + the best asian player of all time fady el khatib

so lebanon have also important players

they deserve w WC

and lebanon have been in the world cup in 2002 and 2006 the only team that is able to defeat the 2 billion chineese IN FULL POWER..while DR HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE WORLD CUP SINCE 1978(NOT SURE ABOUT THE DATE)

SO LEBANON CHANCES ARE HIGHER
                          check these websites

lebanon basketball NT new design

Comment

anyone have a link?

Comment

says Argentina vs Uruguay but it shows Canada vs Dominican

Comment

Dominican Republic 16
                                Canada 13

After one. Neither team shooting well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information